Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Iceland from the saddle (4k timelapse)

Iceland from the saddle (4k timelapse)

So I did a 10 day motorcycle tour of Iceland recently. It was epic, I could go on and on about it. Lots of pictures. Lots of video. And then this... giant, long assed timelapse.

It's hard to watch if you easily get motion sick, and ***it's way too long*** for a normal person to sit through the whole thing... BUT, there are some great moments. Have a look, skip around. It's in 4k video format on youtube, so if you let it cache a bit you can pause and see lots of detail.

http://youtu.be/mzNjz_MPWMQ

Cheers

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Re: Iceland from the saddle (4k timelapse)

that's awesome, if you don't mind me asking how much does a trip like this cost, this sounds something I would love to do and I've been wanting to go to Iceland for years.

I'm also guessing you rented the bikes you used.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Iceland from the saddle (4k timelapse)

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    that's awesome, if you don't mind me asking how much does a trip like this cost, this sounds something I would love to do and I've been wanting to go to Iceland for years.

I'm also guessing you rented the bikes you used.
    I don't mind at all.

Our trip was a bit of a bargain price because we had a friend on the inside who helped us customize room & board arrangements. So instead of having a chase van with luggage and spares, we just had a tour guide who was a bit of a mechanic. And instead of staying at plush hotels we stayed at small inn's, cottages, and even a hostel at one point. We also paid for all the meals (except breakfast which was included pretty much everywhere)

The tour+room+bike rental was around $5700 for me. I rented the BMW F800GS. But it would have been $5200 if I'd have gone with the 650. I am not a big fan of BMW GS's (so slow and heavy), but it was a comfy ride.

Flight from Logan was $900 round trip.

You can just rent a bike and tour around your self, find your own accommodations etc. If you check out www.rmc.is/en/biking-viking/ you can see the various tours and rental prices on their site.

If you can get him, Thorgeir Olason is likely the best motorcycle guide you'll ever find in Iceland. He knows his country very well, is an exceptional mechanic, and is a national Enduro and Ice racing champ. Plus, he's about the coolest character I've ever hung out with.

Highly recommended!

p.s. Iceland in general is VERY expensive!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!