Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Great VIR!!!

Talking Great VIR!!!

Thanks you Degsy for putting together this VIR trip!
    Everything worked out great!
    Nice to see everyone down there!
    I have a lot of video to review and I'll post shots of who I got!

Our trusty rig at the West Virginia Welcome center on I-81.
    Thanks go out to Steve's dad Bob for the Pathfinder and our friend Larry for the BMW trailer. Yes, A BWM trailer carrying a Suzuki and a Honda, being pulled by a Nissan.

Steve, in our pits waiting for me to take the damn picture so we can hit the road...

My TL.

Thanks Steve for getting me and all my stuff there. Sorry I fell asleep on the way home.
    Looking forward to next time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Great VIR!!!

me rikes that trailer

Bras cause cancer.

Great VIR!!!

Originally posted by Nikon
    me rikes that trailer
    So did everybody else!
    We could have made a killing selling them!

Chris J.

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Great VIR!!!

Picture of Chris and Steve hangin' with Scott Greenwood and his family.

Great VIR!!!

Yeah, Greeny kept coming over to Steve and askin' "How the hell you getting your knee down coming down the hill?"

Chris J.

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Great VIR!!!

Originally posted by Jankster
    Yeah, Greeny kept coming over to Steve and askin' "How the hell you getting your knee down coming down the hill?"

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Great VIR!!!

Originally posted by Jankster

Bras cause cancer.

Great VIR!!!

Let me start by saying that this was an awesome trip. Thank you Derek for putting it all together.
    Chris and I got the bikes loaded on saturday to be ready for an early departure on sunday morning. We hit the road at exactly 6:00 am on sunday. We had a few hiccups on the way down, and ended up on the right route in virginia, but were on a state highway that was crazy steep and twisty up and down a few mountains. We arrived at the hotel at about 7pm and got checked in. Total mileage, 750 13 hrs. It was raining, and looked like rain for the next day as well. I was nervous a hell about the bikes at the hotel, being on an open trailer. Then the whole Pizza guy thing made it even worse, so I got up a few times in the night to check.
    Monday morning, I wake up to thunder and pouring rain. I'm thinking that the day is shot. On the way to the track it is getting even harder rain. Once we got to the track I was amazed, not a concrete wall to be seen. As a beginner I was in the classroom sessions, in the morning. This was awesome, Aaron from cornerspeed, was a great instructor. I was lucky enough to follow him during the follow the leader session, and I was pretty quickly able to pick up the line. ( it's easy when he is hanging off the bike with a knee down and is still pointing to the line with his left hand). I was able to make continued progress through the day, and even got my knee down in a couple of turns . I tried not to push to hard the frist day since we had another even nicer day to come. Needless to say I was exhausted by the end of the day. So Chris and I got take out on the way home adn went to our room. I wanted to be well rested for the next days riding, and driving.
    Tuesday we woke to wet ground and clear skies. In the beginners group we toke to the track 3rd so the line was pretty much dry by the time we got out there. In the 2nd or 3rd session I hooked up with an instructor and followed him for 5-6 laps. It was really great to have these guys out there. I just tried to stay on his tail, every now and again he would look back to see if I was still there, and then step it up a little more. Unfortunately on the last lap we were trying to pass a group of riders, and I didn't quite get past all of them and forced my self off the track under the bridge. No harm done, except a little mud on my bike, and stains in my leathers. Later in the morning I was able to follow degsy around, and actually kept up (at a slow pace for him). After this session it was decided that I should move to intermediate. So I grabbed an instructor, and hasd to follow him/ he folloewd me for a few laps. He gave me the thumbs up to move up. This group was alittle different, it seemed far less crowded. I was able to keep getting faster, by trying to follow faster people. By the end of the day I was getting my knee down in quite a few places( my squidly goal for the trip) and having the time of my life.I ended up skipping my last session, since my rear was junk and was starting to slide in 7&14. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. Thanks again degsy!!!
    At 5:45 the fun ended we packed up fo the long trip home. Thsnk you chris for driving half the way, and buying me that red bull in the morning. We took a slightly different route to get home and arrived at 6:15, 780 miles & 12:30 later.

Total miles for trip, 1530, gas mileage +/- 12.5 mpg

'04 600RR