Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Lightning write up - long

Lightning write up - long

Fast & smooth.

I rode there yesterday with NYC Ducati, thought it was coordinated with NESBA but we were all alone. Only about 30 people there, clear track all day.

Smoking fast track compared to NHMS (which is the only track I've ridden). Kind of intimidating at first, but I was getting more brave by the end of the day.

I need to ride other tracks more often. It took me far too long to get my shit together.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joel Taylor
    LRRS/CCS #719

Re: Lightning write up - long

Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor719 View Post
    Fast & smooth.

I rode there yesterday with NYC Ducati, thought it was coordinated with NESBA but we were all alone. Only about 30 people there, clear track all day.

Smoking fast track compared to NHMS (which is the only track I've ridden). Kind of intimidating at first, but I was getting more brave by the end of the day.

I need to ride other tracks more often. It took me far too long to get my shit together.
    Yea was looking for you at thundebolt but I guess you were at lightning! I thought you were instructing with NESBA????

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Nope, I'm a BCM and Fishtail instructor. This was arranged through NYC Ducati and I assumed they ran it with NESBA. You can see where that got me.

I heard you had about 45 riders in the advanced group yesterday. We'd be lucky if we had that for a total.

I felt much more comfortable on the tight, twisty stuff on that track. The mongo speed and liter bikes blowing by me didn't sit well. I kinda hung with them on the twisty stuff, but the big sweepers and straights were something else.

Joel Taylor
    LRRS/CCS #719

Nope, I'm a BCM and Fishtail instructor. This was arranged through NYC Ducati and I assumed they ran it with NESBA. You can see where that got me.

I heard you had about 45 riders in the advanced group yesterday. We'd be lucky if we had that for a total.

I felt much more comfortable on the tight, twisty stuff on that track. The mongo speed and liter bikes blowing by me didn't sit well. I kinda hung with them on the twisty stuff, but the big sweepers and straights were something else.
    Gotcha...well Ill try and find you on sept 3rd at fishtail and hopefully bcm on the 24th

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Kind of intimidating at first, but I was getting more brave by the end of the day.
    It took me far too long to get my shit together.
    Ooh god, I'm fucked. And you're an instructor?? I'm bringing my trainingwheels!

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
    And you're an instructor??
    Yeah, this whole 'self-preservation' thing kicked in when I was in 5th gear tapped out on the front straight. I clicked it into 6th and ran out of track. Never had the old girl going that fast for that long. I'd need another day there to get my head into it.

My cornerspeed sucks too. Maybe I should just race flat track.....

I will say Kyle at BCM did a bang up job on the new map. Damn it ran nice, and pulled like a friggin tractor all the way up the tach.

Joel Taylor
    LRRS/CCS #719