Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

TTD/ARC Report

TTD/ARC Report

Just spent a couple of awesome days at Loudon.

Tuesday at TTD, I took the EX250 to the track for the first time in a long time. Going back to the EX after all that time on the RS125, I now understand why people are crapping on the EX500 race bikes. Now that I'm used to the RS, the EX felt really wobbly and didn't seem to want to turn as nicely. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time on the EX despite being 10 seconds slower than on the RS. Despite being that much slower, I still beat my EX250 personal best time! Oh yeah, and I had fun teaching some of the bigger bikes to not bother passing a small bike at the END of a strait...

The next day I took ARC level 2 with Lee Parks. I really enjoyed slowing things down a bit and really dissecting and practicing in detail some of the techniques that are useful on the track. Turning some laps on the mini road course that was laid out in the parking lot at the end of the day was surprisingly fun. Not only did I get to practice my race launches, but I got to practice quickly getting used to a "new track" by finding reference marks and quickly learning to negotiate the various types of turns laid out for us.

The one thing that would complete these two days is adding a track day on day 3 to put the Arc stuff into practice right away...

Anyone else had fun these past couple days?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Re: TTD/ARC Report

I was there on Tuesday only
    Had a fantastic day, great weather, great group of guys and great tracktime. I got into the 1.25's and left delighted! Only down side was the crashes and injuries, seemed to be more serious ones than usual.
    A big thanks to all the TTD crew, especially Jamie and Ken (who I followed for quite a few laps at the end of the day and really learnt a lot from!)
    See you again in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Only down side was the crashes and injuries, seemed to be more serious ones than usual.
    Yeah...just a case of bad luck.

Nothing to do with the riders doing anything different than they've done hundreds of times before.

Just "average" crashes, but crappy luck on landing wrong or happening right in front of another rider.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Great times. Can't wait to go back in August.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Just spent a couple of awesome days at Loudon.

The next day I took ARC level 2 with Lee Parks. I really enjoyed slowing things down a bit and really dissecting and practicing in detail some of the techniques that are useful on the track. Turning some laps on the mini road course that was laid out in the parking lot at the end of the day was surprisingly fun. Not only did I get to practice my race launches, but I got to practice quickly getting used to a "new track" by finding reference marks and quickly learning to negotiate the various types of turns laid out for us.

The one thing that would complete these two days is adding a track day on day 3 to put the Arc stuff into practice right away...

Anyone else had fun these past couple days?
    The last drill looked like a lot of fun. It was great seeing you launch the twofiddy like a real racer with the clutch finely modulated and the front wheel hovering off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    The last drill looked like a lot of fun. It was great seeing you launch the twofiddy like a real racer with the clutch finely modulated and the front wheel hovering off the ground.
    The last drill was really a lot of fun! I could have kept on doing it till sunset.

They didn't ask us to launch like that, but on the 125 especially, getting a good race start is an important yet difficult skill I have yet to master, so I was just taking advantage of the opportunity!

The non-racer students must have though I was nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    like a real racer
    Wait, LIKE a real racer??? Are you implying I'm not a real racer??!!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

I had been at the track since the thursday before for the classic weekend and to end it with two days of track time was awesome!!!

I had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone. Now I am having withdrawls, the shakes, night sweats and tremors. I guess I will have to make them go away with two day's at Monticello!!!!! July 4th and 5th. I can't wait.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK