Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

0-180 MPH in 6.9 Seconds, The Redbird , This real ?

Question 0-180 MPH in 6.9 Seconds, The Redbird , This real ?

Hey , I was just cruising around the internet for motorcycles and this came up. It's Robin's motorcycle from the Batman and Robin movie. The link is here http://www.firstmoto.ch/gallery/prototype/Redbird.html
    . . . Just wondering if this bike is real , because it seems like they have real bikes on the site under prototypes. Also it says "Top Speed : 0 to 180 mph in 6.9 seconds ; TFX road tested the Redbird at 100 mph. " What is TFX ? and also is this bike even street legal (even though there was probably only 1 made if this bike is real)?
    Thx in Advance

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

eh, NO to sum it up for ya

A stock cbr 600 puts out 95 horsepower and would do a quarter mile at best in 10.5 with a speed around 120....

so no....

Sounds more hype and go cart like to me:

Size : 10.5 feet long
    Engine : Single 600cc Honda prototype with 95 horsepower
    Top Speed : 0 to 180 mph in 6.9 seconds ; TFX road tested the Redbird at 100 mph.
    Special Features : Electro-luminescent paper on the bike's wheels illuminate the Robin logo.
    Look For : You can't miss it - the Redbird's involved in more stunts than any other vehicle in the film.

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

maybe downhill, with a 150 mph tailwind! LOL!

Pro stock dragbikes are in that range, and it takes almost 1500 CC's of 4 cylinder power to do it....Maybe that's what Nick Hayden has in his RC-51! is this new 600 cc single!
    Now, if it was supercharged with 38lbs of boost, and maybe ran on Nitro methane, the explosion probably would propel it fast enough...

Actually, I think it's a misprint...They apparently meant 180 Kilometers/hr that would be more like it...108 mph
    Due to the fact that the site comes from Europe...

Last edited by TLRMan; 07-06-02 at 10:17 PM.
    Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

oh I see , What is the fastest bike that is street legal that can run 0-180 mph in a pretty fast time ? ( I just wanna know because it's been boggling my mind about how fast a bike can go )

ok.... Remember the NESR logo.. It's not how fast you ride, its how you ride fast

But to answer your question the fastest out of the box showroom bike you can buy is a Suzuki Hyabusa or a Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R. Which is good for going fast and straight. It has a top speed stock of over 190. Anything faster than these already insane bikes leads to.....

I don't know you or how and if you ride, but if all you want to do is have the fastest bike on the planet and still drive it on the street, maybe I can recommend that you buy a big life insurance policy and leave me as the beneficiary. Because either your days are numbered alive or your days are numbered out of the state dept of corrections.

I can repeat something Nicky Hayden the current AMA Superbike points leader had said to the tune ... Any of these stock liter bikes is more bike than any of us riders could ever handle. They can out ride any of us beyond any of our limits. So if your going spend money on improving power with pipes and etc. your better spending money on a Superbike school to learn to ride first.

Last edited by snowborder; 07-07-02 at 08:13 PM.
    2001 RC51!!!

I actually just started riding , but I was just wondering how the fastest bike compares to some of my friend's cars. I have no intent on buying such a fast bike. Just looking around at the specs of bikes out of curiosity because it seems like there arn't much motorcycle sites that give the fastest street legal motorcycle and stuff.

actually correct me if I am wrong someone, but I think there is some new stupid law that prohibits manufacturers from "publishing" top speeds.

Remember though, you can always mod out a stock bike quite a bit to gain tons of power and top end. Gearing, exhausts, removing of restricting things like turn signals, fenders, reflectors etc...., cams, pistons, fuel.........etc......etc... Thats after you pass Freddy Spencers Superbike School.

I must admit, i put a new exhaust can etc. and I will be the first person to tell you that my bike CAN OUTRIDE ME ANY DAY! and I didn't go to school yet for riding yet!

2001 RC51!!!

see if you dare . . .

Well , my dad really tells me to go slow , and he shows me pictures of what happens to people that don't go slow. He showed me this picture when he bought me the bike , this thing scared the living shit outta me for that night , so if you dare to see it goto http://vatican.rotten.com/motorcycle/ . Also there are more motorcycle accident picures and other stuff at rotten.com . Extremely nasty site , but if you got a son/friend who is going to kill themselves going fast or something just send em this site and it's gonna set them straight.

Also I found some information about the Hayabusa , it goes 0-60 in under 3 seconds and has a top speed ~192 . Dang thats a fast bike , I probably an't gonna get it though , I an't got the money or the ballz. lol , Good information to know though , when someone is bragging about their civic doing 0-60 in 7.1 seconds.

The top speed of the hyabusa and zx12 are electronically limited to 300 kph 186 mph...The manufacturers were presented with this in Europe, and all agreed to do this because of pressure from respecting governments. At the time they did this, people stateside, (magazines), didn't know they did it. So when they took the Busa, and the Kaw out to see who had the fastest bike, they both posted speeds around 184 - 186mph. This is where it stays.
    You can get a box that will bypass the limiter, but what for?

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.