Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

NYST groupon

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: NYST groupon

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I had my two days two weeks ago. Tons of people from Team Pro Motion on the same days and we were forced to run 4 groups at 15 minute intervals and that sucked hard. If you were unlucky in the pits and one of the last groups let onto the track you lost a couple minutes to that. A lap to warm up the tires, you could barely get started and you get flagged to come in. If someone went down, forget it, that session had no chance of getting back out. I will never do another "member" day again. I'd consider going back with Tony's or Fishtail, but I didn't love how those guys handled the member day.
    How is it a member day if it was flooded with TPM folks? Member day we went to was light, there was tons of room out there and TONS of track time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

The track has been mixing member days with "rented" days. They had members at our first two events there this year.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I had my two days two weeks ago. Tons of people from Team Pro Motion on the same days and we were forced to run 4 groups at 15 minute intervals and that sucked hard. If you were unlucky in the pits and one of the last groups let onto the track you lost a couple minutes to that. A lap to warm up the tires, you could barely get started and you get flagged to come in. If someone went down, forget it, that session had no chance of getting back out. I will never do another "member" day again. I'd consider going back with Tony's or Fishtail, but I didn't love how those guys handled the member day.
    Curious - have you never been to a track day where they run 4 groups in 15 minute rotations? If someone is unfortunate enough to go down in your session, yes, you lose time. That's just the simple truth of how track riding works. Everywhere. They do that so they can go get the pour guy (or you, or me) off the track and make sure he is OK.

Yes, it's not a true "member" day, but not very dissimilar from any other large track day. And I have been there on weekends that turned out to be true member days as well. Bottom line: On the whole, it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Besides, I am not sure if you did the groupon or not, but if you did, you paid $115 per day. I'd be a little bit less sour if I were you.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 07-31-14 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    The track has been mixing member days with "rented" days. They had members at our first two events there this year.
    That's not cool.. it states right on their site that member days are limited for just this reason..

"The Member Track Days will be completely different from your regular 150 person track day.
    We limit the day to 2 motorcycle groups with 20 people in each and one car group with 12 people. This means more room in the paddock, more room on the track, and more track time"

They are letting members in on the rented days... Not the other way around.

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Anyone know what kind of tires/service NYST has available on member days..if any? Redeeming a groupon this weekend.

There is a guy there that sells Pirellis , Might want to check on availability?

Or if you did want Pirelli's we could also get you some tires to bring to make sure you had them. (www.gomtag.com)

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Used my Groupon, this past weekend, and had an excellent two days. I called on Thursday, and they redeemed my voucher without hesitation. Weather was perfect, track time was plentiful, and the sessions weren't crowded at all. The track could use better run-off, but I just keep that in mind, when riding there, and don't push as hard as I would at a real racetrack.

Glad to have a great place so close to me.

-Jon

'14 Aprilia Tuono - crack on 2 wheels, '14 Ninja 300, '04 BMW M3

Awesome dude

I'm headed there this weekend. Anyone else going? What's the pit area like? I'll be camping too

xxaarraa

I'll be there. I expect a crowded pit area due to 'swap meet'

I'll be there as well, might be looking to buy a toy =)

LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I'm headed there this weekend. Anyone else going? What's the pit area like? I'll be camping too
    Usually plenty of room, it's sloped, so you have to be strategic about parking your bike on a stand. No electricity in the paddock, so bring a generator if your running warmers or need electricity for anything else. Bring gas with you. Tires should have a fair amount of tread still.

Have fun.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

So pit area is concrete, not dirt/gravel? Enough room for a tent nearby in grass or is camping elsewear? Just trying to figure out logistics as I'll be bringing the pup

Pit area is asphalt, enough room to tent, get there early as possible as a lot of the grass areas are sloped, prime spots go quick. Dogs are fine also, Mr Humps had a pretty good time.
    NYST groupon-imageuploadedbytapatalk1410389882-817017-jpg

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

See the building in the bottom right? That's a hanger that has been converted to garage space (semi private? rented? I dunno.), bathrooms, and classroom space. You enter on the road to the left going out of the frame to the bottom of the picture. The paved rectangle behind the hanger is where most of the pit space is. There is limited pit space before the hanger. Then you go down a hill to that rectangle. You park nose in around the perimeter of the rectangle or inside the rectangle. I've been told on busy weekends you are directed to a spot. I always got to pick. The rectangle and perimeter is all crushed stone, not grass as pictured. You park on the crushed rock but there is a section of pavement in front of your space for a bike on stands. As noted, most of the spots are not level. So you need to get creative with the stands and such.

Outside the gravel perimeter, up the hill towards the hanger, and towards the track is all grass area suitable for a tent.

It is a bit of a walk back up the hill to the hanger if you have to take a leak. If you have a bicycle, it isn't a bad idea.

Lifer

The church looking building behind the grove of trees beyond the rectangle doesn't exist in real life. Nor does the hanger pictured off track on the first corner (T1) at the top of the straight.

And there are no spots behind the hanger as that picture indicates.

Last edited by nhbubba; 09-10-14 at 07:24 PM.

???? The pit is asphalt?
    You mean by the building?
    The 2nd pit as they call it, down the hill is asphalt road around gravel.

Sorry.. hahaha. I wasn't on the last page..
    Ya like nhbubba said

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234