Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Did my Penguin Basic School Today

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Re: Did my Penguin Basic School Today

So your telling me I could not beat lorenzo from my bedroom to my bathroom in the middle of the night in the dark?

He has never walked through my house in the day or night so he would crash and I would win.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Should be fun seeing you Bin that R6....
    Ya, that would be awesome right!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSearchVT View Post
    The old saying has always held true - regardless of the sport.

"When the gate drops - the B.S. stops..."

Most of the time - fast riders don't need to say much. A picture may be worth a thousand words - but a picture of you on the podium with a trophy says a lot more!
    Like I said, I didn't come on here challenging anyone. I take some of these comments as challenges, and I'm responding that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    During the advanced school Eric never said it but he hinted.

Plus most of us have SEEN how GOOD of a rider they are. There is no need to say it.

Brian is just super confident when we usually see humbleness. Cocky I have yet to meet the guy.
    I'm definitely not cocky in person. Anytime I've been cocky on here it's because I'm joking or pissed off at a stupid comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    its comments like this that really show you don't know what you're talking about. and you just keep digging your hole deeper. if you don't show up next year to back up the talk you're gonna get even more shit.
    Really? I don't know, but if I can hit 130 in the pouring rain, braking early, and not even shifting into 5th, I don't think it's a stretch to hit 140. Is it me or you who doesn't know what he's talking about? Or maybe you ride a real slow bike or have no balls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    I would totally beat Lorenzo around Louden any day. I've done thousands of laps easily and he's never even seen it. i'd probably lap him a bunch of times.

Well, if Brian would give me some riding advice.
    Well, you prove my point, that just because someone doesn't have alot of time on a track, doesn't mean he's going to be slow there. Seriously now, I've had enough of the stupidity. You honestly think that there is something magical or different in the corners at Loudon? I just rode the track, and I can tell you that I won't be going any slower there just because it's Loudon. You must believe really strongly that going fast around that track is super hard or almost impossible. If you limit yourself like that, you'll never hit your goals. There's your advice coming from someone who's been pretty successful in alot of things that took the same if not more commitment than riding Loudon. I don't know what all this heckling is supposed to achieve, but I've never seen anything like it. It must come from some serious insecurity or something. If you met me in person, you wouldn't talk shit to me. If you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm a serious person, with serious accomplishments that I've earned thru hard work and confidence in myself. Riding a motorcycle fast at Loudon is something I said would take some work, but being a good rider anywhere is something I've already accomplished. Keep trying to tell me otherwise, it doesn't matter what you think. Everything you say is based on nothing. You don't know me.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Lifer

Can I have some riding tips now?

This has been my favorite post of yours to-date:

Let us know what you look like so we can watch you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    Just look for the really good-looking guy that makes it look easy

Lets post up odds

50% the dude never shows up to race
    35% the dude shows up to race once and is laughed off the track
    14.9% the dude puts in a lot of race time and becomes halfway decent
    0.1% the dude is immediately as good as he thinks he is

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I'm definitely not cocky in person. Anytime I've been cocky on here it's because I'm joking or pissed off at a stupid comment..
    Don't get pissed at ANYTHING you read on the internet. ESPECIALLY coming from the bunch of ball busters on this site!

Well, you prove my point, that just because someone doesn't have alot of time on a track, doesn't mean he's going to be slow there. .
    Nope but he sure as hell isn't going to be all that fast. He might THINK he is fast but he is still a novice and has race craft to learn. I dare say even the fast experts learn a thing or 2 every race. (Being a SLOW expert I learn about 20 things each race)

Seriously now, I've had enough of the stupidity. You must believe really strongly that going fast around that track is super hard or almost impossible. If you limit yourself like that, you'll never hit your goals. I don't know what all this heckling is supposed to achieve, but I've never seen anything like it. It must come from some serious insecurity or something. .
    I think we believe that running well at Loudon means running below a 1:20. To be considered FAST on a MWSB 600 you need to be in the 15's (I think). You want us ALL to think you are fast? Do a 1:10. You see it is all about perspective. When I started 4 years ago being a novice didn't mean shit and being an Amatuer wasn't much better. It was explained to me that you were not a racer until you were an expert at Loudon (then it was further explained that until you went PRO you really weren't much more than a club racer)

You may be a good rider Brian and you may be fast but some of the people in this thread are 1. Better 2. Faster and 3. Have seen people make these claims before and not have the ability to back it up. Hence the animosity and Ball Busting.

If you met me in person, you wouldn't talk shit to me..
    Oh yes I do believe some of us would.

... being a good rider anywhere is something I've already accomplished.
    You may THINK you are a good rider but there is always room for improvement. I too think I am a pretty good rider but I wouldn't put myself in the top 50% of the people I have raced with on this forum. I race ULSB and I finish Top 10. I suck

Last edited by Doc; 10-05-10 at 03:39 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'm gonna go with the 14.9, richie. I actually met the kid and loaned him my leathers. He did actually do penguin, and i suspect, from my limited interaction with the dude, that he'll put his head down and twist the throttle. But for my own selfish sake, I hope these shenanigans last till April.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Lets post up odds
    I'll go with this one.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'll take those odds and I'll put $5 into the pot saying he shows up for one race weekend.

BTW, Brian, I thought you said you were topped out in 6th gear on the front straight, now you're saying you were topped out in 4th?

Also, blaming your shifting problems on boots, come on man. that sounds like a lame excuse if i've ever heard one. next thing you know, you're going to say your tampon string haning out causes drag and costs you 2mph on your "i'm faster than lorenzo" loop, which is why he would beat you.

and, my number is 107, I pit out in T1/T1A area. I'd love to meet you and say this all to your face next season. that would give me time to explain to you that on the internet, you have to somewhat literate, and at least a halfway decent writer so that people actually understand what you're trying to say. It seems like you started out fairly innocent, but that you just kept digging yourself deeper and deeper trying to back everything up. hindsight, in my advice, would have been easier to say that you were excited about racing next season and nothing else.

Last edited by jcbell1007; 10-05-10 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Lets post up odds

50% the dude never shows up to race
    35% the dude shows up to race once and is laughed off the track
    0.1% the dude is immediately as good as he thinks he is
    Why is it even a question of how I'm going to do on my first race? I've been saying from my very 1st post that I'm new to racing and it is going to take some time to do fast lap times. It is possible to be a good rider and not do fast lap times at a track you've never raced right? As far as I'm concerned, you guys made all this shit up. All I did was refuse to deny that I'm a pretty good rider.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    I'll take those odds and I'll put $5 into the pot saying he shows up for one race weekend.

BTW, Brian, I thought you said you were topped out in 6th gear on the front straight, now you're saying you were topped out in 4th?

Also, blaming your shifting problems on boots, come on man. that sounds like a lame excuse if i've ever heard one. next thing you know, you're going to say your tampon string haning out causes drag and costs you 2mph on your "i'm faster than lorenzo" loop, which is why he would beat you.

and, my number is 107, I pit out in T1/T1A area. I'd love to meet you and say this all to your face next season.
    I never said I was topped out in 6th gear? I said I hit 6th a couple of times, but had some problems shifting. Fuck waiting for loudon, I'll come kick your ass right now!

LRRS am #121

BAM!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

One thing you'll all learn about me is that I never back down. Now I have to agree this internet thing is getting out of hand, but keep the bullshit coming and I'll keep going. I don't even drink anymore but if I did you'd hear some shit you wouldn't believe. When it comes to being a prick, I can bring it 20 times worse than the best of them. I haven't even got started yet!

LRRS am #121

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

One thing you'll all learn about me is that I never back down. Now I have to agree this internet thing is getting out of hand, but keep the bullshit coming and I'll keep going. I don't even drink anymore but if I did you'd hear some shit you wouldn't believe. When it comes to being a prick, I can bring it 20 times worse than the best of them. I haven't even got started yet!

Win or loose everybody has their fight.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Fuck waiting for loudon, I'll come kick your ass right now!

Do you really think that you're starting your illustrious racing career off on the right foot by threatening to fight some of your future competitors?

Last edited by catamount; 10-05-10 at 04:01 PM.

Fuck waiting for loudon, I'll come kick your ass right now!
    Personal threat? You may not get a chance to humor this forum much longer

Yamaha

Lifer

Well the raw talent of being a prick is definitely there, that's just obvious.

This thread is filled with . In Brian's defense, he did seem like a pretty cool guy cockiness aside. Those tags just get better every time.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    Do you really think that you're starting your illustrious racing career off on the right foot by threatening to fight some of your future competitors?
    Never mind the fact that the guys a cop. Ya know...thin blue line. How you dont see yourself coming off as cocky as fuck is beyond me. Confidence is one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You may THINK you are a good rider but there is always room for improvement. I too think I am a pretty good rider but I wouldn't put myself in the top 50% of the people I have raced with on this forum. I race ULSB and I finish Top 10. I suck
    Doc sucks.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Alright now, in all seriousness. I'm not threatening anyone. This has just gone too far now. I meant on a bike, as in a race. But anyway, seriously lets keep this internet bullshit separate from the racetrack. I don't need some psycho trying to take me out because he's mad that I said I'd go faster than him. Yeah, so I hope the thread has given you some pleasure or reassurance that you are all better than a "pre-novice". No hard ones, I wouldn't say anything rude to any of you in person, and I hope you guys feel the same. My deportment at the race track has nothing to do with this forum, I assure you all. Good luck to all of you next year, I look forward to racing with you.

LRRS am #121

Good luck to all of you next year, I look forward to racing with you.
    Wish I could say the same. Mainly since I prob wont be racing again at the rate Im going.

Anyway, like everyone said, good luck, I hope you do do well, but try to keep yourself humble as well.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I think that is probably the best thing you've said in this thread Brian.

From my rookie season, I found that it is much better to sit in the back, listen and watch, and take it all in rather than talk too much. Ask good questions, keep your head down and try your best, and know, whole heartedly, that being fast on the street does not equal being fast on the track.

Also, just want to add that you can probably go out there and turn some fairly quick times, but if you crash every other race, those times don't mean anything. Instead of trying to go fast out of the gate, go for consistent lap times, and the quickness will come.

Last edited by jcbell1007; 10-05-10 at 05:18 PM.