Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Economic realities

Everybody to the limit!

Economic realities

My plan from the start was always to throw the bike in the back of the dodge friday night, drive down on saturday and stay with some friends in VA, and make the return loop on wednesday. This seemed like a fine plan to me, and is still my plan if I can't figure a better solution.

But driving back from boston tonight, I stopped to fill up the truck, glanced at the trip odo, and realized something. Big old V8 trucks with questionable u joints suck gas like a two dollar whore. And VIR is like 800 miles each way. I'm doing a bit of wnter maintenance to the truck and the gas mileage may improve somewhat but it's still gonna cost me a damn pretty penny to haul me and the bike to virginia and back.

Dunno why this never occured to me before, guess all the trips I used to make in a 40mpg+ celica desensitized me to the cost of gas on these long trips. But the dodge gets maybe a quarter of that, even on the highway.

So question, is there anyone out there with room for me and the bike to VIR? I'd be happy to post a generous contribution to the gas fund, take a shift at driving (I used to do the drive to western VA in 11 hours, two stops, so I can handle the wheel), bring along the V1 to bust the fuzz, whatever. Alternatively, is there anyone who would want to ride down together? I imagine we could squeeze two bikes in the bed or, if you've got a trailer, I've got a hitch and 7500 pounds of towing capacity, wouldn't even blink an eye pulling another bike or two.

Let me know, yo.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Economic realities

you suck

that is all

Bras cause cancer.

Everybody to the limit!

Economic realities

How about just me, since Pete can trailer my bike down? Anybody got an extra seat? Trunk space? Can I ride your bike on the trailer making vroom noises all the way to VIR (Would prefer a literbike since 600s are kinda buzzy on the higway )?

Littering and........

Economic realities

We have room in my truck (its a Ford F-250 Crew Cab - HUGE fuckin back seat that I have fucked no skanky chicks in), but you'd have to get up to VT. I *may* be able to put your bike in the back of the pickup as well, as I have a full four bikes in the trailer.

Everybody to the limit!

Economic realities

Originally posted by highsider
    We have room in my truck (its a Ford F-250 Crew Cab
    Ok you win, your truck beats my truck :

Thanks mang, I very much appreciate the offer. So do you think that you'd have room for the bike in the back, or would that be inconveniencing ya? I don't want to take up valuable space if you need it for hauling gear and whatnot.

And just where is Wessiide anyway?

Economic realities

Originally posted by Honclfibr

And just where is Wessiide anyway?
    He's right down the street from the trailer park with the hiv.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Economic realities

did i just see this right? Chris? Did you just offer a seat to honclfukker? I have to spend 14 hours in a truck with honclfukker? What are you? Insane?

Honclbitch.....we are meeting up with Pete in Albany so we don't have to head into boston. I don't know if Chris is gonna say that he has romo for the bike or not but if someone could take your gear you and Pete could ride to NY together and we could pick both of you up there.?. Assuming Chris is gonna say that you can put thebike in the truck

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

Economic realities

Actually, Senor Nikon.....

Pete may or may not be riding with us, he may end up taking gmdboston up on his deal to avoid the trip to Albany on his bike.

Irregardless of what Pete decides to do, I can put one bike in the back of the truck pretty easily, so if Senor Honklefukker wants to ride along, that makes the trip even cheaper for the rest of us

Everybody to the limit!

Economic realities

Originally posted by highsider
    Actually, Senor Nikon.....

Pete may or may not be riding with us, he may end up taking gmdboston up on his deal to avoid the trip to Albany on his bike.

Irregardless of what Pete decides to do, I can put one bike in the back of the truck pretty easily, so if Senor Honklefukker wants to ride along, that makes the trip even cheaper for the rest of us
    Excellente!

Any chance we can take Will the burro instead of Will the ass? I think the donkey'd be more pleasant on long car trips

Economic realities

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Excellente!

Any chance we can take Will the burro instead of Will the ass? I think the donkey'd be more pleasant on long car trips
    BIOTCH it's on now

Bras cause cancer.