Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014

its in my blood

anyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014

here is my vid..

the B class was pretty stacked.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: anyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014

Interesting. Do you know why they put cones up to close turn 4? It actually offered a fairly decent passing opportunity when we were there with TTD.

its in my blood

Ya.. we were supposed to go up to the end of that section but after the advanced group went out they determined that there was oil on the track. They just took that section out of the day.. not sure why they didn't just clean it.. maybe it was just quicker to take the 1st right turn

Class B was stacked. Not sure if Fishtails overestimated how much more capacity thompson has over NHMS (not that much) or if "No Frills" means "No Cap" but it was a little silly.

You passed me at 3:07 btw. I'm on the white SV. I don't have speedo but I don't think I ever saw 150! Are you on a 600 or 750?

Last edited by BSpies; 07-11-14 at 09:37 PM.

its in my blood

Ya. It was tight.. but I'm my experience, it seems to me that a lot of people choose to be in the intermediate group but should be in the beginner group..

Sweet! Bummer they took out T4. That's my favorite corner at that track!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    Ya.. we were supposed to go up to the end of that section but after the advanced group went out they determined that there was oil on the track. They just took that section out of the day.. not sure why they didn't just clean it.. maybe it was just quicker to take the 1st right turn
    That turn was very sketchy first time we went through. I saw a lot of people sliding. The track needed to clean that up. Fun day, I had a blast.

Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Well it is good they had the ability to put in that shortcut then. It looks like it would be a fun l/r/l if there was more space in the group to go through there unimpeded.

I was only able do 2 sessions before my clutch started to fail. B was very crowded but I had no problem finding plenty of places to pass. I had a ton of fun.

its in my blood

Quote Originally Posted by BSpies View Post
    Class B was stacked. Not sure if Fishtails overestimated how much more capacity thompson has over NHMS (not that much) or if "No Frills" means "No Cap" but it was a little silly.

You passed me at 3:07 btw. I'm on the white SV. I don't have speedo but I don't think I ever saw 150! Are you on a 600 or 750?
    There was an expert on a zx10 getting up to170 on the straight. I could have got more on the straight but I was a wussy coming over the hill wide open..
    I'm on a 750.
    No frills as I understand it, its a Trackday with no class talk in between

its in my blood

Ya overall it was fun and we lucked out big time with the weather.. I didn't get any pictures from John Owen cuz I didn't see anything I liked.. I don't think he was taking pictures on the inside of the corner that I was getting my knee down which was the shortcut corner.. I took some stills from my video..

anyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014-uploadfromtaptalk1405179614758-jpganyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014-uploadfromtaptalk1405179623089-jpganyone got pics and vids from fishtaill yesterday at thompson? 7/10/2014-uploadfromtaptalk1405179653877-jpg

This was my first time at Thompson. It took me a few sessions to warm up to it, but by the end of the day I was really enjoying the track. My favorite section (if it wasn't clogged up with riders) was definitely coming out of the back of the oval and into the quick left/right. Will be coming back. Great to have this as another track to ride at.

The straight for me on my twin was about 135 indicated, before rolling off.

its in my blood

Quote Originally Posted by cotterman View Post
    This was my first time at Thompson. It took me a few sessions to warm up to it, but by the end of the day I was really enjoying the track. My favorite section (if it wasn't clogged up with riders) was definitely coming out of the back of the oval and into the quick left/right. Will be coming back. Great to have this as another track to ride at.

The straight for me on my twin was about 135 indicated, before rolling off.
    same here.. it took a few sessions to get used to it, remember my lines and get comfortable.. i liked it.. wish there wasnt so much crowding.. i want to be able to get up over the hill on the gas but i kept wetting my pants every time i got head shake .. or maybe i was just sweating a lot HAHAAHh

i want to be able to get up over the hill on the gas but i kept wetting my pants every time i got head shake .. or maybe i was just sweating a lot HAHAAHh
    Do you mean the little hill as you are coming onto the straight that falls away once you crest and look down to turn 1? On some of my faster laps my front wheel would get real light over that section and I would get a shake when it came down again.

its in my blood

yup exactly.. coming out of the back. last turn leading onto the straight... tire would get light.. sometimes wheelie.. then I pee.

Def a pucker moment for me as well...like a balloon knot! Probably happens a lot faster on the 4 cylinder too. It definitely made me think about how nice a stabilizer would be, but at that speed, the bike really wants to keep going straight and it settles right out.

My bike doesn't have enough power to do this over the hill and down into turn 6 at Loudon so it was a new feeling for me at the track.

The other thing I was surprised about in comparison to loudon was how the tires held up with the nice pavement they have there in CT. They stayed pretty smooth and wore well. At loudon they shed like crazy.

I rode in C group since there were no other spots to purchase on the site. Then I was asked if I wanted to but it seemed really crowded in B so I stayed in C. It wasn't too bad except that corner before the bridge and getting into the loop where it was the most congested. Once you got past that it was great! I had a lot of fun there but my last lap I realized that I had been in traffic going wide through the bridge and the loop to make passes on the straights that I didn't really have any idea what the line should be in those places!

I go back monday with Tony's hopefully I can concentrate on those spots...

If anyone has video or pics of C group that would be awesome. I was on the Black BMW R1200S.

its in my blood

ya thats funny.. cuz i dont have an issue coming over the hill down to the bowl at nhis.. maybe cuz im totally straight.. thompson, im still a bit leaned... im gonna change out the oil in the stock damper.. i here its a big help

its in my blood

i was considering the C group too... but i feel bad sometimes cuz if there are people on the track for the 1st time, it sux having crazy people buzz your tower.. LOL

its in my blood

does anyone know what happen on the last B session? there was a strange crash at the beginning of the right hand turn heading to the mountain... i thought I had my GOPRO on but the damn bat was dead.
    it was the warm up lap.. by the looks of things, I assumed someone object fixated or misjudged the speed of the people in front em them

i was considering the C group too... but i feel bad sometimes cuz if there are people on the track for the 1st time, it sux having crazy people buzz your tower.. LOL
    The last two sessions were the only time I made passes for that exact reason. I feel so guilty I dont want to be the guy to make someone go off track!

its in my blood

HAHAHAAH ya it does suck... i did C group at the last boston MOTO day at NHIS.. i made all my passes on the straight and all on the outside..

i remember the 1st time i was at a tday.. someone passed me and i wet my pants

Quote Originally Posted by Beinggodisgreat View Post
    The last two sessions were the only time I made passes for that exact reason. I feel so guilty I dont want to be the guy to make someone go off track!
    You shouldn't...its part of the game and if done properly and at the right time there should be no issues. Passing and being passed is part of it and its a good skill to get comfy with. And one of the first things to learn how it should be done right....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

its in my blood

i got a talkin to from an instructor from FT at thompson on thurs.. he was on a SUMO and said i passed him too close.. HAHAHAH
    anytime an instructor came to talk to me in all my days on the track, its never been, "hey.. you looked good out there" LOL

This is from the B group. I was having battery problems as well and only caught a little bit of footage out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast