Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Should Sam start a track day?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!! I love that guy and want to see more track time in NH for 2014

22 57.89%
  • Nah, I already bought my membership somewhere else, so I'm going to stick with them

5 13.16%
  • I hate Sam and Loudon, thank god there are other tracks opening up

3 7.89%
  • Beet and Bemused are naked

8 21.05%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Poll: New track day NHMS

Re: Poll: New track day NHMS

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    I just caught this thread because Marcelo bumped it. If I was just starting out and the OP I would do one or two days the first year at a slightly lower price if possible than the big track days. Offering basically free track time to control riders and corner workers and intermediate / advanced only with not much in the way of classroom besides a morning riders meeting and maybe 1 or 2 meetings to talk about the track a little bit after the first 1 or 2 sessions. The first session would be follow the leader for the first few laps to get people warmed up and show people who haven't ridden THIS track the line. Reducing materials and overhead(actually paying instructors) will keep costs down and help provide more track time to people looking for more track time. If successful at this years track days and get more interest and get a better idea of the budget you can expand to add more time and beginner groups.

This is essentially the model that TPM track days uses and they are a bit cheaper($50 member $170/day) if you go to more than 2 or 3 days with them. They do offer a beginner group, but even that instruction is not as good as TTD and Fishtail. But for an experienced rider it's more track time at a lower price. If you've gone to a few track days at the same place it gets redundant. It's pretty much all the same advice unless you're get one on one instruction.
    Glad i could help lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS #31

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone and have thought over my plans very carefully.

At this time, I have decide to not do this. I weighed out everyone's input and came to the conclusion that I'm not willing to risk the potential financial loss in order to get some "free" track time. I would also rather focus my efforts on my racing program, than a part time business venture that has such a high risk for such a little payout.

Anyways, this might change in the future, but for now, that's where I'm at.
    Thanks to everyone for there support.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Well, BOOOOOOOO!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456