Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NYST 7/6-7

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

NYST 7/6-7

Paul and I rode NYST this past saturday and sunday. Fun track little bumps here and there. I cant wait to see more progress to the track! Track was tricky but by afternoon on the first day I had the lines down much better! some of the turns i think are more intense they are.. turn one got both paul and i (uptown) you come off a straight away and its up hill and slightly a "blind" corner into one. even though there is soo much pavement its pretty flat so it appears to have no room for run off (large drop into woods) the chicanes had fast straighter lines through them ( nothing like the nhms chicane ) which were a blast! Paul took a nice ride off the track but managed to keep his bike up right with the drop off and safely get back on the track! Paul had a great time, he was hauling and learning how to pass! NYST was a blast we rode with NESBA, and they ran a great track day. i just need to work on my entry speed into turns more but that started to pick up the more i got comfortable at NYST. NYST even held a bonfire and we got to meet the owners, which were very pleasant. the shower facility and bathrooms were nice for the womens side ( cant speak for the guys) the track has so much potential! here are a few shots from my GoPro

there are some bumps in three and if you hit just the right line the bumps are minimized for the mostpart. coming up over wheelie hill was definitely interesting! some front end shake and lift but still fun!
    turn 12 down hill to the right!! LOVED!!!! I just wish 13 (left hander) was designed to dip in ( like the bowl at nhms)

anyways im sad its monday and wish i were back at the track

NYST 7/6-7-jackie-1-jpgNYST 7/6-7-jackie-2pm-pngNYST 7/6-7-jackie-4-jpgNYST 7/6-7-jackie-pm-jpgNYST 7/6-7-jackie-5-jpgNYST 7/6-7-screen-shot-2013-07-08-aNYST 7/6-7-screen-shot-2013-07-08-aNYST 7/6-7-screen-shot-2013-07-08-aNYST 7/6-7-paul-pass-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Sportygurl131; 07-08-13 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Re: NYST 7/6-7

but what did you bake for the track day?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Faceplant View Post
    but what did you bake for the track day?
    i didnt bake --- ill save that for the bomo day

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    i didnt bake
    well this thread just lost my interest

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

thats why i hang a WIDE entry into 3 and apex it at the CW station. then you only hit one bump.
    11 and 12 are fun. you can carry lots of speed through 11 and brake late for 12. theres only 1 heavy braking zone in uptown and thats into turn 1. the rest you just kinda scrub speed.
    going downtown there is at least 2 if not 3.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Super jealous. I'm dying to get up there and every time someone posts about the track it gets worse. It's great to hear you had a good time!

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

sounded like a good time!

been hearing too many mix reviews of this place and really wanted to check it out since its closer than Jersey. sighs.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

the Bullseye are new

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    thats why i hang a WIDE entry into 3 and apex it at the CW station. then you only hit one bump.
    11 and 12 are fun. you can carry lots of speed through 11 and brake late for 12. theres only 1 heavy braking zone in uptown and thats into turn 1. the rest you just kinda scrub speed.
    yes if i hit the sweet spot with the wide entry into 3 and hit the 2nd apex target there was only one bump... and hell ya heavy breaking into one lol

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Super jealous. I'm dying to get up there and every time someone posts about the track it gets worse. It's great to hear you had a good time!
    its a fun track, i heard multiple people say they struggled with looking through blind turns and some distractions off track. I didnt really notice these distractions like there is a pond near turn 15, and big trees nears some of the turns, i was just focused more so on my lines and looking through the turns to notice most of that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    the Bullseye are new
    yes the targets are new and i actually really liked them!

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    This was my experience too. I went here for my first track day ever and figured I wasnt braking much because I just wasnt experienced enough to go fast enough to brake.. Then I went to NHMS and did tons of hard braking. NYST is also more tiring. Seems like your leaned over the whole time.

Thanks for the well written report. Nice!