Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ever Wanted To Try a TD?

Re: Ever Wanted To Try a TD?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    That was a very good write up. I've been thinking about doing a track day since I started riding 2 years ago. That interview has brought out some of that interest again. While a I don't have a "sport" bike per say, im sure my FZ8 would suffice to get my feet wet. And maybe swapping out the road 4s for something a little more sticky. I've tried to talk friends into going through it with me but no one seems to show much interest in the idea. It'd be pretty intimidating for me to just pack up my bike and fly solo to a track day with no real idea of what im getting myself into. Reading about track days can only help so much.
    If you're going to wait to do it with your friends you'll never be doing a track day. Like you said, you're going to have to pack up your bike and gear and just head to the track solo, but don't be intimidated. Every single one there at one time or another was in the same boat as you are, plenty of people on hand to give you a hand. Every org has an introduction for new riders to get acquainted with track day riding and at the end of the first day you'll have 5-10 new friends and you'll be stuck with a new expensive addiction.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That was a very good write up. I've been thinking about doing a track day since I started riding 2 years ago. That interview has brought out some of that interest again. While a I don't have a "sport" bike per say, im sure my FZ8 would suffice to get my feet wet. And maybe swapping out the road 4s for something a little more sticky. I've tried to talk friends into going through it with me but no one seems to show much interest in the idea. It'd be pretty intimidating for me to just pack up my bike and fly solo to a track day with no real idea of what im getting myself into. Reading about track days can only help so much.
    My very first TD was entirely solo. I think my second largely was as well. Then I started to meet the crew...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    My very first TD was entirely solo. I think my second largely was as well. Then I started to meet the crew...
    I also did mine solo.. Well. Not Solo. Wendy came along for moral support but I knew no one at all. Like Mustang says after a day or two you get to know the crew. Best is to not be shy and just start yaking with your fellow riders.. Best people in the world...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Get in there like swim wear. Glad my post ignited a flame in your behind, now add some gas to that fire!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with some great guys who talked me through my first track day, and honestly I never looked back, as most says. Hell right before my second TD I went out and bought a trailer knowing it was already hooked.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason P. View Post
    Get in there like swim wear. Glad my post ignited a flame in your behind, now add some gas to that fire!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with some great guys who talked me through my first track day, and honestly I never looked back, as most says. Hell right before my second TD I went out and bought a trailer knowing it was already hooked.
    It ignited my bank account too but thats alright you only live once. Don't give me any more ideas with that trailer talk.

It ignited my bank account too but thats alright you only live once. Don't give me any more ideas with that trailer talk.
    Look at TDs as a single one time IMMENSE expense. It will cost a lot the FIRST TIME YOU go but after that costs are more manageable. Of course this is speaking if you go to a TD with absolutely nothing to your name aside from the bike (so needing to get leathers, transport, pay for track day, minuscule bike prep, etcetera) It gets cheaper from here!

Or you can go on a ramen only diet

I'm glad I did my first day solo, met an awesome group of people that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Its easy to talk to people who all have the same passion/addiction. Kind of like a crack-house.

In terms of it getting cheaper... I told my girlfriend I wanted to stay in one night last weekend to save money, a new set of Dunlops came in the mail that day, she hit me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

I did my first trackschool last year solo as well and have since got addicted! I managed another one in late October and am hoping to do more days this year. As others have mentioned one quickly makes new friends. And oh what a rush!! Can't wait for this darn winter to end!

Honda CBR 600RR(Track), BMW S1000RR(Street)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12