I posted this on the forums of the trackday website (www.triumphtrackday.com) so I thought I would post it here also.

You need to go to the North (furthest from the tunnel) garages upon arrival by the way.

Hi folks, just a quick message to let you know what's going on behind the scenes from my side of the trackday.

Ken asked me to get some interest from the NESR crowd (New England Street riders) so we could fill the trackday, so I did some marketing and I now have about 27 signups (just short of half the trackday, we must keep the majority Trumpets you know).

I have updated the trackday website with a few changes to reflect the 2-group system and the fact that it is now a semi-joint trackday between NTSR and NESR.

I want to stress to people how important it is to be well prepared at the trackday. for those of you new to trackdays, one of the crazy busy and stressful times is first thing in the morning. Ken will be on edge, i will be on edge and you will too if you are not prepared.

AS SOON AS YOU GET TO THE TRACK, get your license plate off, mirrors off, lights taped, tire pressure checked (VERY important) and do a general once-over of your bike.

IMMEDIATELY after prepping your bike, proceed to the desk where you will check in and sign a disclaimer. You will NOT be allowed into tech without signing a disclaimer!!!

IMMEDIATELY after signing the disclaimer, proceed directly to tech, WITH:

1. your bike (duh!).
2. your helmet.
3. Wearing the gear you will be riding in (including gloves and boots).

While in tech, you will be asked if you are a new trackday person (never done a trackday) or if you WANT to start in the slower group (there is NO SHAME in starting in the lower group, even if you are an experienced trackday person). You will be issued a technical inspection sticker for your bike at this point with a color-coded blob on it that tell the cornerworkers whether you are a red or blue group person.

IMPORTANT!! You may move up or down during the day. Just see me or Ken and we will issue you a new sticker based on your instructor's opinion. people may also be moved into different groups for safety reasons.

PLEASE do not stand around chatting until you have all of these things done. We MUST get the day started on time or the whole schedule will be off kilter all day and you will lose track time.

Red group people MUST be in the classroom by 08:45 for their pre-ride briefing. This is really important.

If we all focus on getting ready early we might have time for an extra session or a longer lunch break with some two-up rides etc.

Looking forward to Aug 12th, it is going to be a great time.

Derek