Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anybody ridden with the TD org - P.R.E.?

Anybody ridden with the TD org - P.R.E.?

I'm thinking about riding VIR this year, and it looks like there are no options to ride with any of the TD orgs I'm familiar with at VIR this late in the season.

I did notice that Performance Riding Experience is going to be there in early November, is anybody familiar with them?

While I haven't yet ridden with an org that I would steer people away from, I don't want to risk signing with an unfamiliar group only to find out they run a terrible day or have customers that ride like douchebags.....

I've never been to VIR before, so it's probably ok if they fall more on the "non-racer focused" side of the spectrum, since I'll be focused on learning the track and having a good time instead of trying to shave off 0.1's

If anybody has feedback they feel is too "candid" to post publicly, feel free to PM me.

PS - also let me know if anybody would be interested in going, maybe we can get a group together....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Re: Anybody ridden with the TD org - P.R.E.?

Don't you do all the NYST days? How much worse cold it be?

what do you want to know?
    Cornerspeed is typically the only TD vendor for motorcycles at VIR.
    i've ridden with them a few times and know a few of those guys.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    what do you want to know?
    Cornerspeed is typically the only TD vendor for motorcycles at VIR.
    i've ridden with them a few times and know a few of those guys.
    I'm not 100% clear on the last line of your post....are you saying that you know some of the cornerspeed guys, or the PRE guys?

'Cause to my knowledge, Cornerspeed is not the only TD vendor for MC's at VIR. TPM does days down there and PRE does too.

I think I might have found what you're talking about tho....according to the below post on the Cornerspeed site, it looks like they are the only org that runs the GRAND course.

PRE is running VIR Patriot on Sun, 11/1 and VIR North on Mon, 11/2. Which reminds me, I wanted to see which VIR track/configuration people like the best....maybe I'll start another thread on that...

October 2015
    Virginia International Raceway
    Cornerspeed hosts a track day on the GRAND COURSE!
    Monday, October 5th
    We are the only motorcycle organization that is allowed to rent this 4.2 mile course.

LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Don't you do all the NYST days? How much worse cold it be?
    Ouch.....

Not sure where that's coming from but through 2 years of having a season pass there, I can say things are always more enjoyable when it is a straight up member day. Fewer red flags, etc...maybe a function of the "regulars" knowing the track better than the guys that come up with TD orgs, but nonetheless when I show up there I know how things are going to run and that I'm going to get lots of track time. The sort of thing I'd like to get a feel for before signing up with an org for the first time.

LRRS 919

I think I just have a bad taste in my mouth from crashing there every time I go. Well, that and having a 20 year old kid bounce my GMD forks in tech, shake his head and say "man, your dampening isn't right, let me get someone else to come look," then coming back with another guy who points out that my windscreen is attached with zip ties, grabs my tail bodywork and tries to rip it off the subframe for a few seconds before reluctantly offering "I guess its OK". Then pitting next to New York's Fastest from long gisland who brought his new GSXR 1000 (I think? Hard to tell under all the "sponsor" stickers) up for the day to show all those pussies on 650s how much faster he is on the straight. Then after crashing, landing about 10 feet off the track in the only corner the nearest texting college frat bro corner worker is meant to be watching, and jumping up and down for 5 minutes to get his attention that maybe he should throw a yellow, and struggling to keep myself and my unsecured bike upright on the back of the crash truck while the texting college frat bro driver rails around the track at 40mph back to the pits and tells me sorry, the truck can't go down to the plebeian pits, good luck wheeling it down, after all that, I get the luxury of driving 4.5 hours back to civilization.

All that being said, Greg and Danny are cool.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

everyone loves the Full Course. the Grand Course generally happens once every 5 years. I havent done the south or grand course in about 5 years.

if you're planning on racing there for the CCS rounds in June or Sept, just learn the north course. that's the only track used for MC racing.
    on a 600, you'd want to us something like -1/+1 for gearing there.

yea i was referring to the Cornerspeed guys. I forgot TPM rides there, and i've never heard of PRE.
    Cornerspeed does a Ducati Revs day in April, right before the LRRS opener, which i've gone to a few times.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft