Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Go 100 MPH go to Jail?

Re: Go 100 MPH go to Jail?

I don't ride a motorcycle on the roads in New Hampshire, I tow a trailer... at significantly less than 100mph. I'm good.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Im just gonna go the speed of the highway number and plead ignorance.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I get it, you only get special treatment sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Well it doesn't fit your point of view so I shoulda guessed you'd purposefully reject it.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    118 and 302 will be interesting rides.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    118 and 302 will be interesting rides.
    I'd imagine Rte1, 2 & 3 as well.

I make a point of hitting 100mph every day I drive. makes the tickets seem less frequent and more deserving when I get them

I LOVE SPEEDING

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Well it doesn't fit your point of view so I shoulda guessed you'd purposefully reject it.
    I don't reject it, I do however give less value to your opinion because you included the instances that your credentials got you a free pass to form your overall opinion. If a police officer told me every time he /she was pulled over it was a positive experience I would give thier opinion zero value. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    ... Your personal opinion does appear strong but your comments on police only lead me to believe you are not and have never been one... Until then your comments don't hold water ...
    Ah, you have tipped your hand there. Figures; whenever people have things to say about police, the cops and ex-cops show up to tell us we should shut up and be happy with whatever we get. Thin blue line and all that.

Only those who are or were police are entitled to have any opinion about police practices and conduct? Bullshit -- pure, simple, and unadulterated. YOU are supposed to be there to serve and protect US. If you're not doing that right, we fucking well are entitled to have something to say about it.

PhilB

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

I don't reject it, I do however give less value to your opinion because you included the instances that your credentials got you a free pass to form your overall opinion. If a police officer told me every time he /she was pulled over it was a positive experience I would give thier opinion zero value. Make sense?

Like I said, it doesn't fit your opinion so you choose to misconstrue what I said that's fine but I'm done hitting my head against a wall. You've exhibited your distaste for public service enough that I should have known better.

-Alex

Try to stay off Route 3.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Banned

Like I said, it doesn't fit your opinion so you choose to misconstrue what I said that's fine but I'm done hitting my head against a wall. You've exhibited your distaste for public service enough that I should have known better.

Again, I don't believe he said anything about Public Servants that would lead anyone to think he has a distaste for them. You did the same to me and my wife is a public school
    teacher.
    Its not like you to try to discredit others by putting words in their mouths.

He and I are not criticizing firefighters/emt's. We simply stated that as part of the mass RMV permitted "professional courtesy" group, your views will be skewed and/or from a different viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Again, I don't believe he said anything about Public Servants that would lead anyone to think he has a distaste for them. You did the same to me and my wife is a public school
    teacher.

He and I are not criticizing firefighters/emt's. We simply stated that as part of the mass RMV permitted "professional courtesy" group, your views will be skewed and/or from a different viewpoint.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    teacher.

He has done more than enough ignorant criticizing of firefighters in the past to make my statement accurate annnnnd Police fall under public safety. I find it ridiculous that you guys think I came out of the womb a veteran and a firefighter or that in every interaction I've had with police they know that I was or was not. My viewpoint is from my interaction with police over my entire teenage and adult life which at different times I have been in a different group whether known to the cop or not. In retrospect, my experience is even greater than yours because I have had interactions as a member of different groups including yours. You guys have the suspect opinion because it is garnered with nothing but prejudice like "cops are cunts". So before the interaction even begins they have lost the I'm not a cunt battle. I have dealt with good and bad and take every interaction as it is, a separate interaction with a different person. This is even more ridiculous that it has to come from me. And if you knew me you'd know my opinion of the cop mentality.

In summation, I wasn't born into either class of people you fucking twits. jesus

-Alex

what pisses me of mostly about LEOs is their annoying fucking fundraising schemes, don't call me, I've already spent my annual charity budget , they call, pretending to be my best buddy to get past my reception, and try to make you believe that the Policeman's Association decal will get you leniency

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

He has done more than enough ignorant criticizing of firefighters in the past to make my statement accurate annnnnd Police fall under public safety. I find it ridiculous that you guys think I came out of the womb a veteran and a firefighter or that in every interaction I've had with police they know that I was or was not.

In summation, I wasn't born into either class of people you fucking twits. jesus

Criticizing of firefighters? Prove it. (nevermind I'll criticize all I like) edit. I think it's quite clear in my post that I understand you weren't born on the free pass list, I already explained myself in the post I quoted if you care to re-read it.

Eta now I remember, the ladder truck thing you got all offended by right? Didn't I say in that thread that no public servant is beyond reproach?

Last edited by G21forme; 03-10-14 at 04:56 PM.

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Now im excited for 112, 153, 108, 125, 152, 155, 121... the list goes on

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Criticizing of firefighters? Prove it. I think it's quite clear in my post that I understand you weren't born on the free pass list, I already explained myself in the post I quoted if you care to re-read it.

There was a thread awhile ago where you,once again, ignorantly bashed the FD for sending more trucks to runs to create overtime. Which is impossible in how the system works. You have a view that will not be changed no matter what. Ignoring or willfully misunderstanding the information is purely a way to not have to see other views. Your quote is no explanation and further shows that you choose to not understand it. You throw out years of my experiences before and after (when a cop has no knowledge of affiliation) because it doesn't fit your prejudice. It's just silly and I'm done dancing in circles with ya'lls ignorance.

-Alex

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Why dont ambulances go faster?
    I mean, I see them on the highway with lights and sirens and I pass them and im only doing 10 over. If I was in the back of that ambulance id want to see some effort to get me there before I die.
    Same with fire trucks, if your dept gets called to a 4 alarm fire, it would he nice if those trucks could get there before the fire was put out

That's a good question. Especially sense cops go speeding past my house all the time. Whats the difference? weight aside.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Why dont ambulances go faster?
    I mean, I see them on the highway with lights and sirens and I pass them and im only doing 10 over. If I was in the back of that ambulance id want to see some effort to get me there before I die.
    Same with fire trucks, if your dept gets called to a 4 alarm fire, it would he nice if those trucks could get there before the fire was put out
    The only time I ever rode in an ambulance it was not life-threatening and the EMTs told me that in that situation they must obey the speed limit. Since they had a patient aboard, they also had to have the lights on. They did not use the siren.

Haha! When I was an EMT in holyoke, it was the wild west. We drove the ever loving shit outta those rigs. They were constantly in the shop getting new rear ends. I remember on rainy day I was in the passenger seat with a particularly wild cowboy behind the wheel. We were headed for lunch I think, and we took the twistiest road in town, the steep one behind the mall. It has a wooden bridge. We were hauling ass for the conditions and when we touched the wood the weight of the rig was still transferring outta the last corner. We were instantly sideways and accelerating towards pavement. I thought we would surely highside the +-10,000 pound vehicle, or else hit the guardrail. Neither happened. The cowboy had done this many times apparently and he guided that rig perfectly between the rails never letting the big diesel come off boost!

Speed limit? Ha!! That's funny.

Last edited by Paul_E_D; 03-11-14 at 07:04 AM.
    Paul_E_D

I don't question the duty, but the title "public servants". Full time Cops/FFs/Etc are duly compensated with a fat pension. Hardly servants.

Vollie FFs at $10.50 per hour...THOSE guys are public servants.

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    I don't question the duty, but the title "public servants". Full time Cops/FFs/Etc are duly compensated with a fat pension. Hardly servants.

Vollie FFs at $10.50 per hour...THOSE guys are public servants.
    with that theory in mind, so are the legislators that just passed the 100mph go to jail bill here in NH

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    with that theory in mind, so are the legislators that just passed the 100mph go to jail bill here in NH
    er, senators, still gotta go to house, either way, pay is stipend $100/year

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Haha! When I was an EMT in holyoke, it was the wild west. We drove the ever loving shit outta those rigs. They were constantly in the shop getting new rear ends. I remember on rainy day I was in the passenger seat with a particularly wild cowboy behind the wheel. We were headed for lunch I think, and we took the twistiest road in town, the steep one behind the mall. It has a wooden bridge. We were hauling ass for the conditions and when we touched the wood the weight of the rig was still transferring outta the last corner. We were instantly sideways and accelerating towards pavement. I thought we would surely highside the +-10,000 pound vehicle, or else hit the guardrail. Neither happened. The cowboy had done this many times apparently and he guided that rig perfectly between the rails never letting the big diesel come off boost!

Speed limit? Ha!! That's funny.
    Lol. The Boston EMS guys wheel the hell out of those things too. Most impressive.

I wonder how many people here have ever driven anything big and heavy and understand the physics involved.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I wonder how many people here have ever driven anything big and heavy and understand the physics involved.
    Closest I can get is the diesel Chevy box truck I drove for a couple years at a company I used to work at. Even when empty, the weight was still a bit intimidating (especially in the snow).