Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Penguin April 23rd

Re: Penguin April 23rd

A couple last minute questions. When I get to the track on Friday, should I already have my underlayer on? Just curious if there are changing facilities or do I show up ready to jump into my leathers?
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

There are bathrooms and show stalls you can change in. Usually Ill have my under armor on before I go to the track and then just change in the garage.

James

Has anyone done the Penguin track experience day? Not the basic or advanced class. I am wondering how the track day portion works with the street riders.

I was thinking of testing my Vintage race bike tomorrow. The bike is a 175 so speed to keep up with the newer bikes just wont happen. Was also thinking of taking my Ninja 250 along as a back up. I see the track day has passing restrictions that probably wont slow me down any.

I have done the basic course and run a couple races with the USCRA.

Quote Originally Posted by gene03079 View Post
    Has anyone done the Penguin track experience day? Not the basic or advanced class. I am wondering how the track day portion works with the street riders.

I was thinking of testing my Vintage race bike tomorrow. The bike is a 175 so speed to keep up with the newer bikes just wont happen. Was also thinking of taking my Ninja 250 along as a back up. I see the track day has passing restrictions that probably wont slow me down any.

I have done the basic course and run a couple races with the USCRA.
    Hey Gene,

The Level 1a Track Experience class is brand new for 2010, so no one has done it yet! It's a class designed for folks that aren't interested in racing but further developing their skillset. Skill range can be from total new guy to experienced. The Penguin Sportbike School's goal is to improve your abilities and teach you new techniques to get more out of your riding and motorcycle.

There is also the Level 2 Advanced class which is the next step for folks who've done the Level 1 classes. The Advanced class is also not just for racers. Any further questions give Cathy Curtin a call at 978-400-8204

Last edited by a13x; 04-22-10 at 12:29 PM.
    Boston --> San Diego

Alex

Thanks for the help. With the class being new maybe not many people will be in the class.

Alright! Just got back from Penguin. Overall a good time although lots of red flags, so we got less track time than I would have liked. Great staff and the community therein was really helpful. Big thanks to Rambunctous for letting me use garage space and for generally awesome hospitality! I'll be seeing more of you guys there from now on!

I did the Track Experience Friday.

This was a great time. We had 5 riders in the class of all skill levels. It was a blast all day with loads of track time and only one yellow the whole day.

Scott Greenwood was our instructor for the day with Alex working along with us. These guys spend time in the class room between sessions going over every portion of the track. With such a small group they were able to give us each feedback on our body position on track and really worked at getting us moving. By the afternoon sessions I was feeling good on the track with a better understanding of each turn. My body and foot position had changed and the turns were coming easier. My lap times have taken a big drop with the new knowledge.

I have only been on the track a couple times and have a lot to learn. Penguin has a well run program that had me comfortable on the track. I plan on attending again this year. I want to get in again before Penguin figures out a day riding and learning from some of the best riders around is worth way more than the price they are charging.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by gene03079 View Post
    I did the Track Experience Friday.

This was a great time. We had 5 riders in the class of all skill levels. It was a blast all day with loads of track time and only one yellow the whole day.

Scott Greenwood was our instructor for the day with Alex working along with us. These guys spend time in the class room between sessions going over every portion of the track. With such a small group they were able to give us each feedback on our body position on track and really worked at getting us moving. By the afternoon sessions I was feeling good on the track with a better understanding of each turn. My body and foot position had changed and the turns were coming easier. My lap times have taken a big drop with the new knowledge.

I have only been on the track a couple times and have a lot to learn. Penguin has a well run program that had me comfortable on the track. I plan on attending again this year. I want to get in again before Penguin figures out a day riding and learning from some of the best riders around is worth way more than the price they are charging.

Gene
    Thanks for the feedback Gene. Pleasure working with you. With my new move to the West Coast I will sorely miss the School.

Boston --> San Diego

Gene,

Not sure how I missed your post. Thank you for the positive feedback from the Penguin Track Experience. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day and were able to see and feel improvements in your riding by days end.

Look forward to seeing you at future events. Good luck in your racing this year as well.

Scott Greenwood

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234