Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

LAPS Trackday August 24th only $149!!!

Re: LAPS Trackday August 24th only $149!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
    Had a blast at the track. Sorry to everyone for wrecking the 7th session guys. I'm not going to place blame on myself or the other rider, shit happens. I'm pretty sore. The bike is in rough shape. But at the end of the day I still had some great time on the track, met some new people and had fun. Hope to see you all again.
    Ajay, good to meet you, Matt said you were headding to the ER, I assume as you are posting that you checked out OK.
    Put some Ductape and zip ties on the bike for the rest of the season and ride LAPS in Sept.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I had an awesome time and it was great to see some old faces there.

Thanks to those that helped me get my exhaust back together and thanks to Doc for lending me the tools My day was either done or I was going to chance it and ride with hopes it didn't blow up if we didn't get it fixxed.
    Like most of the people I've met here, Doc isn't as much of an ass in person as he is online. I was surprised at that..haha There, I said it, are you happy now?? haha, Seriously though, it was nice to have finally met you and thanks again for lending me the gun.

It was my first time riding with LAPS and I've been asked to give my honest opinion on how the day went

Ups..
    ..price, early sign up is by far the best bang for the buck out there. The up-to the day before price is also a great option IMO.
    ..friendly and helpful staff.
    ..Lots of track time, I think it's the most I've gotten in one day in many years!
    ..making 2 groups rather than 3 after lunch.
    ..the low attendance numbers..obviously not great for whoever puts the event on, but it's pretty kick ass for the riders.
    ..a grilled lunch where you can load all you can fit on your plate and say you're full when done eating.
    ..I REALLY liked the fact that each group got their full session time wise in, even if there was a red flag in their group. I'm sure that could be controversial, but I liked that.

Downs.. For what's it's worth, none of these "downs" would stop me from attending another LAPS day, it's just my opinion on what would make the day better for me. If it's insulting, i'm sorry...and I know the first one will be to some

.. To start the day...the riders meeting. The staff did a great job of explaining the details and got the point accross. However, it shouldn't ummmm take ahhhh ummmmm 20 ahhhhhhhummmm minutes to ahhhhhh ahhhhhhh ummmmm explain ummmmmmhummmm the ahhhhh, what was I saying ummm again? Ummm, the flags! Just IMO, 15 minutes of that 20 minutes was a complete waist of everyones time. Sorry if I offend, but I'm being honest here
    ..To many control rider crashes
    ..I can't stand the final lap flagging! The checkered flag and red flag combined makes no sence IMO. I never once saw a checkered all day, it was always red flags in stations other than turn 1. It also creates somewhat of a pit in issue for those getting the flag in 11, which meens another lap at redflag pace= more waisted time.

Like I said, I had a great time and got more tracktime than I was expecting and none of the downs would prevent me from attending another LAPS day

Yamaha

The riders meeting flag "brief" is always a little long... Yet if you take it the right way it can be entertaining.

I was surprised at the control rider crashes and I am sure that will be addressed. Steve does a great job as out Chief instructor. (That morning the staff had talked about how LAPS had only had 3 Instructor crashes up to that point.) Thanks for that feedback.

I brought your red flag thought up as soon as you explained it to me. The biggest thing is we don't want people racing the final lap, Hence the red flag all stations... If you get a flag late in 11 it is ok to go around one more time (and most likely take the 3/10 split). That should/will be put out in the riders meeting if we don't make any changes. (I never saw a checkered either)

On another note, I hope I didn't pass you too close or too many times.

Thanks for the feedback and great meeting you!

Last edited by Doc; 08-25-10 at 08:27 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    "Attention in the Paddock, Attention in the Paddock" "Steve Marble, your wife is here for you! You're in trooooblllllllllle!"
    very well played!

Quote Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
    Had a blast at the track. Sorry to everyone for wrecking the 7th session guys. I'm not going to place blame on myself or the other rider, shit happens. I'm pretty sore. The bike is in rough shape. But at the end of the day I still had some great time on the track, met some new people and had fun. Hope to see you all again.
    good to meet ya man. maybe see you in september?

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

I want to thank you for your honesty and comments. The flag thing with Sandy can be difficult but like Doc said use it as entertainment. She is a bit of an eccentric but she and her staff do a very good job helping us keep you guys safe. I do try the best I can to keep her on track.
    In our experience we have seen that a checkered flag on the last lap tends to bring a lot of crashes. People get fired up and think ok I have to make this one my best one and usually end up over their head. That is why we do the red flag, it forces everyone off pace and brings everyone in safely.
    I have to apologize for my instructors, having 2 of us go down in one day is very unusual for us and won't happen again. We pride ourselves on not having those things happen and our record shows that.
    We certainly hope to see you again and I am glad you enjoyed the day, overall and I hope this helps to explain things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I had an awesome time and it was great to see some old faces there.

Thanks to those that helped me get my exhaust back together and thanks to Doc for lending me the tools My day was either done or I was going to chance it and ride with hopes it didn't blow up if we didn't get it fixxed.
    Like most of the people I've met here, Doc isn't as much of an ass in person as he is online. I was surprised at that..haha There, I said it, are you happy now?? haha, Seriously though, it was nice to have finally met you and thanks again for lending me the gun.

It was my first time riding with LAPS and I've been asked to give my honest opinion on how the day went

Ups..
    ..price, early sign up is by far the best bang for the buck out there. The up-to the day before price is also a great option IMO.
    ..friendly and helpful staff.
    ..Lots of track time, I think it's the most I've gotten in one day in many years!
    ..making 2 groups rather than 3 after lunch.
    ..the low attendance numbers..obviously not great for whoever puts the event on, but it's pretty kick ass for the riders.
    ..a grilled lunch where you can load all you can fit on your plate and say you're full when done eating.
    ..I REALLY liked the fact that each group got their full session time wise in, even if there was a red flag in their group. I'm sure that could be controversial, but I liked that.

Downs.. For what's it's worth, none of these "downs" would stop me from attending another LAPS day, it's just my opinion on what would make the day better for me. If it's insulting, i'm sorry...and I know the first one will be to some

.. To start the day...the riders meeting. The staff did a great job of explaining the details and got the point accross. However, it shouldn't ummmm take ahhhh ummmmm 20 ahhhhhhhummmm minutes to ahhhhhh ahhhhhhh ummmmm explain ummmmmmhummmm the ahhhhh, what was I saying ummm again? Ummm, the flags! Just IMO, 15 minutes of that 20 minutes was a complete waist of everyones time. Sorry if I offend, but I'm being honest here
    ..To many control rider crashes
    ..I can't stand the final lap flagging! The checkered flag and red flag combined makes no sence IMO. I never once saw a checkered all day, it was always red flags in stations other than turn 1. It also creates somewhat of a pit in issue for those getting the flag in 11, which meens another lap at redflag pace= more waisted time.

Like I said, I had a great time and got more tracktime than I was expecting and none of the downs would prevent me from attending another LAPS day

Steven

I have a few comments that I want to speak with Rick or Doc about improvement wise ... but I plan to be there in September.

Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    I have a few comments that I want to speak with Rick or Doc about improvement wise ... but I plan to be there in September.
    PM me or "Hawk" please

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I am planning on being there. Fingers crossed for no rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I am planning on being there. Fingers crossed for no rain!
    Better get in the Delorean STAT!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567