Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Which *current* street / track tire would you most like to try?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bridgestone 003

3 11.54%
  • Continental ContiRaceAttack Street

8 30.77%
  • Dunlop Sportmax Q2

2 7.69%
  • Michelin Power Pure

9 34.62%
  • Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP

7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What current hypersport tire would you like to try?

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

What current hypersport tire would you like to try?

Just curious what folks here would love to try as their next sport STREET tire?

If I've missed a tire model let me know, I also tried to choose the latest and greatest from each major manufacturer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by scottieducati; 03-30-10 at 09:35 AM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: What current hypersport tire would you like to try?

I'm on dc3's now but have been doing a lot of research into a new set of hoops for the 636. I was not all that psyched about the miches and after the dunlop rep told me their tires are a dc3 clone that only lasted 3-5 k of street/track time I'm going to try either the 003rs or the contis but I do a ton of street miles so I'm thinking the contis with more rubber might be a good choice as I'd hate to burn through a set of 003's slabbing it to group rides.

Of those listed, prolly the bridgestones. I'd imagine they're the cheapest. If I'm not correct with that guess, then the conti's would be next. I also put many miles on the street commuting and goofing off, so that plays into the decision bigtime.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Dunlops because I have never ridden Dunlop and wanna see what the fuss is about.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

It looks like all you want to look at is the top sticky rubber. But for me my next set will be the pirelli angel. Having ever only bought dunlop and michelin hypersport tires for the top of the line performance. Pirellli has me sold with this

"On March 15th 2009, 15 Journalists and 12 Pirelli Testers set 7 FIM World Duration Records at Narḍ Technical Center in Southern Italy. On just one set of Angel ST tyres they covered a distance of 5,135 km at an average speed of 214 km/h in a tough 24H non stop trial which proved the consistency and the performance of the new ANGEL ST."

Since I'm no Rossi and probably only hit the track once this year, I hope these will make me happy with more miles than the 5k I get from pp 2ct.

If I was buying hypersports next it would probably be metzlers new tires that are single compound but the cords are wound tighter and looser in different areas to allow faster heat up or longer millage.

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Well, for sake of keeping things as much "apples to apples" as you can get... I went with the sticky-icky rubber (this is the track day section after all).

Perhaps another poll could be had for tires like the Angels, Pilot Power 2CTs, ContiSportAttacks, etc....

CCS/LRRS #83

High maintenance priss

I started track days last year using new Bridgestone BT016's. I have done 5 days so far on them and they have worked great for me. 03 ZX6R, no idea what sort of times I run. Bike is track-only.

I have a set of Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro SC2's already mounted on a 2nd set of rims, so those will be the next tire I'll be trying.

[EDIT] - I know these tires aren't in the poll, but so far I like Bridgestones and would jump up to the 003 if I needed a more track-oriented tire.

Last edited by keeena; 03-30-10 at 11:24 AM.

Pirelli Diablo

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Well, for sake of keeping things as much "apples to apples" as you can get... I went with the sticky-icky rubber (this is the track day section after all).

Perhaps another poll could be had for tires like the Angels, Pilot Power 2CTs, ContiSportAttacks, etc....
    My bad, I didn't check what forum this was. I seen the bold street tire and thought that's what you were looking for. I know the Angel would not fit into your category that's why I suggested the new metzlers. Their add in my current moto rag had me interested in the cord technology over multi compound.

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

My initial intent for this pole was to pick ONE tire to feature, but since tires are such a personal choice... we decided to offer quite a few.

Sadly the newest Metzler M5's are out of stock for now...

CCS/LRRS #83