Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2019 Northeast Track Day Reference thread

Cat herder

2019 Northeast Track Day Reference thread

This thread replicates one that I've been posting on another forum for the past few years. It's intended as a handy reference for track info and provider schedules, as well as a place for the community to share which days they'll be attending and the group they'll be riding in.

Veterans won't find anything they don't already know, but hopefully those new to the track might get some value from it.

Suggestions welcome.

The current schedule/attendance post is always near the bottom of the thread.

Track Days 2019

It's WAY WAY more fun to do a track day when you hang out with others. So let's try to line up our schedules so we can do that, and make an effort to arrive at the same time so we can pit together.

What's new:

- TTD returns to Loudon for one day in August.
    - Fishtail is running Tamworth.
    - A dispute between TPM and NJMP means TPM won't be hosting days in New Jersey (info current January 2019). N2 is running NJMP.
    - Added track info for Loudon (TTD, Penguin and Fishtail), Pocono (TPM), Canaan (Penguin) and Tamworth (Fishtail).

- - - Updated - - -

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by adouglas; 01-05-19 at 08:50 AM.

Cat herder

Re: 2019 Northeast Track Day Reference thread

All the track info is here....

Palmer Motorsports Park, Palmer, MA
    Palmer Motorsports Park

There are sound limits at this track. You have been warned. Hasn't been a big deal, but if you've got one of those stupid-loud megaphone exhausts, you might have a really short day.

Palmer is... is... well, just LOOK at it! How can you NOT want to ride here? Massive elevation change including a Laguna Seca-like diving turn.

Super-cool drone video .... worth watching!

Steely-eyed missile man and TTD instructor Paul Duval gives us a narrated lap:

Reverse direction, blue (second fastest) group:

Reverse with notes (car-specific but overall it does look useful)

Facilities: There is garage space available, rented per bay. You can fit four bikes in a bay. The full garage building is $50/day, while the open-sided "carport" along the pit all is $40/day. Garage has power. You're supposed to reserve at the Palmer website: Go here Palmer Motorsports Park and click through to find your event. It's pretty casual, so no biggie if you mess up.

There's a shower/rest room building. Showers are around back. There are also porta-potties... it's a big paddock. A bicycle comes in handy especially if you rent a garage.

Note: If you're looking at track maps, note that the turn numbers are not consistent. For our purposes, the left hander at the bottom of the hill after pit-out is Turn 2. The Turn 4/5 complex is the climbing left-right S. The diving left-hander is Turn 7. The big banked right-hand carousel is Turn 9, aka The Bowl.

Thompson Speedway, Thompson, CT
    Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park | The northeast’s premier motorsports and entertainment destination

Facilities: Thompson has garage space with power for rent (2018 price was $25/bike, reservations not needed, pay at the gate), showers, fuel on-site ($$$) and is easily the best track for spectators. Fun, point-and-shoot.

[RESIZE][/RESIZE]

"Normal" clockwise direction, narrated by Ken Condon

"Reverse" counterclockwise (which I think is more fun.... ijs...)

New York Safety Track, Harpersfield, NY

In addition to renting the facility out to track day organizations like TTD and TPM, NYST runs its own track days. Those dates are not shown in this thread. Visit the NYST site for details.

NYST | New York Safety Track

Great track overall, with really nice flow and variety.

NYST runs both directions: "Uptown" is counterclockwise, "Downtown" is clockwise.

Faciliites: Showers, but no garages. Word has it that limited power is available and there are rumors of it spreading but I don't know any details. The paddock can be a bit challenging and is very crowded. The lower area is not level and the upper area by the building is nothing but a strip of pavement with people parked on both edges.

If you ride with TTD, camping is included in your fee. If you attend a "native" NYST day, they'll hit you up for $20 per night. They don't tell you that in advance....

[RESIZE][/RESIZE]

Uptown:

Downtown:

New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, NJ

New Jersey Motorsports Park | Millville, NJ

As of January 2019, long-time incumbent TPM no longer hosts track days at NJMP. N2 is your source now. See the schedule post at the bottom of the thread.

NJMP hosts MotoAmerica, and is spectator-friendly. I've not done a track day here, but did a couple of parade laps of the Thunderbolt circuit when I saw the late-season MotoAmerica race with Ben a couple of years ago. The track has nice flow and looks like it'd be a hoot at speed. I don't know the garage situation for track days. Heads-up if you're trailering from the north: Getting across the Hudson with a trailer can be expensive, depending on which bridge you use. The farther north you can do it, the better.

Thunderbolt:

Lightning:

Now you have Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in your head. You're welcome. :rotflmao:

New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH

https://www.nhms.com//

NHMS was for many years the only road course available to bikes in the Northeast. It's got real "character," with some noteworthy bumps and such. It's a combined oval and road course with excellent facilities including free garage space with power. This is where pretty much all of the racing in the Northeast takes place.

Looking into onboard videos... stay tuned.

Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA

https://www.poconoraceway.com

As of January 2019, this is the only track where Team ProMotion hosts track days. I believe it's always on the East course, white in the map below.

This is one of NASCAR's gigantic tri-ovals. Been there once many years ago, don't know about facilities.

[RESIZE]
    [/RESIZE]

Looking into onboard videos... stay tuned.

Canaan Motor Club, Canaan, NH

http://www.canaanmotorclub.com

I understand that this track is very tight and technical. Never been there.

Forum software is limiting me to 10 embedded videos per post, so here's a raw link for Club:

https://youtu.be/dlMAFNrAsvM

Club Motorsports, Tamworth NH

http://clubmotorsports.com/

Currently only Fishtail is hosting track days here.

This is another noise-sensitive track. Get a db killer, put the stock exhaust back on your bike, whatever... make it quiet or you're going home. Bitching about it won't help.

Another beautiful new track with big elevation change... a "right proper road course" that makes you feel like you're going somewhere.

Track map can be downloaded here:
    http://clubmotorsports.com/_pdfs/ClubMotorsportsMap.pdf

Onboard video:
    https://youtu.be/ILHdWUxZurw

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by adouglas; 01-05-19 at 08:52 AM.

Fishtail 2019 schedule.

NHMS
    Monday April 29th
    Monday May 20th
    Friday June 7th. (Cop day)
    Monday July 29th
    Monday September 9th
    Monday October 7th

Canaan Motorsports Park
    Sunday May 26
    Saturday & Sunday July 20, 21

Palmer Motorsports Park
    Monday Aug 26

Club Motorsports, Inc.
    Monday & Tuesday June 10, 11

Yep Tamworth baby!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Wow. That's a lot of information.

I know your not promoting one track or organization directly, but Tony and Eric might have an issue with you posting non-supporting track day orgs on the forum seeing as how they pay for the right to promote on nesr themselves.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Cat herder

Thanks... didn't know that. If there's an objection I'll gladly yank the offending content. This is intended to be an even-handed community resource that will hopefully encourage participation in track days for all, not a commercial effort.

Last edited by adouglas; 01-02-19 at 02:23 PM.

It's just information... I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Cool and useful consolidation of info... I'll be at NYST all season long but would love to make another weekend at Palmer this upcoming season, loved that track.

EvolveGT is the only other org I see that has days at NJMP aside from the whole riders club debacle which put a lot of Moto days on lockdown. I probably won't be riding there too much because of the price and availability now. I got into track riding there and would like to see how much my times have improved from riding other tracks.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Cat herder

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post
    Cool and useful consolidation of info... I'll be at NYST all season long but would love to make another weekend at Palmer this upcoming season, loved that track.

EvolveGT is the only other org I see that has days at NJMP aside from the whole riders club debacle which put a lot of Moto days on lockdown. I probably won't be riding there too much because of the price and availability now. I got into track riding there and would like to see how much my times have improved from riding other tracks.
    Thanks. I'll add Evolve to the listings as time permits. I know nothing about them because I ride with TTD almost exclusively. I've done a Penguin day and a couple of NYST "native" days, but that's all.

Any other organizations to throw into the mix? N2, perhaps? Wondering who people around here ride with.

And yeah... it's just (hopefully useful) info. This is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of various organizations and how they operate. I have my own views on that, but it should be kept out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Thanks... didn't know that. If there's an objection I'll gladly yank the offending content. This is intended to be an even-handed community resource that will hopefully encourage participation in track days for all, not a commercial effort.
    I could be wrong and definitely understood your intent, so maybe that will make a difference since your not talking about pricing or promoting a specific event. Just thought I'd give you heads up.

I'm sure a mod can weigh in. Half of them work for Tony anyways. Lol

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Thanks. I'll add Evolve to the listings as time permits. I know nothing about them because I ride with TTD almost exclusively. I've done a Penguin day and a couple of NYST "native" days, but that's all.

Any other organizations to throw into the mix? N2, perhaps? Wondering who people around here ride with.

And yeah... it's just (hopefully useful) info. This is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of various organizations and how they operate. I have my own views on that, but it should be kept out of this thread.
    Absolute usually does a lot in Jersey. They usually give racers a deal and have done events with penguin.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Absolute usually does a lot in Jersey. They usually give racers a deal and have done events with penguin.
    For those that don't know yet, ACE is now The Riders Club which is in direct partnership with the track. Roy (from ACE) is running it but they instituted a pretty pricey membership structure and increased the price of ad hoc track days by quite a bit. They say otherwise but I believe this is why other orgs are getting locked out or just not able to score any days, they have something like 50+ days through the season and most of the weekends last I checked.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

I'm hoping to run a day with N2, seems like they're all over the place, if you're willing to travel.

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

Super stoked for the three day event that Penguin will be running in September. I rode Tamworth a few years back and fell in love. Fingers crossed to be there for the 6/11 date. Anyone who hasn’t ridden that track should put it on their bucket list.
    Thank you OP for starting this thread. It’s nice to finally see a fresh motorcycle topic on a motorcycle based website.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S