Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

First Track Day

Re: First Track Day

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    Booked first day for Penguin October 4th, bike is all set to go, now just praying for good weather.
    I'm planning to go as well, although I havent booked it yet. I am new to the scene this year as well, look for me on the bike in my avatar.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I'm planning to go as well, although I havent booked it yet. I am new to the scene this year as well, look for me on the bike in my avatar.
    I'll look for ya, I'll be on a red/black F4i

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    Excellent! The F4i is a great track bike (assuming that's what you are using).

If you get hooked on Friday the 4th... we have our last two trackdays on the following Mon and Tues to help you with the winter withdrawal.
    Probably going to be my only one for this year, having a new job limits vacation time =/ but come January 1st I'll have plenty, plan on doing a bunch next year though

LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Probably going to be my only one for this year, having a new job limits vacation time =/ but come January 1st I'll have plenty, plan on doing a bunch next year though
    Sounds good. I'll be up there selling Pirelli tires that day so feel free to stop by and say HI.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

I'm also going to be doing my first Track Day on October 4. I was at NHIS for the ARC in May and was itching to get on the track all summer. I'll be on a blue SV. Hope to meet some of you guys.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Hey.. I was at the May ARC too. Black V-Strom, day-glow helmet.

My last Penguin outing included another may ARC grad getting his first track day in. And I heard the woman on the blue Kawi Ninja 250 has done several; she was at the last TTD I attended.

This is all good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Hey.. I was at the May ARC too. Black V-Strom, day-glow helmet.

My last Penguin outing included another may ARC grad getting his first track day in. And I heard the woman on the blue Kawi Ninja 250 has done several; she was at the last TTD I attended.

This is all good stuff.
    Sure, I remember talking to you there. I gather you've been hitting it pretty hard since then.

The class was great, I feel a lot more ready to ride the track after doing it. Body position, throttle and brake inputs, etc. Ready to try it with a little more speed. My summer was just too busy to get back up there until now, but glad to be getting on the track before winter.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ACK View Post
    I gather you've been hitting it pretty hard since then.
    I'm addicted. I'm physically able. And even managed to afford it once or twice. Life is good.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

my attitude matches yours GixxerJosh's Avatar

I can't wait to sign up for an ARC and learn more skills. Wish we offered it in mass through the MSF.

MSF RiderCoach http://www.trainingwheelsonline.com
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach http://www.planetdirt.com

Evergreen Safety Council Sidecar/Trike Education Program Instructorhttp://www.trainingwheelsonline.com/...l#spyder-trike

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerJosh View Post
    I can't wait to sign up for an ARC and learn more skills. Wish we offered it in mass through the MSF.
    Odds are we'll offer it once or twice next year. Stay tuned.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by ACK View Post
    Sure, I remember talking to you there. I gather you've been hitting it pretty hard since then.

The class was great, I feel a lot more ready to ride the track after doing it. Body position, throttle and brake inputs, etc. Ready to try it with a little more speed. My summer was just too busy to get back up there until now, but glad to be getting on the track before winter.
    Another ARC Alumni here, I was on the Red FZ6 with the black helmet and the 46 Sticker on the back. Were you on that SV?
    I too did a track day couple of weeks ago and got to try a lot of skills we practiced during the ARC. I wish I had done the track day right after the ARC.
    I am looking for a track bike now (may be early next year),Oh yeah and this shit is addictive. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Karate.Snoopy View Post
    Another ARC Alumni here, I was on the Red FZ6 with the black helmet and the 46 Sticker on the back. Were you on that SV?
    I too did a track day couple of weeks ago and got to try a lot of skills we practiced during the ARC. I wish I had done the track day right after the ARC.
    I am looking for a track bike now (may be early next year),Oh yeah and this shit is addictive. You have been warned.
    Yep, Blue SV650S. Looking forward to next week. Thanks for the warning. Adding another expensive, time consuming hobby was on my list of achievements for this year so I should be good!

Looking to book my first track day for sometime in September, any recommendations on first company to go with (Penguin, TTD, Fishtail, ect)?
    BOMO popped my track day cherry!!

I went to every single TD/School between june/july at Loudon and I can tell you (as a beginner myself) that you can't go wrong with any of them. Every company has a little something different to offer.
    -BOMO- I was really fortunate and happy to have gone with the BOMO TD for my first experience because well those guys are just fricken nuts and I crave speed as much as they do so I was able to soak in a TON of knowledge on the first day. If you are going in with a racing mentality as I was you will really appreciate it. Unfortunately the BOMO guys don't schedule as many TD's and they fill up quick so if you have the chance to get into one I HIGHLY recommend it!
    -Tony's is not geared towards racing at all its actually quite a different experience. Its more geared towards being a "friendly" track day experience. Which is great because going for your first time CAN be overwhelming and he tries to make track day riding less intimidating. Except I did TTD right after the Pengun school so Tony actually told me to tone it down a notch.. oops sorry! :/ But he gives really good instruction and his staff is equally as knowledgeable. I had a great time at Tony's and TTD's are probably the most popular/common from what I have seen at Loudon so I have to thank them for bringing the opportunity for a lot of track time at Loudon
    Penguin school whether you plan on racing or not, I highly recommend going because they will teach you everything you need to become a racer (basic course) and become certified to improving on your skills (advanced course) I did the 2 day basic and I had an enormous amount of fun (despite crashing both days lol) and I took the advanced course during the DRNE event. All I can say is if you can get into a classroom with Eric Wood you will be in the hands of a legend.. that guy is fantastic at what he does and really opened my eyes to the capabilities of my bike and myself!! By the end of the day he had me driving so hard into turn 6 that I thought I was going to shoot off to the moon!
    FIshtail This was a great track day as well and there was a really relaxed atmosphere which I thought was pretty cool. I got some really good track time to soak and work on the things I had learned at Penguin. I rode in the advanced group and there wasn't really a lot of people in it so I basically had the track to myself which probably also contributed to the relaxed feeling.

So... yeah I'd recommend any one of those that I listed, track time is track time. Make the most of it!

Completed the Penguin basic course yesterday and probably had the most fun I've ever had, I feel this is going to be the beginning of downward spiraling money draining addiction.

LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Ummmmm, yup!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Wait, you did the basic race school as your first ever track day?! Waaay cool.
    'Grats.

I think a lot of people do that. Either knowingly or just by the name, maybe they should change it to 'license school' or something.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123