Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Go 100 MPH go to Jail?

Banned

Re: Go 100 MPH go to Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    Once again Degsy, you got nothin

PhilB,
    Your as off as Degsy.
    "Police can and do fuck up your life", love to hear your paranoid views on that one also
    Ask around and you will see fear of a ticket or arrest is what stops people from speeding not the thought of personal injury
    Your personal opinion does appear strong but your comments on police only lead me to believe you are not and have never been one... Until then your comments don't hold water
    But your ticket funding the highway system deal is about right otherwise taxes would smother you

ok. I got nothing. Lets see.

You say its paranoia to think police can and do fuck
    up people's lives.
    If you think that doeant happen, you're living under a rock.

You say "ask around" and you will see it is fear of a ticket or arrest that makes people drive at the speed limit. "Ask around" where? The station locker room? That's how they make cops feel better about writing traffic tickets. It's bullshit. Completely untrue. "Ask around" any of the actual studies that have been done on the matter. Some of which are linked in this thread. Are you blind or illiterate?

Until you've been one your comments don't hold water?
    Fuck off. Only a cop knows about road safety? More training bullshit. Im sure they told you that cops arw automatically better drivers and can drive as fast and close as they want, right?

Without highway tickets, taxes would smother you?
    Wow, you are completely indoctrinated, aren't you?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    The comical part of this is I'm not the biggest fan of cops at all, I just find the normal public service hate and ignorance from some of you guys just dumb. Gregg and Degsy have exhibited a basic lack of knowledge on the topic but have the most outspoken anti-public services attitudes. Sorry guys, I like both of you but your uninformed ranting about the topic makes you look like asses.

Wow. Way to make me seem anti firefighter and medic. Nice.

I know A LOT more about how the police work than you might think. There are ways amd means. Secret forums arent always as secret at people think, and cops LOVE to jerk each other off online.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You should think about sharing that knowledge.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Degsy,
    Again all opinion. No fact
    Go to sleep angry man, you had a bad forum day, from page #1

The comical part of this is I'm not the biggest fan of cops at all, I just find the normal public service hate and ignorance from some of you guys just dumb. Gregg and Degsy have exhibited a basic lack of knowledge on the topic but have the most outspoken anti-public services attitudes. Sorry guys, I like both of you but your uninformed ranting about the topic makes you look like asses.
    Slow your roll buddy you have got to admit the second a leo knows you are a ff they treat you differently unlike the rest of us peasants. Buddy of mine used to just throw his jacket in the back of his bimmer and drive like a mad man, cops saw the jacket and let him go. Professional courtesy, I don't suppose your veteran plate on your bike ever got you out of a ticket?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    Degsy,
    Again all opinion. No fact
    Go to sleep angry man, you had a bad forum day, from page #1

Come out or fuck off. Stop beating your chest. It's pathetic.

My views on cops are well known here amd I stand by them. Like it or not, you can't say i dont stand by my statements.

You dont even know what a bad day on this forum is, newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

You dont even know what a bad day on this forum is, newbie.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Slow your roll buddy you have got to admit the second a leo knows you are a ff they treat you differently unlike the rest of us peasants. Buddy of mine used to just throw his jacket in the back of his bimmer and drive like a mad man, cops saw the jacket and let him go. Professional courtesy, I don't suppose your veteran plate on your bike ever got you out of a ticket?

I haven't always been a veteran or a firefighter and I have had a tickets, as a civilian, as active duty, veteran, and veteran and firefighter. So no, I do not have immunity. Has it helped in some situations yes, in others no. You have the wrong impression of how it works, but you, like always, will assume a whole bunch about it. Do you think I started driving after I got out of the military?

-Alex

Degsy,
    Statement #1 doesn't make sense
    #2 is like a geico commercial, everyone knows that you hate cops. Awesome
    #3 refer to #1

My views on cops are well known here amd I stand by them. Like it or not, you can't say i dont stand by my statements.
    No matter how childish and prejudgemental they are.

-Alex

Banned

No matter how childish and prejudgemental they are.
    That's your opinion. Youre entitled to it. My opinion is based on my experience. Yours is based on yours.

That's your opinion. Youre entitled to it. My opinion is based on my experience. Yours is based on yours.
    You say cops are cunts, that's prejudgement by definition and not open to opinion.

-Alex

Banned

You say cops are cunts, that's prejudgement by definition and not open to opinion.

Yeah, because every interaction a person has with a cop or court does not involve that person being prejudged.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Did you learn this from arguing with children? Jesus man.

Peace.

-Alex

Banned

You are so used to how things are done you don't know or don't remember how it should be.

I used to be a big fan of LEO and justice system. Since 9-11 things have got slowly worse and worse and arent going to get better, in my opinion.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm not so sure about that last part. I think people are slowly starting to wakeup to a lot of things. Militarization of the police and the police state mentality being some of them. Whether or not it's too late to make a difference is another story.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 03-09-14 at 09:27 PM.

I haven't always been a veteran or a firefighter and I have had a tickets, as a civilian, as active duty, veteran, and veteran and firefighter. So no, I do not have immunity. Has it helped in some situations yes, in others no. You have the wrong impression of how it works, but you, like always, will assume a whole bunch about it. Do you think I started driving after I got out of the military?
    You told me in person that veterans plates get you out of tickets and you've joked about the chair force with officers that pulled you over for speeding and they let you go. You can't even pretend that having vet plates and being a firefighter doesn't get you some professional courtesy and that your experience with Leo's is anything like that of the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    You told me in person that veterans plates get you out of tickets and you've joked about the chair force with officers that pulled you over for speeding and they let you go. You can't even pretend that having vet plates and being a firefighter doesn't get you some professional courtesy and that your experience with Leo's is anything like that of the rest of us.

Did you comprehend my post? I said it helps sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, proof being I have received tickets in all stages of my life INCLUDING WHILE BEING A VET/FF. I have also been a civilian before and received tickets then and was let go as well. So no, my opinion is not based on having "immunity" as Degsy said. My opinion is based off of having a lot of interaction with cops through traffic stops my whole life. Do you get it now or do I have to explain it again?

-Alex

There are many things that can sway a cop into letting you go. Obviously military and public service get the hookup. Personally I make sure they see my dot medical card and I mention that I drive professionally. It usually gets me more respect from them and makes them feel bad because they know a ticket could cost me my job. Having a clean record helps to. Once they see you got poped once they will keep laying them on you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post

and I doubt you'll see the military convoy going 70, closer to 45mph, and that IS who the highways were built for

I looked this up because you mentioned it twice and it's a myth. The "and defense" part was added as an afterthought during the cold war. The Interstate system was built for primarily civilian use.

I looked this up because you mentioned it twice and it's a myth. The "and defense" part was added as an afterthought during the cold war. The Interstate system was built for primarily civilian use.
    The Interstate Highway System was authorized by the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 popularly known as the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956—on June 29.

it wasn't an afterthought, the cold war was already in full steam when it was first authorized

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Without Eisenhower's influence, the Act would have never passed
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System

The Interstate Highway System gained a champion in President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who was influenced by his experiences as a young Army officer crossing the country in the 1919 Army Convoy on the Lincoln Highway, the first road across America. Eisenhower gained an appreciation of the Reichsautobahn system, the first "national" implementation of modern Germany's Autobahn network as a necessary component of a national defense system while he was serving as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during World War II.[9] He recognized that the proposed system would also provide key ground transport routes for military supplies and troop deployments in case of an emergency or foreign invasion.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

just cause you read it on a government website you think its more truthful than any other ?

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Did you comprehend my post? I said it helps sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, proof being I have received tickets in all stages of my life INCLUDING WHILE BEING A VET/FF. I have also been a civilian before and received tickets then and was let go as well. So no, my opinion is not based on having "immunity" as Degsy said. My opinion is based off of having a lot of interaction with cops through traffic stops my whole life. Do you get it now or do I have to explain it again?
    I get it, you only get special treatment sometimes.