Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Come to the LAPS Track day Sept. 28th. The last one of the season!

Re: Come to the LAPS Track day Sept. 28th. The last one of the season!

for the cheap pricks that wont spend the extra $30, the reduced fair is more of a courtesy for committing early. without them, track day events would be cancelled due to lack of signups.

how would you feel if you rented a track for $3k and got all your sign ups the day of or the day before, because now the weather looks perfect.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    for the cheap pricks that wont spend the extra $30, the reduced fair is more of a courtesy for committing early. without them, track day events would be cancelled due to lack of signups.

how would you feel if you rented a track for $3k and got all your sign ups the day of or the day before, because now the weather looks perfect.
    Are you going to come to this one? I didn't see your mug when the rain clouds were lingering in August!

I do agree with your comment though.

Matt, i'll be riding at NHMS Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Let me know what group you're in, so we can ride together

EX 105

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote Originally Posted by j4eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    We have a good group so far but we still need more people for this day to have a chance of happening. If you have been on the fence sign up now. We will extend the $149 deal until this friday. We need 25 more riders by friday.

Let's do this!!
    now you're talking...jumping the price by 40bucks 29days prior is discouraging...the marketing plan would work if it was selling out, it will backfire if it didnt....good decision on the extension....actually suggest cutting it to 14 days instead of 29 and get rid of that 300.00 on the day of....its like you dont want anymore business.
    I will go thru all the motions of your registration and hopefully i can get it out by Friday....
    J4eric. I'm afraid your business model wouldn't work for a trackday provider. I don't know about other trackday providers but Boston Moto gets tons of low-ball offers in the few days before a trackday and we turn them down because it would be unfair to the people who signed up early.

Matt, i'll be riding at NHMS Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Let me know what group you're in, so we can ride together
    I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday ... Going to run advanced at LAPS for sure - not sure yet about Bomo but probably advanced there as well.

Doc, sorry to hear about the hard time you guys are having at LAPS. Despite being taken out in the afternoon I had a great time up there with you guys, but let me tell you, that was a loooooong painful drive home.

Due to my back/hip still be very sore I can't commit yet, but I would love to. My plan is similar to Femmekats, last hurrah with LAPS/BoMo and end the season in style. Sadly, I'm not going to be able to commit to either until about 10 days out due to back/hip and my poor bike. But you can bet if I can be, I will be there.

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

"The things in life you regret are the risks you never took"

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    ....There is nothing but love and tent pitching at the BoMo days....

Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    Going to run advanced at LAPS for sure - not sure yet about Bomo but probably advanced there as well.
    FYI... our last advanced group that you were in was a mix of intermediate and advanced... Usually it is quite a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
    Doc, sorry to hear about the hard time you guys are having at LAPS. Despite being taken out in the afternoon I had a great time up there with you guys, but let me tell you, that was a loooooong painful drive home.

Due to my back/hip still be very sore I can't commit yet, but I would love to. My plan is similar to Femmekats, last hurrah with LAPS/BoMo and end the season in style. Sadly, I'm not going to be able to commit to either until about 10 days out due to back/hip and my poor bike. But you can bet if I can be, I will be there.
    It is not that we are having a hard time, it is just that the track seems to be saturated with trackday providers all competing for a school of limited fishes.

I hope you heal up soon brother, it would be good to run some more LAPS with you.

For the rest of you: I just got off the phone with Rick (the owner). You will know by this sunday if the day is going to happen or not. All those that register by Friday will be contacted individually if the day is not going to happen. NO ONE will be charged until we know we are doing the day.

Register by Friday for the $149.

If you are registered and the day does not happen we will have a "We are sorry" parting gift for you.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

High maintenance priss

I hope you guys hit the attendance #'s. Its my first time trying LAPS out...was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

J4eric. I'm afraid your business model wouldn't work for a trackday provider. I don't know about other trackday providers but Boston Moto gets tons of low-ball offers in the few days before a trackday and we turn them down because it would be unfair to the people who signed up early.
    You are not the only ones Degs.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

I really want to do this also...have my paperwork all filled out just need to wait until next paycheck unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Quote Originally Posted by Femmekat View Post
    I really want to do this also...have my paperwork all filled out just need to wait until next paycheck unfortunately
    Just send it in. You won't be charged until we know we are doing the day.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

FYI... our last advanced group that you were in was a mix of intermediate and advanced... Usually it is quite a bit faster.
    I laugh at your faster group. The July date didn't seem any faster than BoMo but I did hear it was a little slower than a normal LAPs day. If that happened again in August then I think either the group got slower or you just thought they were faster

Now come to think of it I'm not even sure I checked any group box when I sent in my paperwork. but I'll stick with Advanced since you scare tactics last time didn't work and riding with faster people makes me faster.

Doc, if the Advanced group is so fast, what's the expected lap times? Yes, this is a serious question. I dont care what group I'm in, as I just plan on riding with friends.

EX 105

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I laugh at your faster group. The July date didn't seem any faster than BoMo but I did hear it was a little slower than a normal LAPs day. If that happened again in August then I think either the group got slower or you just thought they were faster

Now come to think of it I'm not even sure I checked any group box when I sent in my paperwork. but I'll stick with Advanced since you scare tactics last time didn't work and riding with faster people makes me faster.
    I'm sorry... Not "scare tactics". Just trying to keep the groups "true".

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Doc, if the Advanced group is so fast, what's the expected lap times? Yes, this is a serious question. I dont care what group I'm in, as I just plan on riding with friends.
    No worries, ride your own ride.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

what what are the Advanced group lap times? and no, i'm not talking the control rider's LRRS times.

EX 105

The track rental is more than 3k... At least that is what I am told,

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

what what are the Advanced group lap times? and no, i'm not talking the control rider's LRRS times.
    Since there is no timing I can't say (I honestly don't know)

If I am running at a good clip in Advanced at a trackday I would say I am running 1:24's. Freddy BLOWS buy me like Jeff/Eric Wood. So I think he is about 10 seconds faster at least and he is our barometer at most of our days.

So let's call it 1:14 (or less) to low 1:20's. 1:25- low 1:30's in intermediate and slower in Beginner.

If you are passing my slow ass in intermediate and I can't catch you in the corners it is time for you to bump.

The biggest difference about our Advanced group is that there are no passing rules.

Last edited by Doc; 09-02-10 at 04:02 PM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doc

The track rental is more than 3k... At least that is what I am told,
    It costs about $10,000 to put on a Bomo day so there's a ballpark for you.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Giggity: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.186 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

1:25 - 1:30 is the intermediate times? Then you should have maybe 3 signups for advanced.

I think it's more realistic to say 1:30 - 1:40 is the intermediate groups.

EX 105

The biggest difference about our Advanced group is that there are no passing rules.
    BoMo doesn't have passing rules in their Advanced either....just for clarification.

I know alot of the track days have been hurting this year and maybe if their were less TD to compete, then there would be more attendance at the ones left. You TD planners have the advantage of having only one track in the area, so you figure more people have to attend One of the track days that goes on in NH if they want to ride at the track.

I know you guys have to do what you have to do, but I'm going to be a little annoyed if this falls through. Being a business owner myself, sometimes you take a loss and that's what tax write-offs are for. I would never tell my customers that if they didn't build an addition to their house, I couldn't afford to stay in business. If I don't get enough work to stay in business, I should look else-where or figure out if the "enjoyment" of doing the job is worth the expense and aggravation. I'm sure BoMo and Tony's have both lost money this year, but also made it. If you have a low initial registration, seems like you make up for it with the higher reg prices the closer the event gets. I personally think it would be more professional to run all the planned days of the season and then figure out if it was worth doing again for next year or what changes to make.

Sorry for the rant.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

It costs about $10,000 to put on a Bomo day so there's a ballpark for you.
    Damned! That's a big nut to crack every track day. I commend you for taking such a big hit on some of them days this year. You run a fine show.

You cant expect a company (any company) to take may hits and loose money doing this. There is definitely a fine line between this labor of love they do for us the customer.

I can see loosing money maybe one season due to the economy, but doing it year after year becomes to stressful unless they have deep pockets which I dont think anyone right now has.

If you can go, and want to go, sign up and support those who support you in a sport you love to do. If not, one year you may want to be out there with no companies offering such great deals...

Now go sign up for some TD'S!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    BI know alot of the track days have been hurting this year and maybe if their were less TD to compete, then there would be more attendance at the ones left. You TD planners have the advantage of having only one track in the area, so you figure more people have to attend One of the track days that goes on in NH if they want to ride at the track.
    Sounds like there will be fewer TD dates next year as NHMS is bring on Legend Car racing.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Giggity: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.186 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

1:25 - 1:30 is the intermediate times? Then you should have maybe 3 signups for advanced.

I think there were 3 riders starting out in advanced last time. I was running high 1.20's and bumped to the advanced group after a few sessions, I think I was only passed by 3 or 4 different riders in that group and there was a ton of open track.

Nope. In my experience I am correct. I stand by my times.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast