Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Grattan Rocks...

Grattan Rocks...

Three of the fastest, best weather, most fun track days ever....

I was able to significantly step up my performance and even passed a desmosedici twice. No lie....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Re: Grattan Rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Three of the fastest, best weather, most fun track days ever....

I was able to significantly step up my performance and even passed a desmosedici twice. No lie....
    Cool! Details! Details!

-kim

drz400sm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3532494258_79ceb54614.jpg

So, I taught a half day at the Womans Riding School on Monday with my friend Gill. We met up with John and picked up Hannah and were on the road by about 3:30! We were bringing our 5 bikes in the trailer, plus two more in the bed of the pick up.

We drove through the night to Belding Michigan and were at the track by about 8:30 Tues. morning. We had a 20x40 tent and a 30x30 tent in the trailer and had the whole day to set up! This was an invitation only event opened to 50 folks. This was the 7th year for the SSR and my 5th time! Everyone camps.

We ran 2 20 minute sessions all three days. The first and third day we ran 'Race' direction (clockwise) and the second day we ran reverse direction.

In three days there were a total of 3 get-offs, a couple of 'agricultural excursions' and no injuries. That is typical of this event. There are a ton of REALLY fast guys. There was a guy with a Desmosedici and he was riding if like he was afraid of wadding it up. (Can't imagine why!) As a result, I was able to pass him a couple of times. How many folks do YOU know that have passed a desmosedic!!!

My rear tire is completely smoked. I wore the sides out so much the profile looks like a 'V'.

If you want to look at some pictures that would give you an idea of what it was like I have some posted here - Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - These pics are about the in between stuff that makes this such a fantastic event. I was either riding or recovering during the day so didn't take a single picture of bike on the track!

...and Kim...you're selling the SS???

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post

My rear tire is completely smoked. I wore the sides out so much the profile looks like a 'V'.

...and Kim...you're selling the SS???
    Sounds like a great time....I am so bummed that I had to cancel.

Yup...the SS is for sale. I've gone back to the I4 and I'm loving it!

-kim

drz400sm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3532494258_79ceb54614.jpg