Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

garages/camping/electricity at loudon?

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

garages/camping/electricity at loudon?

i havent done a trackday since 4 years back at loudon.
    Then it was with team promtion and we could use the garages.

What is the scenario with use of garages with track day orgs like LAPs, boston moto , TTD etc...?

Do we use garages? first come first serve, that morn or the night before? or do we use a non garage place? and what of electrical? for warmers? how long an extension cord? if any?

If we can camp , do people camp on the asphalt is there a grass area or do people stay in the garage (usually at other tracks I'd get there the the night before and park near the track and sleep in the back of the xterra 1 so i dont have to put a tent and two because I snore)

Thanks for the answers ahead of time. I've been away from bikes for awhile and trackdays too. I"m expecting to put up a lot of ?'s soon some dumb ones and some dumber ones too. I'm expecting to put a lot of trackdays this year in prep for racing hopefully end of this year or next year.

-J

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Re: garages/camping/electricity at loudon?

Speaking for Boston Moto...

There is always plenty of free garage space which includes the use of the electric outlets.

Camping, starting the night before, is available at every event.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Speaking for Boston Moto...

There is always plenty of free garage space which includes the use of the electric outlets.

Camping, starting the night before, is available at every event.
    so you camp on asphalt or grass? or even in the garage?

and I'm assuming you stake out your spot of the garage early the night before with the camping right?

I also wanted to ask what is the security of loudon, I've caught a thread here and there about things being lifted, rvs being broken into and bikes going gone( nice bikes though not your ordinary 2000$ track bike)

Shoudl i be locking up the bike at night? and not be leaving my goodies out at might liike tool boxes, spare rims etc and stands?

hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    so you camp on asphalt or grass? or even in the garage?

and I'm assuming you stake out your spot of the garage early the night before with the camping right?

I also wanted to ask what is the security of loudon, I've caught a thread here and there about things being lifted, rvs being broken into and bikes going gone( nice bikes though not your ordinary 2000$ track bike)

Shoudl i be locking up the bike at night? and not be leaving my goodies out at might liike tool boxes, spare rims etc and stands?
    Well, there really isn't any grass left. It has been a while since you've been up there huh?

From what I remember, you're not allowed to actually sleep in the garages.

The NHMS security staff works all night to keep you and your gear safe.

I usually throw a futon mattress down on the floor of my trailer and run an extension cord from the garages to provide power for a fan or heater. I've found that "camping" at the track is way better than staying at the Red Roof, but that's me and it doesn't take much to make me comforatable.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

totally forgot about a fan or heater. thanks....
    how long does the cord need to be? 25' 50'? at pocono east depending.. you coudl get away with a 20'

hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    totally forgot about a fan or heater. thanks....
    how long does the cord need to be? 25' 50'? at pocono east depending.. you coudl get away with a 20'
    20' would be pushing it. It needs to traverse from the center of the garage, across the bay, across 2.5 (?) lanes of pavement and to I'm assuming the front of your trailer.

Fitz

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    20' would be pushing it. It needs to traverse from the center of the garage, across the bay, across 2.5 (?) lanes of pavement and to I'm assuming the front of your trailer.

Fitz
    A 50 won't reach from the outlets in the garage to my tramper when it's parked across from the garage. A 100 does it with more than enough left over. I'd say a 50 & a 20 if you have both, a 100 if you've got one lying around... Depends what you've got. I would not bring any less than 70'.

Any word on whether the newly-promulgated rules for LRRS camping will apply to trackday events, particularly with respect to extension cords? The PDF from NHMS referred to them as non-NASCAR-event rules, not just LRRS rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    Any word on whether the newly-promulgated rules for LRRS camping will apply to trackday events, particularly with respect to extension cords? The PDF from NHMS referred to them as non-NASCAR-event rules, not just LRRS rules.
    My guess is the cord thing will be enforced at trackdays ... hopefully that is the only one.

Should know a lot more after next weekend.

Also, there is not supposed to be any sleeping inside the garage bays, if I recall?

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com