Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

09' CBR600RR

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

09' CBR600RR

Going to look at one this weekend. Anything particular with this year CBR that i should look for? With only 10k on the odometer and a solid price, im hoping it is as mint as it looks in the photos.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Re: 09' CBR600RR

they are never as mint in person as they are in the photos....

If you are looking for a cheap Leo Vince pipe there is a slipon for sale on Craigslist brand new (Worcester MA) for like $250.00

If it doesn't say "Kawasaki" on it, move on.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

The 09's changed a little bit from the previous two years, but my 07 has been pretty bulletproof. I believe the changes were mostly cosmetic and they added ABS. Is it an ABS model or no?

I've got almost 58k miles on mine now. I opened the valve cover once to check and everything was right where it should be. Haven't bothered since. Typical maintenance otherwise. The right (clutch) side cover has started weeping a little oil from around the rubber grommet for the wire that's there, but I think that might be more from me throwing it along the pavement at NHMS 4 years ago. A little sealant and it should be fine.

Otherwise its a typical Japanese supersport. Just check the usual, leaks, noises, if things are loose.

unfortunately its not ABS but for the price i can deal lol.

yea between my R6 and GSXR ive learned to look for a few things and not just buy on impulse and without doing a little digging with a flashlight.

"Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

I had an 09 with ABS for 27,000 miles and 7 track days. One dead battery after 3 years and that was it, no issues at all. Basically same bike as 07-08 with more bodywork covering the engine and a few less HP on top due to an ECU change that year (can be fixed with a ZBomb, Dynojet IRC, or 07-08 ECU if it matters).

Great bike.

2013 ZX6R-636

I just got in a 2012 CBR 600 with 2200 miles that im selling for $6500 if interested

Adrenaline Cycle
    Swansea,MA

Dyno Jet Tuning Center
    Apparel
    Fabrication
    Powder Coating
    Paint
    Service
    Engine service
    Race Bike Prep
    Used OEM Parts
    Track bike rentals

ADRENALINECYCLEINC.COM
    Like us on Facebook
    [IMG]http://www.facebook.com/AdrenalineCycle1?ref=hl

Mine has been great. I've abused it on the streets, track & raced it. Nothing but love for my Honda!

Exactly what others have said- bullet proof! I have an 07 and have put 15k miles on it, all on the track. Do your Oil changes and ride the hell out of it! I keep expecting issues at some point but she just keeps rolling. 07-12 is basically same bike except ECU and bodywork mentioned. Plenty of used and aftermarket part support. I don't think I've heard of any other issues at all with these? It's sprung from factory for a 190-200 lb rider which helps too.

I think my only complaint would be the front handlebar/fairing area is really compact/tight so aftermarket clipons and bar adjustments are a pain. Also getting to certain parts of the bike can be a pain if you have big hands or it's harder to access vs other bikes. Replacing a throttle cable for example is much easier on a gsxr than the CBR IMO.

Ended up picking up an 08 with 10k on it. Talked with the guy for a few minutes and he ended up throwing in a Honda racing cover for it. Now it will at least look pretty this winter just sitting there. Took it for a rip Monday after getting my plate for it, besides the guy using armorall on the seat causing me to end up on the tank under breaking... it seems solid

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Congrats! Nice machine!

Yea, after spending a season riding a naked SV... im glad to be back on a I4