Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Oct 4, 5 - Last NH trackdays

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Re: Oct 4, 5 - Last NH trackdays

Thanks so much Tony for letting Dan and I ride yesterday! One last hurrah at Loudon for me... I had a great time, and it was good to work on a couple of things that I wanted to improve after the weekend. I had to sit out a couple of sessions because I was exhausted but was glad I stayed at the track for a 6th day

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Quote Originally Posted by Femmekat View Post
    Thanks so much Tony for letting Dan and I ride yesterday! One last hurrah at Loudon for me... I had a great time:
    You're very welcome. I am surprised at how many cancellations we had.

We're having another perfect day right now. Dry as a bone and everyone is keeping it upright now... after a not so stellar warm up session.

I guess I need to learn another way to say - "the track is cold - warm up your tires carefully"

Oh well, time to put the leathers on and get in a few sessions.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Another excellent day yesterday. I skipped the last two sessions as I was beat but still had a lot of laps in. Hope the rain cuts you some slack today!

Took some helmet cam video[/url] of one of the yellow sessions. The camera (on the left side of my helmet) is aimed a touch too high and my head movements (like the rest of my movements on the bike, it seems) are a little wobbly so it's not great. The sound track is annoying wind noise.

Bikes pass me at 4:00, 4:40, and two at 5:12 so if you were there you might appear: fairly briefly as all four of you motored away from me quite rapidly. Sure seems faster when you are out there!

YouTube - Track Day NHMS 10/5/10 - SV650

Last edited by Garandman; 10-06-10 at 08:26 AM.

Any news on the person that went down in turn 1 yesterday in the blue group? My thoughts are with whoever it was and I hope they are okay.

The weather on Tuesday was great and I think everyone was quite surprised. I was eager to get out there and enjoy my first of two days with Tony's. Unfortunately, I never even got to get on the track in any sessions. Seems like my bike was only running on 3cyls shortly after I unloaded it at 7:00.

I worked on it from 9:00 till 2:00 with no luck getting it fixed. All coils are firing, and all plugs have spark. I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a faulty injector. Not what you'd expect from a brand new bike with less than 2k on it.

Anyhow, it looked like everyone else was having a blast, and I want to extend my thanks to everyone that stopped by in the pits to give me a hand.

Not the way I intended to end my season, but these things happen I guess.

Going to do some more diag before it goes back to the stealership under warranty. Tony, I'll be in touch via email. Good luck to everyone else today, ride safe. WISH I COULD BE THERE!!

Last edited by Fastsc92; 10-06-10 at 09:37 AM.
    Jay
    2009 R6

I want to thank everyone for the incredible experience I had on monday. From Tony, down to his
    staff and even the other riders that are willing to help/giver advice, etc. It was unbelievable.

I really wish I could have done more than one day, but Ill just have to save my pennies and
    vacation days for next season.

I also wish my bike had a bit more gitty-up for the straights. My only 'complaint' was that i found
    myself often wanting to go faster than someone who was in front of me and constantly having to
    hit the brakes hard because I was planning on carrying more speed through a corner than them.

I would then try and carry enough speed through the corner leading into one of the passing straights,
    but the bike just didnt have enough juice and before I could get into view of the rider in front of me,
    they twisted the throttle and took-off on their much more powerful bike... only for me to catch up
    again in the corners.

Not a huge deal, it was just a little frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    If you survive the night, drop in garage 10 and say hi. I'm the one with two bikes with a combined displacement of 375cc.
    Did you have a son on the 125? I couldn't believe how well those little things hauled around the track, as we were constantly back in forth if pitting out at the same time.

It was great to see everyone up there and I'm just finally putting faces to bikes as I see pictures come out, I'll definitely get to know everyone in the coming year as I get into this more often.

Tony, thanks for another excellent day out there, hopefully today goes well for everyone and the rain isn't too bad.

Last edited by clyons; 10-06-10 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl998 View Post
    Any news on the person that went down in turn 1 yesterday in the blue group? My thoughts are with whoever it was and I hope they are okay.
    I accompanied his friend to the Medical Center and he was doing ok. He had a shoulder injury of some sort.

Glad to hear he's okay. It's a little scary to see someone down on the track that long. Best wishes to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    I accompanied his friend to the Medical Center and he was doing ok. He had a shoulder injury of some sort.
    Any idea what caused it. He was down pretty early in 1. Did he have a brake issue?

Glad to hear he is OK

Tuesday was a great day on the track.
    The 125s do get around there pretty well. I followed one of them for most of a session and picked some nice lines for low powered bikes.

Today was not as nice. The first 2 sessions were dry for blue then it got wet. Fun none the less. And we made it home before dark.

See you next year.

Rada

Last edited by Rada; 10-06-10 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Any idea what caused it. He was down pretty early in 1. Did he have a brake issue?

Rada
    He said he had brand new brake pads that bit more than he expected... and cold tires.

Rada, what were you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by clyons View Post
    Did you have a son on the 125? I couldn't believe how well those little things hauled around the track, as we were constantly back in forth if pitting out at the same time.

It was great to see everyone up there and I'm just finally putting faces to bikes as I see pictures come out, I'll definitely get to know everyone in the coming year as I get into this more often.

Tony, thanks for another excellent day out there, hopefully today goes well for everyone and the rain isn't too bad.
    That was Jake and his dad Jeff you are thinking about, both on 125s. I was the other one on a 125 (until I slightly damaged the piston).

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Rada, what were you riding?
    Blue 05 SV650S

That makes sense ken. Thanks

That was Jake and his dad Jeff you are thinking about, both on 125s. I was the other one on a 125 (until I slightly damaged the piston).
    Hey Roland Jim here, you know the rashed yellow gixxer. LOL!! Post up some pics of that lump of a piston.
    It was very nice to meet you!

K8 GSXR 600

Did we meet and I didn't realize it was you? We could have chatted quite a bit about the EX250 and small bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    I also wish my bike had a bit more gitty-up for the straights. My only 'complaint' was that i found
    myself often wanting to go faster than someone who was in front of me and constantly having to
    hit the brakes hard because I was planning on carrying more speed through a corner than them.

I would then try and carry enough speed through the corner leading into one of the passing straights,
    but the bike just didnt have enough juice and before I could get into view of the rider in front of me,
    they twisted the throttle and took-off on their much more powerful bike... only for me to catch up
    again in the corners.

Not a huge deal, it was just a little frustrating.
    Here are a couple of options for you:

1- Get a more powerful bike. Not necessarily bigger. I opted for a lighter, more powerful bike (but I didn't abandon the EX250!)

and/or

2- Refine your skills so you can better plan and safely execute passes within the rules (if any) of the organization you are riding with. This is something I have been working on for years and will be working on the rest of my riding career. It will not eliminate the problem, but seeing those slow big bikes as challenges rather than obstacles will help make you better appreciate the accomplishment when you cleanly execute a pass on them.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
    Post up some pics of that lump of a piston.
    It was very nice to meet you!
    Nice meeting you too. Ask and you shall receive! (Thanks to Jeff for the photos)

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Oh noes! Bing diddling ding ding cough cough!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

oh man rolker, thats probably why I didn't see it moving owards the end of the day. That must have made one hell of a sound when it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Yup, wide open throttle going into the bowl!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

oh man rolker, thats probably why I didn't see it moving owards the end of the day. That must have made one hell of a sound when it happened...
    Yeah, the RS125 wasn't moving anymore but the EX250 was!

The abrupt change from the happy 12k rpm buzz to metal being ripped apart was dramatic, but not as dramatic as the nose dive the bike took from being under power to suddenly having engine braking for the first time in its life!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Did we meet and I didn't realize it was you? We could have chatted quite a bit about the EX250 and small bikes.

Here are a couple of options for you:

1- Get a more powerful bike. Not necessarily bigger. I opted for a lighter, more powerful bike (but I didn't abandon the EX250!)
    and/or
    2- Refine your skills so you can better plan and safely execute passes within the rules (if any) of the organization you are riding with. This is something I have been working on for years and will be working on the rest of my riding career. It will not eliminate the problem, but seeing those slow big bikes as challenges rather than obstacles will help make you better appreciate the accomplishment when you cleanly execute a pass on them.
    I dont think we spoke, unfortunately. We might have, though. Im awful with names... I was only there on Monday. I was in the front garage, right next to MellowYellow (Jim).

I dont want to give up on the 250. I still think that learning to ride that 'flat out', as they say, and really honing my overall riding skill would be the best bet purely from a riding experience/skill standpoint. However, I think for general everyday and/or trackday enjoyment bumping up to a bigger bike is the best bet.

Fortunately, Ive got all winter to think about what Im going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    I dont think we spoke, unfortunately. We might have, though. Im awful with names... I was only there on Monday. I was in the front garage, right next to MellowYellow (Jim).

I dont want to give up on the 250. I still think that learning to ride that 'flat out', as they say, and really honing my overall riding skill would be the best bet purely from a riding experience/skill standpoint. However, I think for general everyday and/or trackday enjoyment bumping up to a bigger bike is the best bet.

Fortunately, Ive got all winter to think about what Im going to do.
    Too bad you didn't stick around for the 3 days. After blowing the engine on the 125 yesterday, I took the 250 out and went "flat out" with it all afternoon and went "not so flat out" all day today in the rain. I had forgotten how insanely fun that bike can be!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Too bad you didn't stick around for the 3 days. After blowing the engine on the 125 yesterday, I took the 250 out and went "flat out" with it all afternoon and went "not so flat out" all day today in the rain. I had forgotten how insanely fun that bike can be!
    I wanted to, badly. Unfortunately, I used my last vacation day on monday. Taking unpaid time off isnt exactly an option, lol.

Is your 250 set up for the track or for the street?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I was behind little Miller for one warmup. He was doing the bing dadinging and I was doing the coughing....

That'll buff right out....

Last edited by Garandman; 10-07-10 at 12:45 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast