Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NYST on the 25th

NYST on the 25th

What is the general consensus about camping vs hotel'ing at NYST? Never been. Can sleep in the back of my truck under the cap.

Is there any electricity available? I'd rather not drag my huge generator down there, but I just LOVE having warmers. If I do end up bringing it, it'll be running, so I can offer to share with a bunch of people to utilize it properly. 6000 watts of tire heat and cell phone charging.

Is the on-site food vendor decent?

Showers hot?

Any other considerations I should keep in mind?

Probably going to bring an EZ-Up for shade.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: NYST on the 25th

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    What is the general consensus about camping vs hotel'ing at NYST? Never been. Can sleep in the back of my truck under the cap.

Is there any electricity available? I'd rather not drag my huge generator down there, but I just LOVE having warmers. If I do end up bringing it, it'll be running, so I can offer to share with a bunch of people to utilize it properly. 6000 watts of tire heat and cell phone charging.

Is the on-site food vendor decent?

Showers hot?

Any other considerations I should keep in mind?

Probably going to bring an EZ-Up for shade.
    I've slept in a truck or some type of trailer at the track every time I have been there.

No electricity unless you are in a few chosen few parking spots and get permission/pay for it so generator isn't a bad idea.

On site food for breakfast and lunch is pretty decent. Same as any track really, decent food kind of expensive but that is the price you pay for convenience.

Bathrooms/showers are pretty good so shouldn't be an issue there.

EZ-up definitely a good idea for shade and general weather protection. If it rains it usually rains pretty good and having a little place to stay dry is nice.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

Food is only open at certain times, so bring some if you want to eat between sessions. No electricity as mentioned. There aren't any hotels right next door but a 10-15 minute drive will get you to a bunch. Not sure about shower. Def bring an EZ up

0 Not allowed!

I much prefer staying at the track. It's gorgeous there and a fun atmosphere. I think the food is a cut above as the russian family that owns the place makes everything home made. Brekkie sandwiches are killer. not sure about lunch as I usually make my own.

The weather is even more changeable than loudon, so be prepared for 4 seasons. Track has lots of grip. warmers are a luxury, but not needed with pirelli tires.

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Cat herder

Bring a bicycle. If you don't snag a spot on the upper road near the building/hot pit, you'll wind up down the hill in the ghetto--er, lower paddock. It's a long hike up to the rest rooms, classroom and showers. No portajohns so if you gotta go, better make sure you can hold it until you get to the main building.

If you bring that big-ass generator, please don't be that guy who runs it all friggin' night.

1 Not allowed!

I'd only run the generator throughout the day and only if I found a bunch of other people who could benefit from it as well.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

The parallel spots in the above image are reserved for season pass members IIRC

0 Not allowed!

Last time I was there for a 2-day. Camped in a tent overnight. Zero issues worth reporting. I was still running "street" tires and not race rubber (Q2's at the time). I did not use warmers and did not wish for them. I was in the 'ghetto' area. Staff really wanted to squeeze us in like sardines. Weekend was undersold and so there was no need. We quickly spread out on our own. But I guess things are tighter on a normal weekend.
    One guy ran a genny all day for his warmers. I wanted to strangle him. Loud, annoying.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Bring a bicycle. If you don't snag a spot on the upper road near the building/hot pit, you'll wind up down the hill in the ghetto--er, lower paddock. It's a long hike up to the rest rooms, classroom and showers. No portajohns so if you gotta go, better make sure you can hold it until you get to the main building.

If you bring that big-ass generator, please don't be that guy who runs it all friggin' night.
    Thanks for that image and heads up. I wish I could join you guys for the 25th with TTD but I had to take advantage of this upcoming weekend while the wifey is out of town, so I'll be there for the first time both days. Intending to camp there with a tent. Weather as mentioned seems mountainous, looks like this weekend we might have another wet second morning.

0 Not allowed!
    2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2007 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    The parallel spots in the above image are reserved for season pass members IIRC
    I don't think this applies to our days. Staff typically parks up there, but we are open!

1 Not allowed!
    You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Middle Brook Bed and Breakfast
    631 Vanduesen Rd
    Davenport, NY, 13750
    (607) 278-5718
    Distance from NYST: 2 mi

This BnB is great, right next to the track. Reasonably priced, and the super nice couple that runs the place is happy to accommodate track-type folks.

0 Not allowed!

Cat herder

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post
    Thanks for that image and heads up. I wish I could join you guys for the 25th with TTD but I had to take advantage of this upcoming weekend while the wifey is out of town, so I'll be there for the first time both days. Intending to camp there with a tent. Weather as mentioned seems mountainous, looks like this weekend we might have another wet second morning.
    You probably know this already, but expect a different kind of experience when not riding with TTD. Things can get just a bit chaotic at times (just MHO). Been there twice when it wasn't run by TTD and while the riding was great, let's just say I greatly prefer it when Tony's running the show. My experience was that the speed (and aggressiveness) differential within groups was noticeably greater, and the level of oversight less. Tony runs a tight ship and seems to attract responsible, safety-oriented riders, moreso than other organizations.

Not slamming NYST or other organizations at all. Just observing that not all track days are the same. Matter of preference.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I don't think this applies to our days. Staff typically parks up there, but we are open!
    Gotcha! I didn't realize it wasn't a regular NYST day

0 Not allowed!

You probably know this already, but expect a different kind of experience when not riding with TTD. Things can get just a bit chaotic at times (just MHO). Been there twice when it wasn't run by TTD and while the riding was great, let's just say I greatly prefer it when Tony's running the show. My experience was that the speed (and aggressiveness) differential within groups was noticeably greater, and the level of oversight less. Tony runs a tight ship and seems to attract responsible, safety-oriented riders, moreso than other organizations.

Not slamming NYST or other organizations at all. Just observing that not all track days are the same. Matter of preference.
    True words. Especially down here in Jersey, I once only ran 3.5 sessions on a trackday at NJMP due to the amount of crashes in intermediate (bike on bike crashes) resulting in red flags with no reset. The riding was much more aggressive and a bit unnerving at times. Fairly chaotic overall. My other experience is 3 levels worth of Superbike school, and that is run like a well oiled machine much like Tony's.

We'll see how this one goes because it looks like both NYST and EvolveGT are partnered and taking on bookings which I found odd. Either way I look forward to the next time I get to ride with TTD for sure.

0 Not allowed!
    2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2007 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Cat herder

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post

We'll see how this one goes because it looks like both NYST and EvolveGT are partnered and taking on bookings which I found odd. Either way I look forward to the next time I get to ride with TTD for sure.
    Yeah, when I went the first time it was with some sort of Penguin/TPM event, and they had the "native" NYST riders out at the same time. Basically three organizations sharing the track for the day. I think that's where a lot of the chaos comes from... people just aren't on the same page at any given moment.

I have video from that day of me passing a slower rider at about +30 or +40 mph, then getting passed myself by a much faster rider with the same speed differential. That means we had speed differences of 60-80 mph on track.

Would very much like to hear your impressions of EvolveGT.

0 Not allowed!

The only part that we "reserve" at our days is the area sort of opposite Pit Entry (under the word ZIMMERMAN RD in the photo). This is where we'll setup Tech inspection and Pirelli Tire service... and hold the Riders Meetings.

We appreciate if you could leave the Parallel spots closest to that area also, as we try to get as many staff in that area as possible. They are constantly going between Tech and the Classroom, so this helps them out.

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

I have video from that day of me passing a slower rider at about +30 or +40 mph, then getting passed myself by a much faster rider with the same speed differential. That means we had speed differences of 60-80 mph on track.
    I can't even imagine where that's possible on that track lol. Entering T1 is the only place the slowest rider could possibly be doing more than 40 mph with that speed differential

0 Not allowed!

Probably just "felt" like 30mph. Same way it feels like your tire steps out 2 feet and in reality moves 2 inches.

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

I'll second that. Looking forward to hitting a TTD at NYST. I doubt I'll go w. the regulars at NYST or when evolve is there. The guys on the 300's think they are in Moto3. Aggressive is one way to put it.

0 Not allowed!

Do they allow camping on the night of the 23rd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

Yes... you can arrive after 7pm if you are not riding on Saturday. They have a full day Saturday so it will take a while for them to all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by ckline View Post
    Do they allow camping on the night of the 23rd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

So who is running the event on that the 23rd

0 Not allowed!
    Need a firearms dealer or instructor? MinutemanArmament.com (Discounts for NESR)
    (3) Ducati 998, (8) Ducati 916, a heartless 1997 Ducati 916 SPS

High maintenance priss

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    Yes... you can arrive after 7pm if you are not riding on Saturday. They have a full day Saturday so it will take a while for them to all get out.
    To add to this: the latest you can get into the track is still 10 or 11p, right? They typically won't answer the phone / unlock the gate after that right?

In case anyone has to show up late: camp at the Walmart. It's open 24x7 which is convenient for facilities and whatnot if you don't have a decked-out rig.

0 Not allowed!

The track itself is running the 23rd.

I believe 10pm is the latest to arrive.

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Cat herder

Just saw the paid rider list for NYST. At the moment, it's 44 people TOTAL on Monday!

Just 51 on Sunday. Clear track... clear track EVERYWHERE....

C'mon, people. Pull the trigger and keep this on the schedule.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast