Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Come to the LAPS Track day Sept. 28th. The last one of the season!

Re: Come to the LAPS Track day Sept. 28th. The last one of the season!

What's needed here?? This is all too weird in my opinion. If you need 40 riders to break even and you had 38 last time it was damn close. Now only 20 people have signed up what do we need to get the day going? Can someone PM the details or something, I work in finance every day, maybe I could help.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My apologies to the customers of LAPS.

It is not your job to speculate as to the goings on of the business. You are not privy to all the details and come to erroneous conclusions.

Your passion for a LAPS track day shows when you spend so much time trying to analize with information you do not have.

What has been said is we need 40 riders signed up by this past Friday for this to have a chance of happening. Nothing more, nothing less.

LAPS tries to provide a discount track day. The owner had a budget that he did not mind going over by a certain amount. That amount has come and gone. For LAPS to run another day this year it must break even. 40 riders does not "break even". 40 would have been a good start and we could have tried to get the other 30 needed in the coming weeks. No where did we say 40 was the cut off.

I am sorry if there has been confusion on this point, it was not my intent. Thank you to those that have signed up and shown a commitment to LAPS. We truly appreciate it.

At this point I am going to tenatively cancel the day. I have not got confirmation but the last time I spoke with Rick it wasn't looking good.

LAPS was looking forward to this just as much as you were, many of the instructors even offered to pitch in to make it happen and it still doesn't look like we can break even on the day.

As I have said before... I personally reccomend BOMO or TTD for your late season track day needs.

Last edited by Doc; 09-05-10 at 04:28 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Banned

That is a shame if it happens, but I for one fully understand how this can happen. it's better to make these decisions earlier than last minute.

Doc, if it's ok with Rick, have him or you PM me a list of the current signups (up to now, no new ones).

Ill talk to my partners at Boston Moto and we can see what we can do to accommodate those Customers on our Sep 29th date. No promises, but I'll try to find a solution that works for all.

the solution that works for me is to go back in time and smack some bitches up and tell them to sign up early. guess the 20 of us that did sign up can look on the bright side, we're saving a little money now.

I'll be at the BoMo day regardless of what they figure out.

This is kinda ridiculous - I for one can say if this day is officially cancelled I will not be doing LAPS track days anymore. Take time off from work based on a schedule and now I'm stuck with a day that's worthless. Very very poor on LAPS part.

Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    This is kinda ridiculous - I for one can say if this day is officially cancelled I will not be doing LAPS track days anymore. Take time off from work based on a schedule and now I'm stuck with a day that's worthless. Very very poor on LAPS part.
    how are you gonna blame them? people didn't sign up. It was $150 for the day, how much cheaper could they have made it to entice people into signing up. you can't run a day with just 20 attendees. no matter how much track time that would give me that would probably get boring quick, I want other people there.

no business can run without customers.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    how are you gonna blame them? people didn't sign up. It was $150 for the day, how much cheaper could they have made it to entice people into signing up. you can't run a day with just 20 attendees. no matter how much track time that would give me that would probably get boring quick, I want other people there.

no business can run without customers.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion - in my opinion they have had poor communication since June when we did our first LAPS day. My friend was traveling and needed to sign up a day late. The guy wouldn't give him the $150.00 despite him calling early and asking for an extension. He was explicitly told "We have never lost money at a LAPS trackday."

Now in two days they have "Lost their shirt" and need to cancel their day. As someone with a strong financial background it sends of a lot of in my head.

Not looking for flame wars, just expressing that I won't be attending another LAPS day again if I'm sitting at home on my day off the 28th waiting for Bomo on the 29th.

1. Who did you talk to that said "We have never lost money at a LAPS trackday"? I'd like to get the information you are getting because what I hear from the owner is different than what you are hearing.

2. Your statement about trying to get the $150 price AFTER the cut off speaks volumes. We deal with this exact thing all the time and it is a reason why LAPS does not break even.

3. If memory serves you asked to borrow my Motard for our last track day... Rather forward of you considering I did not even know you. You also asked to bump to advanced early in the day, lucky for you the advanced group was so small because I had reservations about bumping you.

4. Where do you get the impression in the last 2 days that LAPS has lost their shirt? 2 days? You are either ill informed or have not been reading this thread.

5. As for the communication, If you want online Reg and paypal go to Tony's or Bomo. You want a $150 track day? Do LAPS and quit yer bitchin.

Finally, you are complaining about a track day that was CLEARLY advertised as in jeopardy BEFORE you ever signed up for it, all the while having a Tony's banner in your sig???

All that said, feel free to not attend another LAPS day if you feel so strongly about it. I will make sure to put you on the list.

For those that are paying attention, and have the ability to understand what is going on, we at LAPS THANK YOU for your support.

Last edited by Doc; 09-05-10 at 08:50 PM.
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

matt, you need to calm down.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    1. Who did you talk to that said "We have never lost money at a LAPS trackday"? I'd like to get the information you are getting because what I hear from the owner is different than what you are hearing.
    You don't want me to quote you because I have YOUR words in a PM that I would be happy to copy and paste, but for now I won't do that. Nuff said here.

2. Your statement about trying to get the $150 price AFTER the cut off speaks volumes. We deal with this exact thing all the time and it is a reason why LAPS does not break even.
    That statement doesn't prove anything - if LAPS is basing their cash projections off anything BUT customers paying $150.00 then there are serious financial issues within. No wonder a track day can't happen.

. If memory serves you asked to borrow my Motard for our last track day... Rather forward of you considering I did not even know you. You also asked to bump to advanced early in the day, lucky for you the advanced group was so small because I had reservations about bumping you.
    I think you're just kidding here but I'll just throw it in anyway. I asked you to borrow the tard because I wanted to try something new and from what I heard you're a good guy. I offered up the R6 as collateral, you were cool about it and offered it to me. But I decided not to do it day of because I didn't want to chance wrecking it on you. As far as bumping goes - I have no worries about my speed, I ride where I'm comfortable so I can enjoy my time at the racetrack.

4. Where do you get the impression in the last 2 days that LAPS has lost their shirt? 2 days? You are either ill informed or have not been reading this thread.
    I've been reading your posts - I'll go back and do some quoting if necessary but read back through the thread and have a think about it for a bit.

5. As for the communication, If you want online Reg and paypal go to Tony's or Bomo. You want a $150 track day? Do LAPS and quit yer bitchin.
    THAT is the reason LAPS only has 20 riders right now and will need to cancel their day - THAT right there. Take notes.

Finally, you are complaining about a track day that was CLEARLY advertised as in jeopardy BEFORE you ever signed up for it, all the while having a Tony's banner in your sig???

All that said, feel free to not attend another LAPS day if you feel so strongly about it. I will make sure to put you on the list.

For those that are paying attention, and have the ability to understand what is going on, we at LAPS THANK YOU for your support.
    Again - they have someone with a TTD sig throughout the last few threads trying to get people to go to LAPS. I have already signed up for LAPS for the third day this year! I have to go into work Tuesday and ask for that day back, and try to get a day off to go to Tony's the following week.

For now on I'll stick to trackday organizations I can count on running a day.

To each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    matt, you need to calm down.
    I'm good man I'm good. I am just going to put it out there now. It is ridiculous.

I'll be at Bomo though! I know they'll be running their day!

Last edited by kb1; 09-06-10 at 07:46 AM.

I'm good man I'm good. I am just going to put it out there now. It is rediculous.

ridiculous is the correct spelling

this is really unfortunate, but im not gonna read too much into it. regardless of why laps cant do this day, their fault or not, its their right to not lose money.

i bet next year laps will have paypal and online registration...people are lazy (including myself) and busy. this day would have been filled if there was online payment options. end of story.

i wish laps the best and hope they can continue bringing a budget trackday next year.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

This kind of urinary olympics doesn't do anyone any good. Yall need to take the baggage to PM.

I don't know any of you but do appreciate the effort to have more track days available.

AS I have said... It is tenatively canceled. Only a few people have been charged and they will be refunded if it is canceled.

There is still a chance the day is going to happen. It all depends on what information Rick gets from the Track tomorrow.

If he just loses his deposit for canceling then he will eat it. If he has to pay the whole fee then I think he will make a go of it.

As for the booty chatter and baggage people are spewing... Oh well, You can't please all the people all the time.

Again I apologize for these technical difficulties. It is really my fault as I have been trying to talk Rick into not canceling the day since the day after our last day. I thought we could get enough people to break even (I.e. 70 people).

Last edited by Doc; 09-06-10 at 12:03 PM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

It is what it is at this point. Just sucks a lot - I know a lot of us were really looking forward to this as a last hurrah to the season.

Doc - I PM'd you

I appreciate you keeping the current and potential customers in the loop Doc. It is not easy to keep a business going in this economy. It is a shame that the season will have to come to an end earlier than anticipated, but things happen. And where many will understand why, you are correct that you will never be able to make everyone happy. I look forward to riding again with LAPS in 2011.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Thumbs down Re: Come to the LAPS Track day Sept. 28th. The last one of the season!

Well it is my unfortunate duty to inform everyone that the Sept. 28th LAPS day has been cancelled.

I want to thank everyone for your support this year and though this was a difficult decision we hope that it will put us in a better position to serve you in the future.

The entire staff at Laps would like to wish everyone a safe remainder to the season and a wonderful off season and look forward to seeing you all in the spring.

We would also like to offer our condolences to the family of Shoya Tomizawa. This was a terrible crash and a great loss to the motorcycling community.

Steven

I know you guys tried and I personally appreciate your attempt at providing a low cost day, I am very surprised things didn't work out better for you.
    For what it's worth, IMHO I think more varied advertising and easier sign up may have helped.
    Hope to see you at the track in 2011.

I think its all Doc's fault. Lazy asses like me need to be reminded a couple times to sign up more than a week before the early registration deadline.

sucks the day isn't happening but gotta look on the bright side, $149 back and no hotel for the night

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    That is a shame if it happens, but I for one fully understand how this can happen. it's better to make these decisions earlier than last minute.

Doc, if it's ok with Rick, have him or you PM me a list of the current signups (up to now, no new ones).

Ill talk to my partners at Boston Moto and we can see what we can do to accommodate those Customers on our Sep 29th date. No promises, but I'll try to find a solution that works for all.

Hi,
    Are you guys going to be able to accomodate the customers of LAPS? I just want to know as today is the deadline for signing up. Thanks and I appreciate you and your team even considering this.

Thanks,
    Nathan

They have also had to cancel events.

As I have said before... I personally reccomend BOMO or TTD for your late season track day needs.

Obviously the BOMO date is closer to the original LAPS date, but certainly everyone is welcome to join us as well if it fits your schedule.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

...or do both, it's going to be a long winter so get your track time in!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

We have never cancelled an event. The track closed due to snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    They have also had to cancel events.

CCS/LRRS #83

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast