Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

00-01 YZF R6

00-01 YZF R6

Hello people...

I have a 99EX500, been riding since May, took the riding course, road about 3K this summer...

I am thinking of upgrading, I like the look of the R6...thinking of trading my bike toward a used 00-01 R6 if I can find one in March/April...

Any thoughts? From all your experience what will I feel different, I know the power, but what else?

Any thoughts on this bike? I read the reviews which all are good...

Kevin

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

00-01 YZF R6

Love it!!!! I went from a ninja600 and got the R6 boyfriend rides and R1 and he likes it would rather see me on an R1 but the 6 is doing great had carb issues and I have heard that alot..... but, I brought it to a guy in New York and had it jetted the bike is sweet will be gearing it down this year but for the most part on the highways I keep up with the big boars and a good rider with the R6 won't let ppl touch them in the twisties. there has been a few ppl from the NESR that I have let take the bike for a spin and the all where impressed and most have R1's

00-01 YZF R6

will be gearing it down this year

for wheelieing?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

00-01 YZF R6

After it got jetted it has been to easy wheelieing.. I am gearing it down for more racing at the dragway looking forward to getting up there alot more this year. The first time I went I had a blast but, I was against 5 R1's like to improve my times and also so it doesn't look like I am riding like a girl ........

00-01 YZF R6

I have to get up there to the drag strip this year. Jen you up for a rematch?

Lets light em up?

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

00-01 YZF R6

Kevin,

You simply cannot go wrong with the R6. If you treat it with respect, get to know it - and your skills - with the right timing, it will be a blast.:cool

You will be impressed with the power, the looks, the riding position (sport), and the RAZOR SHARP handling of this bike. It is truly bred for racing, and you can tell every time you take it out for a quick spin. Getting to know the bike properly is the only way to go - and will pay dividends...

I just bought an R6. Because the model years have been relatively similar, and because I intend to use this strictly for a track bike, I was looking more for the condition, mileage, and overall care the bike had experienced. I found a 1999 model (my favorite color scheme in red/white/black), and the bike is SWEET! I got it from a guy who had a large family, and didn't get to ride - he also lived in Denver where the winters kept him off the bike (like the Northeast). Anyway, the bike has only 1,224 miles on it (not a typo), and it is in literally SHOWROOM condition. I picked it up with a cover and a rear stand for almost half of what the original buyer spent.

Do your homework, get on the internet, and invest an evening or two in the search. You will be surprised at what you can find. Don't be afraid to drive a bit to get that super deal (although there are enough around that you shouldn't have to go far...

cRa1g
    2000 YZF-R1
    1999 Ducati 996 S
    1999 YZF-R6 (race)

00-01 YZF R6

Craig,

Thanks for the info, by the way sounds like you got a fantastic deal...

Kevin