Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NO STT eastern events for 2011

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

In case you haven't heard. From the STT website:

We regret to announce that the Eastern division of Sportbike Track Time will not have a schedule in 2011. Our intention had been to be the exclusive club at Monticello Motor Club, and they had agreed in September of 2010 to have us run their school & track days for 2011. Unfortunately, 1 or 2 of the major partners don’t feel that motorcycles should play a role in their business model at all. We’ve been trying to overcome their objections one at a time, but to no avail.

Being that this news came to us so late and so many of the other tracks have their calendars full, we feel the schedule has been saturated to the point of uncertainty for STT.

We want to thank our fantastic staff and all the loyal Sportbike Track Time members who have made the past few years possible and we hope to be able to have a complete schedule for you in 2012.

Once again we greatly apologize for the turn of events that are truly out of the control of Sportbike Track Time.

Sincerely,
    David Podolsky
    Eastern Director/Sportbike Track Time

This really sucks as I really enjoyed riding this track. I am also glad I had the opportunity to work/ride for STT last season. I had a great time and hope to be back on board in 2012. Dave told us at the beginning of the season that they were working on a deal that would make them exclusive at mmc, so when everyone else was saying they couldn't get dates I was still optimistic. Maybe the loss of extra revenue will have mmc reconsidering its decision.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SVRACER01; 02-04-11 at 12:31 PM.
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: NO STT eastern events for 2011

So I guess that means no Jersey with them.....sucks.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

B.S....this really sux!!

Surprise surprise....never saw that one coming.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty
    Surprise surprise....never saw that one coming.
    Actually, I didn't. Like I said, being the ONLY motorcycle trackday provider at MMC was the plan and remained the plan up until a few weeks ago. So when other td orgs like tpm spouted "no more mmc days" I/we still thought "maybe for you, but STT will be there." It actually comes as quite a surprise for us/stt and hopefully we will be back.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

This is a major bummer... I really enjoyed instructing for them last season.

Monti South, Monti North, Monti 66... I didn't get to ride the full course though.

All 3 were just plain awesome... south on the motard and north on the r6 are the fun setups.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N