Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

LAPS Trackday July 6th 2010 only $149!

Re: LAPS Trackday July 6th 2010 only $149!

ryan n, thanks for rubbing my shoulders at lunch

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Asking again, anyone pick up a Blue and White Vanson custom suit? Bib style with the name Sweeny and Central Auto Body on the back....
    Help!!
    Suit found! Thanks !!!

Yesterday was awesome, but the heat made it 10 times the workout it normally is. I've got leg cramps, arm pump, still dehydrated... damn.

That said, had a friggin ball. Ryan let me try out a CBR F4i, my first real taste of a middleweight. OMFG those things are MISSILES on the pipe. The lack of engine pulses screwed with my brain a bit too, made it feel faster than it really was I think?

Next on the list was a 620 SuperSport in PTwins trim... I want. That's all there is to say, too damn fun.

When Doc went out to cornerwork 2 for a bit to give the US Marshals a chance to grab some food... I figured it'd be a good time to show him what his bikes look like. Chip grab'd the tard, I hopped on his hawk, hilarity from there. Fun machine, very light, tight handling and I was quite surprised at the motor, much larger power band that I would have guessed for a gussied up Shadow.

My final bike of the day was Doc's new 748. I got the honor of running it before he even had. FUN machine. You get the low RPM torque of a Duc, but the damn thing never seems to run out of revs. Fun fun fun, I need one of these too!

Thank you again Ryan and Doc for letting me run your machines, I would have been happy just playing random wrench all day but getting to ride that selection of bikes was awesome.

Goal now is to get my 70 running again so I can show Ryan the 'little little little bikes line' in August. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Yesterday was awesome, but the heat made it 10 times the workout it normally is. I've got leg cramps, arm pump, still dehydrated... damn.

That said, had a friggin ball. Ryan let me try out a CBR F4i, my first real taste of a middleweight. OMFG those things are MISSILES on the pipe. The lack of engine pulses screwed with my brain a bit too, made it feel faster than it really was I think?

Next on the list was a 620 SuperSport in PTwins trim... I want. That's all there is to say, too damn fun.

When Doc went out to cornerwork 2 for a bit to give the US Marshals a chance to grab some food... I figured it'd be a good time to show him what his bikes look like. Chip grab'd the tard, I hopped on his hawk, hilarity from there. Fun machine, very light, tight handling and I was quite surprised at the motor, much larger power band that I would have guessed for a gussied up Shadow.

My final bike of the day was Doc's new 748. I got the honor of running it before he even had. FUN machine. You get the low RPM torque of a Duc, but the damn thing never seems to run out of revs. Fun fun fun, I need one of these too!

Thank you again Ryan and Doc for letting me run your machines, I would have been happy just playing random wrench all day but getting to ride that selection of bikes was awesome.

Goal now is to get my 70 running again so I can show Ryan the 'little little little bikes line' in August. : )
    I think there are more pictures of you on MY bikes than there are of me.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

had a great time out there yesterday, it was hot as hell and i drank 2 gallons of water and 1 gallon of gatorade...

Learned that i mostly just have to stop overthinking things and just ride the damn bike. I also learned that my 600 comes down the hill into the bowl much faster than Clayton's EX and i can in fact run out of brakes,track (and skill) before Clayton even turns in for 6...visited the gravel, but kept it upright though

Gonna see what i can go to make it to August.... I need better tires by the next track day though, so it might need to wait for September to make it to my next LAPS day. $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Dude it was hot. Don't beat yourself up on the times. I doubt I broke into the 30's all day.
    I ain't beating myself up about the times. that was the only lap I even looked at and I only looked at it cause of that Freddy pass. I don't think I rode over 60-70% all day. it was just too damn hot to really use any effort.

I had a good time. just wish my karma from fixing the green Kawi that ran into the wall translated into my bike not being a dud with a bad charging system.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I had a good time. just wish my karma from fixing the green Kawi that ran into the wall translated into my bike not being a dud with a bad charging system.
    i cant thank you enough for coming in the clutch and fixing my rearset, you saved my day, hopefully you get your charging issues worked out

Quote Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
    i cant thank you enough for coming in the clutch and fixing my rearset, you saved my day, hopefully you get your charging issues worked out
    it was my pleasure. I actually enjoy working on other people's bikes a whole lot more than my own. I can't just let someone sit there when the fix is pretty easy and I have the stuff necessary for it.

I'm not worried about the charging issue too much. Sucks that I bought a new battery so quickly when I should have just charged the old one first to see if it was still good. its just floating now on the charger so I think its still good. stupid me. I'll pull the stator cover off sometime when it cools down. I don't have any riding planned until Sept so I have some time to get it straightened out.

Great time on Tuesday.....although it was toasty.
    I was happy I was able to run my fast pace throughout the day.....I did slow down on my last two sessions and could barely hold on by the end. Great practice though for next weekends racing
    ...Most importantly the new paint job made it though the day still shiny!!

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

meg has started sending proofs and final photos out to those who inquired. She is still at it, and some folks didn't give her all their info. If you're interested in photos, hit her up:

meg@ciasports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    meg has started sending proofs and final photos out to those who inquired. She is still at it, and some folks didn't give her all their info. If you're interested in photos, hit her up:

meg@ciasports.com
    were those new leathers you had? they looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    were those new leathers you had? they looked good.
    fairly new, yes... and thanks! Crush made them... great suit.

for those who pitted near me, knew I was having a front brake issue last week. I have rebuilt the master (piston was sticking), cleaned everything out with brake cleaner, dried everything with an air compressor, replaced the hose with a clear/blue hose (can look for air pockets now), and replaced the fluid with a higher boiling temp. Also might have found some condensation in the resorvoir cap, which would have lowered the boiling point of the DOT4 fluid drastically.

Heading back up to NHMS for Tues/Wed, so I should be good to go. Thanks to Clayton & Kurlon for helping me out in between sessions.

EX 105

Will the REAL "Jimmy 2 Shots" please stand up!

Glad to hear that is figured out Jim, Brakes are one of THEM things you REALLY want to work RIGHT out there, especially good for building confidence.

See you later tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    for those who pitted near me, knew I was having a front brake issue last week. I have rebuilt the master (piston was sticking), cleaned everything out with brake cleaner, dried everything with an air compressor, replaced the hose with a clear/blue hose (can look for air pockets now), and replaced the fluid with a higher boiling temp. Also might have found some condensation in the resorvoir cap, which would have lowered the boiling point of the DOT4 fluid drastically.

Heading back up to NHMS for Tues/Wed, so I should be good to go. Thanks to Clayton & Kurlon for helping me out in between sessions.
    Hope it works out!! Is the piston where the air was getting back in? No fluid leaks? Just curious really, good information to have when I am cursing my brakes out.

Is it fixed now and no more bubbles?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Is it fixed now and no more bubbles?
    nope. got worse at the Boston Moto 2 day event. even replaced the master with a new OEM one after the 1st day. went to hit the brakes for T11 and the lever went right to the bar

have Goodridge -2 lines, PF Pads, and a caliper rebuilt kit on the way.

Last edited by Jim; 07-22-10 at 01:29 PM.
    EX 105

nope. got worse at the Boston Moto 2 day event. even replaced the master with a new OEM one after the 1st day. went to hit the brakes for T11 and the lever went right to the bar

have Goodridge -2 lines, PF Pads, and a caliper rebuilt kit on the way.
    What - The - Hell?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    What - The - Hell?!
    ya. i bought a spare master off Fast Freddie & installed it after the 1st day, hoping that would fix te problem. to make things betterererer, i have a stripped thread in the fork for my caliper mounting bolts. so the forks are off for a refresh & holicoil. then caliper rebuild, pads, lines, and fluid.

i'm going to go to Thursday's practice to test everything if you're planning on being up there.

EX 105