Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Heroic vs Vanson

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: Heroic vs Vanson

Some really good info there, Todd.

Having known several people who have worn Vanson suits and crashed in them, I was convinced that they were who I was going to go with. That, and the fact that I love their dual-zipper Volante suit, regardless of the fact that people say that these suits look somewhat dated. So, I purchased my Volante suit and have run it in both LRRS rounds and a couple of track days so far this season.

Fast-forward to LRRS round 2, which took place close to 3 weeks ago. I had a 55mph off and landed on my left forearm, just in front of the padding for the elbow, and slid about 120 feet into an air fence, mostly with most of my weight on that same spot on the forearm. The result was a 3" long, 1" wide tear through the 1.5mm hide and a fairly deep piece of road rash on my forearm.

Would a Heroic suit have faired better? Who knows? It may have been the initial impact that tore through, rather than the slide. It may have been the combination of both.

You can read on this forum about the horrendous service that Vanson has provided to members of this forum, and they're a local company to us. I find it refreshing that Todd came on here to tell us more about his product.

I know that after talking to him on the phone that I will be giving him some glove business at the Classic.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Chuck honestly from how you describe it I'm not sure much of anything was gonna prevent that wear through.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    Chuck honestly from how you describe it I'm not sure much of anything was gonna prevent that wear through.
    You're probably right, since the initial impact I had to the ground was where the wear-through happened.

|

The stingray sliders on the Heroic suits may have prevented it. And Todd can make double zipper suits. This was the first thing I asked him in Jersey.

I've worn through stingray at 60mph (Held Titan palms, supermaning off the back of a sidecar), point pressure long slides... dunno as there is much that can survive that without impacting usability.

Thanks man....

Sorry this is the first post i am going to reply to but its what made me register...i'll do the intro and stuff later

I know HEROIC. I have SP/R Pro gloves....and am friends with Todd.
    Yes he has had some production time issues in the past but I think he has worked those out. Things seem to be smoother these days.

2...Do you know AMA rider Paul Allison? http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/rider...r.cfm?did=4088
    Boy crashes. He would rather wear his crashed HEROIC then get anything else.
    Santiago Villa from the SE/Florida area? SWEARS by his HEROIC leathers and gloves. Last year at....Rd America I think...Villa crashed at 175 mph...and the logo wore off....
    Eric Stump....well he doesn't crash as much but he's been in HEROIC for years lol

Kangroo might make you feel naked but its going to hold up. Feeling naked is actually a good thing because it is one less thing for you to worry about....where other leathers bunch and pinch in HEROIC you're comfortable and the weight actually will help you with race times. Stingray at impact/slide points...its a natural material it doesn't grab or catch if you slide

Yea I KNOW I KNOW....I'm friends so I'm biased but ask any of the riders I mentioned....they'll confirm.

damn Todd taking hundred of my dollars today. but now I have a back up suit for when I need it. its weird that he had a custom made for someone else that fits me almost perfectly. it ain't the right colors but for the price it damn sure is.

and next pair of gloves I get will be his. those things are by far the nicest I have ever tried on.

those things are by far the nicest I have ever tried on.
    I needed a pair ofgloves last year and those were the ones I went with, despite the $$$. They felt great and offered the best protection of all the options I tried (Held, Knox, A*'s). Also like the extra length of the gauntlet. No complaints whatsoever!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nobody has mentioned anything about the poor kangaroos......dislike......

and next pair of gloves I get will be his. those things are by far the nicest I have ever tried on.
    I grabbed a pair of the SP-R gloves Friday and took them out for first practice 30 minutes later. I didn't even need to soak them with water, the way I have with other gloves I have used at the track (Alpinestars GP Tech & Racer High End).

They were awesome and Todd even altered the pinky finger a little shorter on both gloves to fit my mutant pinkies.

|

After wearing one of Villa's used suits...my next one will definitely be from Todd. He's a great guy with a great product. That's enough to get my business these days.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Customer service alone is a win for me. Todd is a funny bastard for sure. I went to see him for some fixin and he noticed I didn't have any knee pads. He loaned me a set for the 3 days at TTD and pnce they were in the suit didn't need any fixin. I have no idea what happened to them.

1 vote for heroic!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KB used the kneepads for other things...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Todd attended our recent 3-day trackday event and definitely made a great impression on lots of people.

I'm actually considering picking up one of his suits and retiring my SYED suit to rain duty. It's never been down, but it is 12+ years old.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

he's a top notch guy, i went down on friday and he stitched up a hole in my knee and my boot while i waited. his gear is absolutely solid too. nicest gloves ive ever tried on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234