Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Spidi Airbag Vest

Spidi Airbag Vest

Does anyone have any experience with the spidi airbag vest? I am considering some neck protection at the track, and this looks like an alternative to the leatt.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...ps-airbag-vest

My only concern is how it will fair in a crash? Will the vest be shredded and therefore single use?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa

Re: Spidi Airbag Vest

After using the Leatt for 2 years, I am considering going the air vest route. I switched helmets this season and the Leatt pushes up the new helmet too high on my head, causing among other things, airflow issues inside the helmet which in turn causes my contacts to get blown out of my eyes while riding.

Anyone got the bottom line on these air vests? I wear a good suit and chest/back protector inside the suit, so the vest is intended purely for neck protection only - i.e., not looking for the vest to add any torso protection though that wouldn't hurt. Do they offer neck protection and worth the expense and hassle?

Re: Spidi Airbag Vest

Sorry, no info on the Spidi, but a guy who was garaged next to me at Saturday's Palmer track day had a "hit-air" vest and was very enthusiastic about it. He had deployed it in a crash in turn 2 at Loudon and said it worked well. He indicated that he was able to re-pack it and replace the gas cartridge.