Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Tire Pressures @ the track

Re: Tire Pressures @ the track

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    go to dunlopracing.com and it'll tell you the hot pressures for the tires you're running.
    Hey thanks but I still don't see anywhere it gives specific info on my question. I guess what I am trying to ask is, is the tire pressure reflective solely on the compound of the tire or is it correlate to the size of the wheel and weight of the machine it is being used on.

http://www.dunlopracing.com/Pressures.pdf

My sv650 has a gsxr600 rear wheel would I want to go with 33/23 vice 32/30 or somewhere in between? My logic being that the forces acting on the 600 rear wheel now are not nearly as much as it was intended to see, therefore producing much less heat (and less grip than its potential) so something has to change (besides suspension) to get that more potential out of the tire. Pressure seems to me the easiest adjustment. So would I want to do a) nothing at all (run it either compound spec 33/23 or bike spec 32/30), b) adjust it lower for the composition of the rubber (less than 33/23), or c) adjust it lower for the bike (less than 32/30). I am probably making this out to be much more complicated than it needs to be though LOL. I'm sure a simple phone call could answer it as well

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That sheet tells you exactly what you want.

Look at the tire you're using, model, don't care about specific compound, the bike listings are just based on the sizes they carry and who typically runs those tires.. The pressures listed are what you START with. You then adjust up or down based on YOUR riding and what the tire shows.

do 32 front 22 rear hot off the warmers for Dunlops. check them right after you come back in and see what the difference is. if they felt good and aren't tearing to shit then stay with that. front is usually good at 32-33 for an Ntec, not even sure if anyone actually uses the SV specific front cause I didn't even know they had a different front. the rear that you'll use is good around 21-23. if its 25+ it'll start to slide. any race tire has a range of a few psi that'll work. so start with that and adjust from there.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Will try that, thanks again!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456