Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

* Penguin Women's TrackDay Recap *

Re: * Penguin Women's TrackDay Recap *

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!! I did two penguin schools this year. One two-day and one 1-day. Awesome experience and the Woods do a phenomenal job. All the instructors were wonderful and full of knowledge. I will be trying to do another school at NJMP next year. That place is incredible.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Get some feedback from paying customers if you care.....you may be surprised to hear what they have to say.

Also, probably not great to post that instructors are ripping hot laps, grabbing at bars and kicking at each other during sessions. Can't imagine that info is good for promoting this type of a day.
    Were you a paying customer at the womens trackday

I think he kinda explained the racing around with friends, no females were taken out in the making of that film

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Get some feedback from paying customers if you care.....you may be surprised to hear what they have to say.

Also, probably not great to post that instructors are ripping hot laps, grabbing at bars and kicking at each other during sessions. Can't imagine that info is good for promoting this type of a day.
    The rules in the Advanced Group at Penguin Trackdays, along with every other trackday org I've run with around the country (over a dozen), allow Inside/Outside passing within a safe margin (6'). If you aren't comfortable with those rules then you can easily ride in the Intermediate Group which is Outside passing only, or the Beginner Group which is No Passing In The Turns. Again this is the Standard Practice for every single trackday group I've ever heard of (with one exception).

I think I covered your last point rather clearly in my initial post.

If you have any other issues please PM me. Thanks.

Last edited by a13x; 10-12-09 at 10:37 PM.
    Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
    Sounds like you had a GREAT time!! I did two penguin schools this year. One two-day and one 1-day. Awesome experience and the Woods do a phenomenal job. All the instructors were wonderful and full of knowledge. I will be trying to do another school at NJMP next year. That place is incredible.

Boston --> San Diego

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Wow. Sounds pretty scary for a track day where half the participants have zero experience
    Actually most of the ladies who participated in the advanced group all had ridden Loudon several times, one was a racer herself (somewhere besides LRRS) and another had ridden NJ, Monticello and many more. In short, these ladies could take care of themselves. The participants with zero experience were kept strictly in the beginner C group.

Last edited by -jro-; 10-12-09 at 10:41 PM.
    USCRA #555 - Formula CB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

jro, a13x, jtaylor good to hear you guys promoting an all female event... I will definitely try to attend next year just based off of the thought of one on one help like jro indicated. Always good to hear there are a lot of women interested in the sport. I would have definitely tried to attend if it hadn't been for surgery but next year sounds like a lock.

Live life to its fullest, you never know when you'll get a second chance.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

We had a great day up there and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Just FYI everyone, the fastest (most eperienced - not newbie) group did allow passing outside in corners or inside when reasonable, but NOT once the rider in front of you commenced turn-in and with AT LEAST 6-8 feet of space. Again, this was only in the most experienced group and we had no incidents with rider contact (or even a close call). It was very clearly explained that if there was any question at all - don't try the pass. The students and instructors were all good with this all day. There were also 2 groups with much more limited passing rules for those who wanted a little more room. The idea of this day was that there was a place for everyone: newbies, intermediates and those that were more experienced.

I have got a bunch of great feedback from this day and we are looking forward to do it again next season. I hope to be able to post the date by early November.

Eric Wood
    Penguin Racing School

i followed the fast guys on the last session who were having fun and the instant they came upon a woman in the school the got into single file followed her and passed on the back straight away with no problems.. i had so much fun during the day and there were smiles through out the garages with women who were having so much fun.. great great day...except for the monsoon that came out of nowhere haha and the girls went right out in the rain and having fun in the rain too

Quote Originally Posted by pps216 View Post
    i followed the fast guys on the last session who were having fun and the instant they came upon a woman in the school the got into single file followed her and passed on the back straight away with no problems.. i had so much fun during the day and there were smiles through out the garages with women who were having so much fun.. great great day...except for the monsoon that came out of nowhere haha and the girls went right out in the rain and having fun in the rain too
    Ya I was out on track during that monsoon hit midway thru and JRO was too. Jen was working with this lady on a BMW and they just kept on cranking! I did a few laps in the rain but since I was on slicks I pulled in. Was awesome watching them just continue on like nothing happened. That rain hurt!

Did anyone see the lady in the B group on the big touring BMW? She was TOSSING that thing around. I followed her for a lap cause it was so cool to watch! Mucho props.

Boston --> San Diego

there was some girl on a blue bmw full fairing bike she was cute too and i led her around a few times and every time i looked back she was there i as like damn she was def riding that bike well

there was some girl on a blue bmw full fairing bike she was cute too and i led her around a few times and every time i looked back she was there i as like damn she was def riding that bike well
    Yea I remember her too. Different chick than the one I referenced above but yea, the girl you are talking about was moving! She was in the Advanced Group. I think after Jackie and Jen she was the quickest chick there, Jen and I got behind her one session and just chilled cause she was going along at a nice pace.

Boston --> San Diego

AND she street prepped the thing at the end of the day, put the saddle bags back on and trekked that baby home (think she lived a few hours away). She was an accomplished rider for sure

USCRA #555 - Formula CB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

Might have been Cassie? She's a control rider with Tony's TrackDays out of NJ, she was up at the WRS on a riding vacation with her mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12