Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Trackday tire announced by Pirelli!!

New Trackday tire announced by Pirelli!!

Announcing a brand new Trackday-Specific Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro to replace the Diablo Corsa III.

Pirelli has informed its nationwide network of race tire vendors that they will be discontinuing the Diablo Corsa III tire in 2010. This comes as a big disappointment as the DCIII has been our tire of choice for most getting the most out of a trackday and street tire.

But there is some great news!

The recently announced Pirelli Rosso Corsa hypersports tire brings EPT (Enhanced Patch Technology) to the street rider, as well as the tried and trusted 3-zone construction for grip, longevity and superb wet-weather performance. This will be the tire of choice for street riders looking for ultimate performance and that trademark Pirelli confidence in the twisties.

So what about trackdays? Well, for trackday enthusiasts who want race-bred tire construction combined with the ability to perform on the street/track without tire warmers or long warm up times, Pirelli will be offering a brand new version of the Dragon Supercorsa Pro, previously available as a special production tire only fitted in O.E. applications.

The new Dragon Supercorsa Pro has the same carcass construction as the Dragon Supercorsa Pro DOT race tires we currently sell (and will continue to sell) but is more trackday oriented with a special compound. These are the SP (Special Production) tires that come as O.E. fitment on top-of-the-line Ducati, KTM and Triumph motorcycles.

These new tires will exclusively be available from your local Pirelli trackside tire vendor and are distinguishable from the race version by the speed and weight notation (75W) and lack of compound label on the sidewall (e.g.: no SC1, SC2 type designation). Pirelli have added a 160/60 size to the range also. This is news we couldn't be happier to hear. Now all you lightweight riders who couldn't experience the Diablo Corsa III will have a chance to try the latest trackday tire from Pirelli.
    - Hide quoted text -

Pirelli tell us that these tires are a significant performance upgrade from the DCIII after extensive testing. We cannot wait to try them.

This new tire line will have the same great pricing as Dragon race tires (currently $299 - $319 per set, mounted and balanced at the track!!, subject to final 2010 pricing) and will be the very best solution for the trackday rider looking to lower his or her lap times. If you're a trackday junkie looking to go racing, this new option will provide a smooth transition to the race versions (available in a supersoft or soft front and soft rear) with no new tire construction to get used to, or geometry changes to be made.

The new tires will be available from early 2010 and are currently available for pre-order from Boston Moto. Get your orders in soon because if the DCIII is anything to go by, these tires will not stay in stock for long.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: New Trackday tire announced by Pirelli!!

Huge news! And the best part is that us SV guys can finally take advantage of these great tires!

So no more DC III's? hmmm, it'll be interesting to try new set of rubber after running dc III's for 2 seasons

ZX10R
    Ned

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

These will be a natural step up from DCIIIs....

Quote Originally Posted by nerijusj View Post
    So no more DC III's? hmmm, it'll be interesting to try new set of rubber after running dc III's for 2 seasons

CCS/LRRS #83

But...but...i loved the DC3 for trackday / street riding.....they wore well and they were very good in the rain.

Frederick Stearns
    Souhegan Valley Motorsports Racing
    CCS/LRRS Expert #333
    Retired

Everything we're hearing is that these outperform the DCIII in every regard (wet, dry)... the only X factor will be how many street miles you can get out of em. One of the only complaints we had w/ the DCIII was tearing along the line where the compounds changed on the rear, so if you do more track days the new tire should last a bit longer... if you're more street biased, possibly not. Time will tell, I can't wait to try these though!

CCS/LRRS #83

Yeah, all my rear dcIII's were tearing more or less along the side where compounds meet. I noticed that on many other bikes too, didn't bother me though, grip was still there.
    So if I'm getting this right, the new tire- dragon supercorsa pro- will be the SAME compound tire that is mounted on higher end OEM bikes, right? Is that a multiple compound tire or not? Wonder if the edges on dcIII have softer rubber than a new tire. Any info on price difference between a new tire and same tire w/ DOT compounds?

ZX10R
    Ned

Yeah, all my rear dcIII's were tearing more or less along the side where compounds meet. I noticed that on many other bikes too, didn't bother me though, grip was still there.
    So if I'm getting this right, the new tire- dragon supercorsa pro- will be the SAME compound tire that is mounted on higher end OEM bikes, right? Is that a multiple compound tire or not? Wonder if the edges on dcIII have softer rubber than a new tire. Any info on price difference between a new tire and same tire w/ DOT compounds?
    Ned. Sup.....

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Well Ned, you'll have to try the SP's.... they should address that issue. The Dragon Supercorsa Pro SP is not a multi-compound tire, it's a compound developed, or tailored for high performance street bikes and track day use by folks who do not have tire warmers. The new tire will be the same price as the race compound Dragons.

"These are the sp (special production) tires that will be fitted to the top of the line Ducati, KTM and Triumph motorcycles and will exclusively be available from your local Pirelli trackside tire vendor. The new tires are distinguishable from the race version by the Speed and weight notation (75W) and will have no compound label on the sidewall. Pirelli have added a 160/60 size to the range also, so all you lightweight riders who couldn't experience the Diablo Corsa III will now have a chance to try the latest trackday tire from Pirelli.

Pirelli tell us that these tires are a significant performance upgrade from the DCIII after extensive testing. We cannot wait to try them.

The new tire will have the same great pricing as the Dragon race tires (currently $299 - $319 per set!!, subject to final 2010 pricing) and will be the very best way for a trackday rider to transition to racing. After using the new tire, the racing graduate can switch to the race version in a supersoft or soft front and soft rear with no new tire construction to get used to, or geometry changes to be made on the bike."

Last edited by scottieducati; 12-29-09 at 05:24 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Damn Scott, you sounded smaht...

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Hahah, indeed Scottie sounds smart there Thanks for info, good to know pricing will be about the same, if not cheaper as dcIII. these will come in 190/55 right?

ZX10R
    Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Ned. Sup.....
    Sup yo

ZX10R
    Ned

They should indeed. I do not know if there will be a 190/60 series or not however.

Hahah, indeed Scottie sounds smart there Thanks for info, good to know pricing will be about the same, if not cheaper as dcIII. these will come in 190/55 right?

CCS/LRRS #83