Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

COTA Track days

Re: COTA Track days

Again, I'm curious as to Ken's thoughts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

But really, there are no bad tracks. They can all be fun. Also they tend to get more technical the faster you go. However, a technical track IMO is one that offers many different types of corners, and especially ones that lend themselves to multiple lines. But, Double apex, late apex, off camber, downhill, high speed, blind and bowl turns is a mix that makes a track technical.

I can't speak to COTA not having sampled it yet. It definitely looks fast, and also has a few unique looking corners on paper anyway. I like the pretty paint as well.

Paul_E_D

This is why I'm asking the question I am. I tend to agree with you on what makes a track technical. As a man that makes his living communicating motorcycle theories in a relatively skilled manner, I'm interested in Ken's take on the topic.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    But really, there are no bad tracks. They can all be fun. Also they tend to get more technical the faster you go. However, a technical track IMO is one that offers many different types of corners, and especially ones that lend themselves to multiple lines. But, Double apex, late apex, off camber, downhill, high speed, blind and bowl turns is a mix that makes a track technical.

I can't speak to COTA not having sampled it yet. It definitely looks fast, and also has a few unique looking corners on paper anyway. I like the pretty paint as well.
    There's only maybe 2 corner's Id consider "technical". Turn 1 another ... maybe, but only cause its uphill blind. There are 2 kinks that you have to get right, and very easy to get wrong, but I wouldnt call them technical.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I haven't ridden anything outside of New England but I'd put Monticello in NY up there with anything. That track is fucking awesome and gorgeous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123