Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Team Promotion days (NJMP)

Team Promotion days (NJMP)

Im thinking about doing the Aug 23,24 dates with them. Would have done TTD the next week but it works out better for work.

So....I know TTD is teamed up with them. How are the dates? Safe? Well run?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Re: Team Promotion days (NJMP)

I ran with TPM at Calabogie a few years ago. I won't ride with them again. It was a crashfest because it was like 30 degrees out in the mornings and they ran 4 groups so you basically only got 2 laps in after a warmup lap. Overheard the head guy saying to another guy that they ran 4 groups just to make money to pay for their trip up. I understanding wanting to make some money on it but the way he said it was real dickish. They did call a second riders meeting one day about the crashes and he just yelled at everyone to stop crashing because he wasn't getting any riding time in.

I have ridden with Penguin, BoMo and LAPs in NH and if TTD is anything like them then TPM is the exact opposite, ie shitty as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I ran with TPM at Calabogie a few years ago. I won't ride with them again. It was a crashfest because it was like 30 degrees out in the mornings and they ran 4 groups so you basically only got 2 laps in after a warmup lap. Overheard the head guy saying to another guy that they ran 4 groups just to make money to pay for their trip up. I understanding wanting to make some money on it but the way he said it was real dickish. They did call a second riders meeting one day about the crashes and he just yelled at everyone to stop crashing because he wasn't getting any riding time in.

I have ridden with Penguin, BoMo and LAPs in NH and if TTD is anything like them then TPM is the exact opposite, ie shitty as hell.
    Looks like they run 3 groups. How long ago was this?

Hopefully some of the TTD attendees of the days can elaborate.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Looks like they run 3 groups. How long ago was this?

Hopefully some of the TTD attendees of the days can elaborate.
    Sept 2008. yeah they normally run the regular 3 groups but they ran 4 at Calabogie because the track is limited to 35 riders on track at a time so they wanted the money.

I can only speak about tpm @ monticello and I think the days ran pretty smooth. Some things I would change but no huge issues.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

The days were smooth enough. The only thing I would like to see different is more communication with the customers. The PA system SUCKED BALLS. You couldn't hear shit. You really had to be on point. Also the calls were like 2 minutes apart. Often times you'd get first call, then maybe a minute later, 2nd, then final call. Sometimes no calls at all.

The track is different to say the least. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Can't really blame TPM for the crappy PA system. Track needs to invest in some stuff if they plan to keep running track days... which was definitely not their plan.

As for the track itself, it was much safer than when I first looked at it. At least now there are some soft barriers in front of the ARMCO in impact areas.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com