Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

06 Hondas = superblah

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

06 Hondas = superblah

Just a thought here but we probably will not see a V-5 production bike with the typical 1000 cc displacement until the boys in MotoGP move to the 800 cc rules package. This is mainly because there are rules in MotoGP that state that the motors of their race bikes cannot utilize production parts and must be purely developmental prototype engines. Now once they switch the rules package I would think that Honda would jump all over that and try to recoup a bunch of the R&D dollars they have dumped into the RC211V by making they new CBR1000RR based upon the motor in the RC211V. Here's hoping they do this because if so I will probably once again ride red and buy one.

L8R

Joel

P.S. I don't recall any time that the VFR was "the Honda" The VFR quite frequently gets the technologically interesting engineering exercises included on it however this does not make it "the Honda" If I recall correctly the past few "the Honda" bikes have been (not in any particular order other than time) and by "the Honda" I mean the bike Honda has marketed as it's flagship sport bike.

CBR1000RR
    RC51
    RC45
    RC30

Note that during the RC51 years the 929RR and 954RR were not "the Honda" just another available sport bike option from the big red machine also the CBR900RR which existed in the years of the RC30 and RC45 fits the same profile as well. Until you go back to the eighties with the interceptor 750 bikes that fast Freddie Spencer raced I don't think there was a VFR that was "the Honda" which may have even been usurped by the NSR750 oval pistoned project they had going at the time.

I realize that the VFR diehards out there will try to make the arguement that the RC45 and RC30 are just raced out VFRs however just because they had the V four powerplant does not a VFR them make.

Oh well, just another country heard form on this one.................

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

06 Hondas = superblah

Hey I'm still waiting (and will die waiting) for a updated Hawk GT to compete with the SV650.

Honda dropped the Superhawk for 06 as well Great bike right there.

I agree. I'm a Honda fan.. but their bikes have been pretty boring the last few years. TAKE SOME RISKS.

ps: Great marketing is not simple.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Boston --> San Diego

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12