Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

best way to get to NJMP from RI

Re: best way to get to NJMP from RI

Pete, thought you had your bike loaded up on the hitch carrier, so no trailer... Sounds like you changed plans & pulled a trailer down Merrit Parkway - Route 15. I had a similar incident with my Passenger Plated E-350 Window Van towing a 6x12 Enclosed trailer down Saw Mill Parkway in NY a couple years ago. Got pulled over & issued a Warning, but told that I had to get off Parkway immediately and snake my way down to Tappan Zee Bridge through lots of windy back roads. Added about 45 minutes to my trip to NJMP. Those signs deceiving when they say Passenger Cars Only. No mention that Trailers are also Not allowed, but enforced regardless.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

He did not have a trailer.

To make matters more exciting, NH does not issue commercial plates for vehicles less than 18,000 lbs. So I have a cargo van with commercial lettering - but passenger plates. I've stayed off 15, believe I did travel the N section of GSP.

BTW many Garmin GPS have a "Commercial Vehicle" setting and will route you accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post

No mention of trailers.
    I've been stopped before with a trailer and passenger plates. At the time, I was told once you hook a trailer to a vehicle, it becomes a "truck" whether it's commercial plates or not. Probably a grey area, but if you get away with it, you're probably lucky. The signs in Mass on I-95/128 are a perfect example, they say no Trucks in the left lane (or left 2 lanes if there are 4 lanes)...my ticket was on 128/95 in mass, in the 3rd lane to the left of 4 lanes with a trailer. Cross over into Maine, and the signs are more detailed for those that don't understand... No Trucks, buses, campers, trailers in the left lane

Yamaha

Lifer

Crap... I've hit the far left lane bunches of times with a trailer in tow.. probably in Maine too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12