Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NHMS June 15 anyone?

Silver Bullet Commuter fjrrider RI's Avatar

NHMS June 15 anyone?

Just want to know who signed up from NESR and what group you are in and if any riders are from RI? Anyone staying near Laconia for the week? It's a first td for me. What do I do about my mirriors? I will be using the bike on the road until track day so a quick change over will be necessary (tape over all clear plastic). Do I have to remove the whole rear plate holder with light? Guess I am getting a bit nervous

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha lover

Re: NHS June 15 anyone?

The mirrors can just get tape once you get there... or borrow some tools and pop them off (one less thing to worry about).

We don't require tape on plastic lights/lenses, so don't sweat that.

The hardest thing I suppose is a hose clamp on external oil filters. Everything else is a breeze. If not comfy doing it, just bring the hose clamp.

As for the license plate holder, that depends on the unit. The big, plastic ones are fine to leave on. The fender eliminator type, which is more like a thin blade of metal, we like to see removed or otherwise "cushioned".

Welcome..

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

I'll be there. As a matter of fact, I'll be your new rider program instructor for the AM.

Some people ride to track days and have their bike ready for tech within 20 minutes. Checkout the bike requirements on the TTD web site.

You can also post questions here.

It's best to trailer/truck your bike thought since you'll be tired at the end of the day. Not doing the second day? I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Ken C; 04-13-10 at 02:48 PM.

Like Tony said, getting the bike ready is a snap. Plenty of people around willing to give you a hand if you need it. I'll be the guy chained to the tire machine, feel free to come over and say hi! Also, don't worry, that nervousness will turn quickly to excitement, as soon as you hear bikes on the track.

As for that week, if you're thinking of coming up and spending part of the week in Laconia, come by the track for the races the weekend before the trackday! If you do that, swing by the Pirelli garage and say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Like Tony said, getting the bike ready is a snap. Plenty of people around willing to give you a hand if you need it. I'll be the guy chained to the tire machine, feel free to come over and say hi! Also, don't worry, that nervousness will turn quickly to excitement, as soon as you hear bikes on the track.

As for that week, if you're thinking of coming up and spending part of the week in Laconia, come by the track for the races the weekend before the trackday! If you do that, swing by the Pirelli garage and say hi!
    I will be up on the 11th as a friend is on the track that day and I am camping at gunstock till 15. Might be some good eye candy available as it is the beginning of bike week. See you at the races saturday.

Yamaha lover

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    Do you mean a Tonys Track Day at NHMS?

If so, the mirrors can just get tape once you get there... or borrow some tools and pop them off (one less thing to worry about).

We don't require tape on plastic lights/lenses, so don't sweat that.

The hardest thing I suppose is a hose clamp on external oil filters. Everything else is a breeze. If not comfy doing it, just bring the hose clamp.

As for the license plate holder, that depends on the unit. The big, plastic ones are fine to leave on. The fender eliminator type, which is more like a thin blade of metal, we like to see removed or otherwise "cushioned".

Welcome..
    Thanks for the info on not having to tape up all the plastic lenses and the rear plastic will be ok then just remove plate and tap/remove the mirrors. Luck will have it that the 500 mile check up is this friday and I can have them clamp and wire the filter while the lower fairing is off. yep sounds easy.

Yamaha lover

congrats on your 1st TD. you'll really enjoy yourself

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: NHMS June 15 anyone?

I'll be up there on both the 15th and 16th. You'll have a great time. We'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn on Monday and Tuesday nights, which is about 10 miles from the track.

Like the others said prep is a breeze. The only wiring required is the oil filter. I'm in Blackstone, MA and have wire and pliers if you need them. All you'd need is a hose clamp large enough to go around the filter.

The rest is simple. Taping the lights (if they're glass) taping or removing the mirrors. What I ended up doing at my first pair of days w/ a streetbike was pull the brake light bulb, unplug the headlights, and remove the license plate.

Pretty easy.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by fjrrider RI View Post
    I will be up on the 11th as a friend is on the track that day and I am camping at gunstock till 15. Might be some good eye candy available as it is the beginning of bike week. See you at the races saturday.
    Cool, seeya then!

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    What I ended up doing at my first pair of days w/ a streetbike was pull the brake light bulb,
    Pretty easy.
    Good catch. I forgot to mention the brake light.

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    I'll be up there on both the 15th and 16th. You'll have a great time. We'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn on Monday and Tuesday nights, which is about 10 miles from the track.

Like the others said prep is a breeze. The only wiring required is the oil filter. I'm in Blackstone, MA and have wire and pliers if you need them. All you'd need is a hose clamp large enough to go around the filter.

The rest is simple. Taping the lights (if they're glass) taping or removing the mirrors. What I ended up doing at my first pair of days w/ a streetbike was pull the brake light bulb, unplug the headlights, and remove the license plate.

Pretty easy.
    Keena and I will be up there on the same two nights at the Red Roof Inn... We should hook up for dinner.

As another dinner option, there's usually a ton of people who hang at the track the night in between, what with the track walk and such. I'll have a grill up there, so anyone who wants to bring some food and cook out is more than welcome to do so!

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

That is an option too- depends on weather. We will be up there early on Monday night to get some space inside and to secure our bikes for the overnight stay.

We are doing both days up there

I might get the time off to be there as well! I'm getting my affairs in order to escape, but I won't know until the end of May. (fingers and toes crossed)

In case anyone missed the email...

June 15th has openings for the Beginner and Advanced groups only - Intermediate is full.

June 16th has openings for all groups.

We are definitely having Lunch for both days (cost is $10 per day, guests or riders).

I am trying to organize something for dinner between the two days. Most likely, we'll have a few grills going and people can bring their own food over.

Dinner will start as soon as the track walk is done... which starts at 5:30 and generally takes about an hour.

I think our dates are pretty far away from other BOMO days, so all BOMO peeps are welcome! (No better way to way to put crap behind us than some great riding and some beers)

Last edited by TTD; 05-27-10 at 04:45 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Word see you there!!! Can't wait 6 days at the track

Come find a neon gree shirt with STAFF on the back as soon as you get there amd we'll make sure your bike is ready!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    Word see you there!!! Can't wait 6 days at the track

Come find a neon gree shirt with STAFF on the back as soon as you get there amd we'll make sure your bike is ready!!!

KB
    10 days for a bunch of us:-)...

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"