Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone do Fishtails on June 30?

Re: Anyone do Fishtails on June 30?

I don't know how you can stick a leg out. When coming down the straight to turn one and many of the other turns I'm usually doing everything I can to keep on the bike. Both my arms are keeping me from flying over the front bars, my knees are wedged into the tank, the balls of my feet are pressing down onto the pegs and I'm sitting back to keep the rear wheel on the ground., how does someone do all that and then stick a leg out? Am I doing something wrong?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I usually bring it with me to ride around on the day before a track day.

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

And here I thought he was just doing it Fred Flintstone style. Heels make for great brakes. It's the way I used to stop on my skateboard or 10 speed when I was out of brake pad material.

But seriously, I did this once on the street coming around a corner and there was a patch of oil. Bike started sliding out from under me and I stuck my foot out to catch it. It kept me upright, although I wonder if I had been going fast whether it would have twisted my knee or turned real ugly if I had not stayed upright. Not a practice I am inclined to use.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaPod View Post
    But seriously, I did this once on the street coming around a corner and there was a patch of oil. Bike started sliding out from under me and I stuck my foot out to catch it. It kept me upright, although I wonder if I had been going fast whether it would have twisted my knee or turned real ugly if I had not stayed upright. Not a practice I am inclined to use.
    I've done it a couple times, wet pine needles in a corner, felt like an old flat tracker, on the gas, bars cocked to the right and rear tire going right. First thing I did since going to street bike riding after years of dirt bike riding and racing mx was to get rid of the foot down in the corners which became like muscle memory, but its still helped in a couple street instances.

2013 ZX6R-636

Haha, Mike Magee (FT instructor) was mentioning that in the classroom session. We never found out who was sticking their leg out. On a side note if anyone is signed up for CT on the 10th and can't make I'll gladly pay extra to take that spot. Lol. Call/text me 617.817.1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12