Just wanted to share that I had the chance to visit NCCAR in Garysburg NC for a track day with motorcycle xcitement. I had a lot of fun and would recommend the track. The straight is very long and you can easily hit 150+ on it. That straight goes into a very gradual turn that you can probably drop into at 100mph but I was doing it at 80mph. Generally it's pretty flat and you can see everything, the turns are mostly smooth and can be taken at great speed accept the last hairpin before the straight. Its a new track so pavement is fresh and smooth. It's not super challenging or technical, but I had a lot of fun at it. The big loop turn you feel like your just leaned over forever and you can actually gain quite a bit of speed in that turn. It feels similar to NYST if you flattened it out and didn't have any chicanes. If you look at the pictures it may look like a tight go kart track, but it's actually very large so it's actually a very fast track(2 mile track 1/4 mile straight). There are more plans to add a lot more parts and turns to the track and a lot of different configurations so it should offer a lot of fun and variation in the future.

I did the event with motorcycle xcitement. At first I was a bit disappointed that they didn't really have any kind of classroom offerings for beginners and didn't even include a follow the leader session for the first session to acclimate you with the track. They do however offer you all of the coaches/control riders for instruction so instead I hooked up with one of the coaches to give me a personal follow the leader on the first session and made use of various coaches throughout the day. I got the line and the groove at a medium pace down by mid afternoon and learned I still need to work on BP and looking into the corner as well as widening my field to include peripheral. I worked on these things for the last few sessions.