Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Did my Penguin Basic School Today

Re: Did my Penguin Basic School Today

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I've had my 06' R6 doing 140 in about 8 seconds. I'll guarantee I can do 140 on Loudon's straight in the dry.
    Ok, this just cleared a lot of things up...now we all know the truth

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Look at most of these cats' sigs though. Lrrs am/ex#yaddayadda.

But let's just say, for arguments sake, that 150 down any straight road, or highway means nothing. You just might get dubbed "plymouth's fastest" because it'll amuse everyone that's been watching this, and talking smack on this board for at least this summer. In the end, next April, it'll all come out in the wash. Racing is racing, and all that matters is who wins. Thanks for entertaining us.

Realistically, you cannot expect to jump out there and turn 1:19's on your first weekend.
    No, I wouldn't expect to do anything near 1:19. I'm thinking a lot slower, but my point about these guys is that if I say I had a good day and didn't crash, they say, dude you were def. not going fast, you are going to suck, just wait... . I'm like, yeah whatever, I used to ride with AA(expert) woods racers hauling ass with trees everywhere. I know I don't suck on 2 wheels. I do know I'm not going to go fast on the track without alot of practice. Let's just make that clear, which I thought I already did a couple of times. If people still want to bust balls, go ahead. I think its as funny as you do. I mean seriously, even if I finished mid-pack in a novice race, is that something anybody would brag about? I must be wording things wrong because if these guys think that it is impossible for someone to be a good competitor after riding everything with 2,3, and 4 wheels on and off-road, then I give up. Trust me guys, I'm not taking anything away from your hard work at the track, but it isn't too much of a stretch to believe that I'm going to do good racing.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Ok, this just cleared a lot of things up...now we all know the truth
    I've also done 140 in 2 seconds after I was already going 130... . I don't know why I need to explain this, but this was in reference to a similar drive out of turn 12.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

I'm curious when it becomes a good idea to look at your speedo when traveling at those speeds?

Like I said... just stay humble and enjoy progressing in the sport man. Nobody here is offended or thinks you're knocking hard work at the track... or even knocking your current street riding ability... everyone just knows what you're in for when you start racing. We've been there, and claiming you could beat Lorenzo was an epic pre-realization statement.

Continue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Giggity: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

What a pansy. I rode in 7th gear flat out in the snow with slicks when I did penguin.
    Now that is funny.

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Like I said... just stay humble and enjoy progressing in the sport man. Nobody here is offended or thinks you're knocking hard work at the track... everyone just knows what you're in for when you start racing. We've been there, and claiming you could beat Lorenzo was an epic pre-realization statement.

Continue...
    You don't think I could beat Lorenzo thru a loop I've ridden 100 times and he's ridden never? I don't think he would even ride that loop, but still... . If he did, he'd crash and I'd win.

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    I'm curious when it becomes a good idea to look at your speedo when traveling at those speeds?

That's a skill that only us street riders have. Or maybe only me, but I don't know.

LRRS am #121

That's a skill that only us street riders have. Or maybe only me, but I don't know.
    "Us" street riders?

I didn't ask about the skill, I asked when does it become a good idea to look away from your direction of travel when convering 205 feet per second?

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Calibrated speedometer? I'd be surprised if you would reach a true 140 on the straight yet.
    Good point, but I'm assuming the speedo is somewhat accurate. Quite frankly I don't really care if it isn't. It's still faster than anyone can go on Loudon's straight. Also, Chip, the straight I'm referring to isn't the same one as you are thinking of. I enter the forest from the Wareham side and make my way into Plymouth Center. Comes out sort of by BlackCat Rd. There is alot more than just that straight. There are rises, chicanes, and even a hairpin. I enter off of rt28 in Wareham, and come out over near the Jenny Grist Mill. It is a sick ride. The streets I take to get to 28 are sick too. Over near the Ponds.

LRRS am #121

"Us" street riders?

I didn't ask about the skill, I asked when does it become a good idea to look away from your direction of travel when convering 205 feet per second?
    Who cares? When does it become a good idea to race a motorcycle around a track at high speed with other machinery that could kill you if it hits you or runs you over? I'm not in this for the safe aspect.

LRRS am #121

I didn't ask about the skill
    Earlier point confirmed, it's true. GO!!!

Yamaha

I do not think you'd beat Lorenzo. I think he'd stay right up on your butt the whole way through said loop and pass you at the end like you weren't even moving.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Man you sound fast, you should give me some pointers.

Yes sir, You were the guy that crashed in turn 3 right? Going all about 25 mph?
    Yea, I decided to take a closer inspection of the track surface to formulate a game plan.

You looked pretty decent out there. Seriously.

I did use you as a metric though during the last session (come on, admit it, all us "fast" street guys had one). Over 5 laps on the last session, from my reference point at the top of the hill, you lost the distance of exiting T2 to being in mid T1A.

Man this bench racing thing is such a rush. Now, who's gonna bring up Hitler or the Nazis. Come on Godwin's...................

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Who cares? When does it become a good idea to race a motorcycle around a track at high speed with other machinery that could kill you if it hits you or runs you over? I'm not in this for the safe aspect.
    Not asking out of safety concerns, asking because I'm curious where you think your competitors will be. I'll give you a hint, they won't be anywhere near your dashboard so you may wanna learn to keep your eyes up.

Just a thought...

Good luck on your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I do not think you'd beat Lorenzo. I think he'd stay right up on your butt the whole way through said loop and pass you at the end like you weren't even moving.
    Yeah, prolly true! But if we switched bikes I might win... .

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Man you sound fast, you should give me some pointers.
    Much slower than 1:19 sounds fast to you? Or how about, "I'm going to need to do a lot of work to do fast lap times". Or maybe it was when I said "we were going relatively slow". Notice that anytime I'm talking about what I've done on a track it is about going slow and making progress. This whole, "let's pick everything this guy says apart" thing is getting kind of old. Sorry if I offended anyone, especially the dude who thinks I'm a Nazi. Fuhrer just means "Leader" in the German. I guess the forum brings out the teenager in all of us.

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    Yea, I decided to take a closer inspection of the track surface to formulate a game plan.

You looked pretty decent out there. Seriously.

I did use you as a metric though during the last session (come on, admit it, all us "fast" street guys had one). Over 5 laps on the last session, from my reference point at the top of the hill, you lost the distance of exiting T2 to being in mid T1A.

Man this bench racing thing is such a rush. Now, who's gonna bring up Hitler or the Nazis. Come on Godwin's...................
    Metric? I'm not a Nazi!

LRRS am #121

i read your first thread and said hmm i must of met this guy in plymouth before. after reading this one im glad i def haven't. congrats on romping the state forest let me know how the sand treats ya.

2007 Kawasaki zx6r

Just a joke. Godwin's Law states that the longer a discussion lasts on the Internet, the more likely the chances are of someone making a reference to Hitler or the Nazis. It has nothing to do with your little quote thing.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

I almost believed this was for real, until "BrianC" reasserted his claim that he'd beat the 2010 MotoGP champion in a race, anywhere, under any circumtances.

Quote Originally Posted by crowspeed07 View Post
    i read your first thread and said hmm i must of met this guy in plymouth before. after reading this one im glad i def haven't. congrats on romping the state forest let me know how the sand treats ya.
    Am I really coming across like that much of a dickhead? Sorry dude, guess we can't be friends.

LRRS am #121

Either 666, 213, or 502. Any of those taken?
    666 AM Falcone Chad
    213 NV Kruczkowski Waldemar

502 looks available.

http://www.lrrsracing.com/2010/2010_num_assignments.pdf

What were you wearing when you were going so fast through your "practice"? Since you weren't wearing the TCX's?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

It's still faster than anyone can go on Loudon's straight.
    Come again? 150 is faster than anyone can go on Loudons straight?

BTW, I did 180 2 up at Daytona... I have gone faster than you!

The only issue I have it that you say you are humble and need to work but in the same breath you state how great of a rider you are. I thought i was good too when I first started but I kept my mouth shut because I knew better. I am better than I used to be but not as good as I can be.

Last edited by Doc; 10-04-10 at 08:12 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X