Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

06 Hondas = superblah

Lifer

Thumbs down 06 Hondas = superblah

Wow Honda is really getting boring.

First, this is the first time in 20+ years the VFR didn't get redesigned on its 4 year cycle. There have been 4 years of V-5 rumors, 1000cc VFR rumors, a few months ago Honda's CEO dropped a rumor that they were making a bike that had VTEC + VCM which seemed highly likely to be the VFR, that would have given it like 70mpg economy.

So what do they do? They fix the ECU that caused Wayne to sell his VFR and get that pimped out Ducati. After 4 years of VFR owners all over the world complaining the FI sucked and needed to be fixed, all kinds of efforts to fix it once and for all with power commanders, 02 eliminators, custom dyno tunes, etc.. Honda doesn't help at all and then has the nuts to change it for the 2006 model after denying the problem. (They moved the VTEC transition from 6800 -> 6400 rpm and say they have redone the ECU) Oh and they added clear signal lenses! Woohoo.

The only bike they revamped for real was the CBR1000RR.

Then they added Satellite navigation and an airbag to the Gold wing. Holy nuts.

I'm not getting rid of my VFR tomorrow or anything, and my FI is improved over stock but this whole thing pisses me off enough I'll be getting a Triumph, BMW, or even maybe a Buell whenever the new bike bug bites me next.

I am really thinking if Soichiro Honda was still alive there would be a V-5 monster bike out by now, maybe a replacement for the blackbird, etc.. but they sure seem like they are getting more and more boring every year.

I guess I would change my mind if Honda offered the new ECU mapping to 02-05 owners but unlike other companies Honda doesn't seem to do that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

06 Hondas = superblah

that sucks.. at least honda's bikes aren't as boring as their cars (with the exception of the s2000).

Banned

06 Hondas = superblah

I agree, the '06 Hondas, megablah.

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

Originally posted by bump909
    that sucks.. at least honda's bikes aren't as boring as their cars (with the exception of the s2000).
    On the contrary the cars seem to be pretty darn good. My RSX has been utterly flawless, can't belive how perfect it's been. The new Civic Si looks totally bad ass for what it is. (Wait till you hear how amazing it sounds on a downshift, it's like a Ferrari)

But yah they are ignoring the zillions of people who want a V-8 ridgeline or a V-8 RWD Acura, etc..

06 Hondas = superblah

honda, there line-up is a snore fest. i'll be looking elsewere for a possable trade in the future. i'm not brand loyal anyway but if they had done right by the vfr i would have most likely bought a new one.

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

Ben, Being you ride a VFR you have a biased opinion. Realize that the world does not revolve around you and your needs. The VFR will not get honda's cutting edge technology or countless hours of engeneering inovation simply because that's what you ride. The money is in the supersport motorcycles that every newbie wants, not in the sport tourers, and what it comes down to with those supersports is weight, horsepower, championships, and how cool you look on them. Honda has been around a long time. I'd bet a shiney nickle they have some idea of what they're doing.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

I know it's not about me.

The whole lineup is a snooze. If I was looking for a Supersport bike I would not be even considering a Honda, it'd be all Suzuki or Kawasaki without even bothering to really look at the CBR600RR/1000RR.

The disappointment with the VFR has to do with the fact that the bike was THE Honda bike for years and years, and Honda has disappointed people for 5 years now, and the arrogance to not listen to the loyal customers. The VFR is a cult bike and the cult is furious this morning. There was a HUGE amount of anticipation that a) The VFR would get "fixed" and would be 1000cc b) There would be a V-5 hyperbike that would replace the VFR c) There would be a replacement for the CBR1000XX.

I don't know if you ride Hondas or are an HRCA member but if you are an HRCA member you'd get the stupid magazine and realize even the strong selling supersport bikes are kind of treated like a necessary evil by Honda. They'll barely mention the new CBR1000RR, they never really have any sport riding articles, and they'll probably devote 20 pages next month to sissy bars and chrome doodads for the VTX.

06 Hondas = superblah

2006 1000RR

2006 600RR

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

06 Hondas = superblah

Originally posted by hessogood
    I'd bet a shiney nickle they have some idea of what they're doing.
    then again, your opinion is biased as well.

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

then again, your opinion is biased as well.
    How so?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

06 Hondas = superblah

don't you own and race hondas?

06 Hondas = superblah

and don't ride anything but honda's...

the 1000';s fairings are cut WAY better then the previous years...they sure are purdy

06 Hondas = superblah

dont ask me why, but for some reason I like that yellow and blue one.

The orange one is

06 Hondas = superblah

06 Hondas = superblah

Originally posted by katana0215
    dont ask me why, but for some reason I like that yellow and blue one.
    so does batgirl..

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

Yup, CBR600RR, CBR929RR, had a shadow 1100. Also have had a kawi and a zuki, have rode many other hondas, VFR, Stupidhawk, F4, F4i, 900rr's, and R1's, GSXR's, ZX636, 10Rs, R6's....and worked on many of 'em. I didn't think we were comparing them to other manufacturers here, just commenting on their company's credability and industry history as well as them not improving the VFR and focusing on other models.

So, I went and read the short blurb on honda's website. What a surprise, they took the 1000RR, upped the horsepower, reduced the weight, bragged about the motogp titles, and I believe commented on how cool it looks. I should be in marketing, it's so simple.

Lifer

06 Hondas = superblah

Didn't really mean to start a ruckus.

As far as the VFR I'd have been more impressed if they just killed it all together and introduced something new & different.

If I can get the 2006 ECU and swap it into my bike I will probably do so, I just think they should have done this way back in 2002 or 2003 and offered it as a recall/TSB. If they made it so it won't go on the 02-05 bikes and they totally hold the line it's total BS and it probably would get me to get rid of the bike and go buy a bike from a different company.

06 Hondas = superblah

What's up with the 06 600RR?
    Any changes announced?

If they keep it the same its gonna get stomped again by the others.
    I'd like to get a more modern 600 but the
    600RR is looking pretty dated and heavy next to the new R6 in bumble bee livery !

06 Hondas = superblah

the styling on the 1000RR is SO SO SO MUCH BETTER!

Thank goodness!

06 Hondas = superblah

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    Degsy's new ride..
    http://www.naisp.net/gjarvis/A_Cat/daytona6757qa.jpg
    yes please!

06 Hondas = superblah

I have an o3 600rr and I must say I like it better than any of the other 600's out there. I think it looks better and the stability and handling is great. Not to mention the reliability is second to none on the market. Although the new R6's are looking pretty sharp

06 Hondas = superblah

Honda, boring?

Way...

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Littering and........

06 Hondas = superblah

I have to agree with BenVFR. Honda has been working their way towards the generic, cookie-cutter sportbike for years. I'd like to see them take a few chances, like Suzuki did with that god awful-ugly Hayabusa, or the exhaust on the GSXR-1000. They both sort of grow on you after a while.

I also have owned Hondas (older, mid to late 90's VFRs), and they're super tough bikes, but none of the new ones really appeals to me.

06 Hondas = superblah

The unit pro link suspension, undertail exhaust, weight distribution, the guts to not cut the weight but to reposition it to make a very stable bike. I don't think there is anything cookie cutter about them. Plus they crash better than any other brand. How many cracked frames and totalled honda's do you hear about from low speed get offs. If anything I give them credit for not following the path of the other makers. With bikes that don't sacrafice build quality for lighter weights.

06 Hondas = superblah

seems like all the views are based on the visual of the bike

like the educated poster above me pointed out, its what is on the inside that counts

(ok, so not above me, but that last post on the previous page ...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast