Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sumo Conversion

Re: Sumo Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post

One other note, I find the guys that come from road racing to Sumo have a much harder time with front end geometry not being spot on perfect, etc compared to the dirt / flat trackers trying Sumo / road racing. The latter you can put on a steaming pile with geometry that'd make Peter Kates run screaming and they'll still have a good time while showing up many riders who thought they were 'fast'.
    You're not kidding. Look at Jake. I struggle to hit 18's with everything I can do on a bike that feels perfect and he hucks 16's and I think a 15 with way less laps on the track. Hopefully this season I'll at least have my 'A' machine competitive.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Under no circumstances should anyone buy an EX500. It is a birth control bike. Yes, they can rail, but they are without a doubt the ugliest thing you will ever see at a racetrack. The price gap doesn't even justify it anymore.
    Hey now...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Hey now...
    Where’s the lie?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    You're not kidding. Look at Jake. I struggle to hit 18's with everything I can do on a bike that feels perfect and he hucks 16's and I think a 15 with way less laps on the track. Hopefully this season I'll at least have my 'A' machine competitive.
    I seriously don't know how they do it. Anyone who thinks this shit is easy hasn't tried to do it without any measurable natural talent

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    I seriously don't know how they do it. Anyone who thinks this shit is easy hasn't tried to do it without any measurable natural talent
    Come to a supermoto race in the rain, and watch the fast guys in the dirt. For starters, they are nice and loose, not nervous despite the fact that they're on rains at best in a swamp, and still they have absolute faith in their front end even when it's doing everything wrong under them. They just let it do it's thing and go about their business as if nothing's wrong. It's amazing to see. Seeing a bike obviously in the final stages of a total crash just suddenly snap upright for drive like the past 3 seconds didn't occur blows my mind.

A good chunk of it is talent, absolutely, but I've yet to meet anyone coming from flat track that hasn't been a total natural / fast when put upon a sumo / road racer, even the 'slow' flat track guys.

Lifer

Worse, those cats intentionally chuck the bike into what many of us would call a "crash" as part of their normal lap. Fold the front to shave speed.

I so want to try some flat trackage.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Worse, those cats intentionally chuck the bike into what many of us would call a "crash" as part of their normal lap. Fold the front to shave speed.

Flattrack is probably the best training. One basic corner with ever changing limited traction. Repeat a million times until you are fast. I know it's helped me a lot in a short time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

I've been some flat-track in the mid-west and it's nothing short of amazing. I was there the week before the AMA event in Lima, and so all the pros were at a small track (Lawrenceburg, IN) practicing for the big event.

It was a short track (1/8 mile I think) and the way at which they just throw the front end in was fucking terrifying. And yet they barely ever crash..

Last edited by number9; 05-08-19 at 03:42 PM.
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

You can always buy a second set of suspension I just happen to have a set of forks that I had for my 2012 KTM 450smr. Even have a front bake setup that fits the fork. Magura radial master and caliper or if you want get a little funky I also have a Brembo 15rcs for a 1inch bar but a piece can be made to fit with a brembo caliper. Can also probably set you up a brake line too but that depends on what length is needed.

I don't have a pds shock My bike had the linkage type.

Also have a set of adjustable ktm clamps. 14/16 but no stem for them. That with the bike.

Last edited by union; 05-08-19 at 03:49 PM.
    James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12