Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nefarious is a douche.

Nefarious is a douche.

Originally posted by highsider
    You lean it over about as far as I do.

Actually, I'm thinking pretty seriously about trading it in for one of those DRZ400SM rige.
    Is that the factory suzuki supermoto? If so, that bike is a heavy pig with all it's street gear and will give you no where near the feel that my bike gave you. Not saying it's a bad bike or anything, just don't expect the same handling as the bike you rode down at VIR, mine is 80lbs lighter

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Littering and........

Nefarious is a douche.

Originally posted by R7
    Is that the factory suzuki supermoto? If so, that bike is a heavy pig with all it's street gear and will give you no where near the feel that my bike gave you. Not saying it's a bad bike or anything, just don't expect the same handling as the bike you rode down at VIR, mine is 80lbs lighter
    You forget that I am a heavy pig.

I figure it'll be col to have a sort of on/off road rig that will be fun at Loudon, which is the track I ride most often. Land/Air Suzuki here in Vermont has a black one coming in for June, but we'll see what kind of deal they put together with the R1 for a trade-in.

Nefarious is a douche.

I'm not sure what they cost new, do they come with both sets of wheels? And i "think" you're in one of the easiest states in the country to convert a dirtbike into a street legal ride

For comparison, a build your own brandy new tard with some shopping around will cost about $7k (and you'll still have a complete set of dirty wheels). If you use a full on MX bike (by far the most fun to have), add another $500 to that for some lighting coil upgrades
    If you want to build one and need some help let me know, i've done 4 of them so far and have a good idea on what's needed

The latest KTM is a fun and great bike, and was a good value but i'm not real happy with quite a few things about it. Most important is the maintainance time required and ease of doing it. On top of that, don't plan on going to the dealer and ordering parts, then expect them to come in when they say.... EVERYTHING i've ordered with the KTM name on it has been backordered for at least 2 weeks at a time

If (when) I build another one for the street, it will be a YZ 450 without any second thoughts

Yamaha

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Nefarious is a douche.

Originally posted by highsider
    Perhaps, although I happen to think the contributor to this thread who got ride home with purple fingers was "owned" a bit more, wouldn't you agree?
    no

Bras cause cancer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12