Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

03 Naked SV (650)

Lifer

Lightbulb 03 Naked SV (650)

Saw one today at GBM. I had asked the sales guy to pull out a VFR so I could sit on it. The SV was right in front of the VFR and he had to move it.

For some reason I looked at the new SV and without even thinking recognized it as a bandit. Maybe it was the tank or something.

The new frame makes the bike look bigger from the front/side I think. The tank looks smaller from the rear. The tail looks *horrible*. I never cut the fender of my SV, but I would cut it immediately if I had an 03. (Reminds me of some of the awful Buell tail sections) I don't think I'm crazy about the new instrument cluster either, even though it sounds like it is functionally better, and it probably won't break in a crash like the 99-02 instrument clusters.

It really looks like a totally new bike. If you took the stickers off and never told me it was an SV I wouldn't recognize it.

All that said after riding back from the Gap I am craving a bigger bike (physically, not power-wise) and I think I'm going to consider selling my SV to try and get a VFR... If I could only find someone to go riding with and swap bikes for a few miles.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

03 Naked SV (650)

i hear cookie may be offering deals on a falco...

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

03 Naked SV (650)

lots of cash? how about $2000 in ones? that's a lot of cash.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

03 Naked SV (650)

wow this blows , when I get my SV , it seems like everyone else gets rid of their SV , lol.

SEThompson selling his
    Bret selling his
    DeathMetal Missing in action and then found out that he crashed his bike from ODFU
    And now it looks like Ben is giving up the SV too , lol.

Re: 03 Naked SV (650)

Originally posted by benSV
    All that said after riding back from the Gap I am craving a bigger bike (physically, not power-wise) and I think I'm going to consider selling my SV to try and get a VFR... If I could only find someone to go riding with and swap bikes for a few miles.

Ben
    Hey Ben... I'm out your way often for the PD Academy... maybe we could set something up... My 02' is identical to the 03'...

that or I hope to have it up at the track at some point this year...

Drop me an email... who knows when the weather will cooperate... but I ride it to the Academy whenever I can...

Lata,
    Mike

Lifer

03 Naked SV (650)

Cool.

I'd love to come out to the Worcester area sometime and go riding too, maybe you could show me some twisties in that area. My knowledge of the roads in Western MA needs an upgrade.

Thanks,
    Ben

03 Naked SV (650)

I was up at GBM last week. That VFR was tucked all the way in the back. The salesman must've been pissed.

How'd you like that chromed out 954 in the front window? They are asking 15 and change for it.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Lifer

03 Naked SV (650)

Didn't even notice it...

I could walk by a bike with a chromed frame/swingarm/wheels and not even notice it wasn't stock unless I really did a double-take.

I have to check, I may need an oil filter, in which case I will go back and check out that 954.

Ben

03 Naked SV (650)

Originally posted by benSV
    I could walk by a bike with a chromed frame/swingarm/wheels and not even notice it wasn't stock unless I really did a double-take.
    Yeh i hear ya. I went to look specifically at the 954's tho, so I noticed.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

VFRs...saw a couple

Hey Ben-

Did GBM still have the used VFR in the BMW showroom? Did they move it into the other room? If they didn't mention it..it might be worth asking about (although I saw 2 weeks ago). It was in great shape

Also, this past Sat. I stopped into MOMs in NH....they have 3 used VFRs....I saw 2 and they were in good shape.

BTW-how was the trip?

Pearldog]

Lifer

03 Naked SV (650)

Hmm.. nope. I don't think they have any used ones out anymore. There are at least 2 new ones already sold too waiting to be delivered.

I took my SV in this morning, I checked out the custom 954. It is indeed bad-ass. I love the double pipes on one side. It doesn't hold a candle to the incredible R6 we saw down in Tennesee though. That was the baddest custom bike I've ever seen. The guy had 100% redone the bike in custom carbon fiber in his garage, with hidden turn signals that popped out on servos when you turned on the signal... absolutely incredible. The trip was a blast. I didn't really miss having a radar detector at all.

Ben

Re: Re: 03 Naked SV (650)

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    exactly the same tail as the SV 1000... they had the 650 and the 1000 sitting beside each other in Swansea, same color... couldn't tell 'em apart
    The SV1000 has dual exhaust and a belly pan. other than that, hey are nearly identical.