Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

F1 Outdoors Bridgewater Supermoto Track?

F1 Outdoors Bridgewater Supermoto Track?

I was watching a few supermoto videos on YouTube and many of them are people racing supermotos on outdoor kart tracks. I know F1 Outdoors has a very nice (world class or so I've heard) kart track, and I was wondering if they've ever hosted a supermoto event of any kind? I also was wondering if any of the track day associations on here have ever tried to contact them and talk to them about doing track days for supermotos at their track? I've been on it a few times for their arrive and drive events and it seems like it would be a super fun track to ride a sumo on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: F1 Outdoors Bridgewater Supermoto Track?

Well i dont know about the super moto part, sounds cool though. But the track, unless it was repaved, sucked, very bumpy surface. Track was beautifully designed though, the landscape part that is.

CCS #31

Afaik the owners flat out refuse to allow bikes of any sort on it. Minis included.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Damn I thought it would be worth a try. I just don't get why some tracks aren't bike friendly. Is it liability or issues with the surface?

They don't want bikes ruining the surface via a combination of dragging pegs/hard parts and crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    They don't want bikes ruining the surface via a combination of dragging pegs/hard parts and crashes.
    Most likely the truth. But theyre stupid, since the real go kart can put up to 4Gs on the corners at high speeds it will damage the pavement even worst than dragging a peg

CCS #31

Here you go:
    http://www.ovrp.net/

They actually run a sumo race series. Not to close to Boston, but not any further than nyst either. Plenty of video on YouTube.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by MaRce1o View Post
    Most likely the truth. But theyre stupid, since the real go kart can put up to 4Gs on the corners at high speeds it will damage the pavement even worst than dragging a peg
    They can see what the karts do over time, pitbikes do the damage in large chunks at once. Even worse that hard parts hitting the deck is fuel/oil on the track. Homebrew exotica fuel in particular can wreck a large chunk of track in an amazingly short amount of time. That issue almost got us punted from 106 Racepark as we were causing giant holes from gas softening the asphalt.

I don't understand though, karts can leak fuel on the track too. I understand the hard parts hitting the track though. Maybe there isn't enough demand to make it worth opening it to supermotos (aka not enough money to be made). I'm not sure though. Something tells me if they allowed sumos to run there people would show up. If you build it they will come...

Lifer

When a motorcycle hits the deck, the likelihood of the tank or crankcase cracking and leaking has to be far, far greater than a kart.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    When a motorcycle hits the deck, the likelihood of the tank or crankcase cracking and leaking has to be far, far greater than a kart.
    It's almost a certainty when a pitbike is on it's side something will spill, even without cracking something. It's almost a certainty pitbikes will end up on their side at some point during the day.

When's the last time you saw a kart flip?

If any of the track day organizations came to them and asked them to do a Supermoto day just to see how it went, do you think they would be interested?

Nope.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.