Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

100+mph police chase on I-495

And I still couldn't keep up with them. No light No sirens just a pair of State Troopers flying down the highway. I was doing between 100 and 120 behind them.

I was just going with the flow of traffic to be safe

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

State Troopers lol

i followed 1 in ct with his wife & kids in the car never under 100
    1 other time not sure how fast i was doing the SOB snuck up on me & 2 others all he did was us & flew off

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Lifer

Too bad you can't do a citizens arrest!

Hey just wondering where on 495 this happened? I work in Frk and live in Milford so I am on that highway every day.

Cam

that's when you need a video camera and send that footage to your local news station.

One night I was having some on-ramp fun in this old Mitsubishi Turbo I used to own... I was probably doing 80-85 by the time I got to the top of it (it was 3AM on a Tuesday). I check my mirrors to make sure there's no one there and sure enough there's a trooper. By the time I glanced at my speed-o and looked back to the mirror he was already past me. Had to be doing 120. No lights. No sirens. Needless to say I didn't get ticketed.

I89

Every night between 530 and 6 on I89 in vermont between exits 1 and 3 you will see troopers headed back to the Bethel Barracks for the end of shift. Everyone of them driving between 80-100mph, no lights, no sirens, just headed home.

I have been passed while cruising at 85 mph many times without so much as a nod from the troopers. Haven't had the balls to fall in line behind them and try some bump drafting.

First Year I rode to Deals Gap, I took Skyline Drive & BRP
    on Skyline Drive I followed a park ranger for about 60 miles averaging 65-75mph about 5-10 seconds separation behind him
    catch up in corners, fall back a bit on the straights, the LEO was even honking his horn when there were deer to clear the road for us, slower cars were pulling over for us

speedlimit on Skyline Drive is 30mph

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

The Rangers usually don't play around down there, but the maintainance guys in the green trucks like to make time!
    Can you imagine if your job involved driving 30MPH on one of the worlds best road everyday? Would drive me insane, and to Speed!

....hey

just be happy those were cool cops who could have pulled you guys over if they wanted too. In court, it would have been their words against yours ( a guy on sportbike). You all know you would do the same at the end of a late shift if you were a cop.

No....if I was a cop, I'd OBEY THE DAMN LAW!!

Speeding cruisers is one of my biggest pet pieves!

'01 VFR 800

Lifer

Especially after a long shift!

When I'm exhausted and it's dark out and my alertness and reaction time are diminished I don't go, "Hmm.. it would be a good idea to go 120mph all the way home!"

they get rest sleeping in their cruisers when running radar.

Re: ....hey

Originally posted by FireFly
    just be happy those were cool cops who could have pulled you guys over if they wanted too. In court, it would have been their words against yours ( a guy on sportbike). You all know you would do the same at the end of a late shift if you were a cop.
    Could you please phrase that in the form of a question

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Originally posted by tonyd
    The Rangers usually don't play around down there, but the maintainance guys in the green trucks like to make time!
    Can you imagine if your job involved driving 30MPH on one of the worlds best road everyday? Would drive me insane, and to Speed!
    this wasn't a green maintenance truck, may have been a maintenance guy driving it, it was a SUV with red & blue lights and a siren that he blasted once when the horn didn't scare the deer away

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Originally posted by MC
    No....if I was a cop, I'd OBEY THE DAMN LAW!!

Speeding cruisers is one of my biggest pet pieves!
    I was thinking about it, why do they not audit with GPS such that if you are not "checked in", i.e. on a pursuit that is called in or recorded, that you capture exceptions, i.e. not on a call and speed > 30% of posted limit.

On the other hand, some MSP have to drive >2h (going at legal speed limit) to get to their patrol area from where they live, when they get out of academy they get sent wherever for a while then end up closer to their home. I think that is a huge waste of gas, because when someone is driving to their patrol zone they are not as worried about enforcement they are worried about getting to work just like anyone else.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

I think half the people who become cops do it just so they can speed around and they know no one will really bust them for it. I have two friends who are trying to become cops and all they ever talk about is how they can't wait to drive fast on the highway and bust people for speeding. I'm not saying all cops are like this, but you can't tell me that a majority of the police out there aren't eager to get into a high speed pursuit or fly up and down the highway.

Originally posted by Punjistick
    I think half the people who become cops do it just so they can speed around and they know no one will really bust them for it. I have two friends who are trying to become cops and all they ever talk about is how they can't wait to drive fast on the highway and bust people for speeding. I'm not saying all cops are like this, but you can't tell me that a majority of the police out there aren't eager to get into a high speed pursuit or fly up and down the highway.

I know a cop in Shrewsbury and he told me he became a cop for the women and to speed.

Well, personally, I am horrified at such an attitude. Next thing you are likely to say is that they wanted to become LE because they like to shoot guns, bust people for talking back and harass people for no good reason. Sheesh! And their riders like Harleys!

I Dance With Will

i cna't believe im reading this thread. aren't y'all suppose to be in favor?

"fuckit!"

It's ok Kham nobody got a ticket

I don't think most cops or even half of them become cops so they can speed. My undergrad was CJ and I was on the LEO career path including taking the civil service exam. So I knew dozens if not hundreds of people who were in the same boat.

I think that you could say that half of the cops become cops because public service i.e. fire, LEO and corrections are one of the few opportunities for someone with little to no education get a chance to obtain training that gives them a chance to make a decent living in a matter of months after getting the job.

You see, all the hard work of getting a degree, building a resume that includes practical experience working with law enforcement and the court system, it all means zero when you are a white male and up against a 2 year veteran of the army reserve, a minority or a female. Of course you can work around that to get points by learning to become fluent in a foreign language or becoming and EMT of which I did both, but at the end of the day it's who scores the highest on the test relative to their race, sex, military experience and other qualifications. Not education, GPA, personality tests, interviews, public charity or service work, social intelligence quotient, etc.

And if you get an education the pay raises are pretty hard to beat due to the Quinn bill. How would you like to make +20% by going to night school and taking one of the most straightforward & easy to pass BS degree programs available?

That in my opinion is why you see as many knuckleheads out in cruisers driving 100 to work, cursing at motorists during traffic stops, being bigots on the job, and otherwise generally ignorant (along with a lot of good ppl). The blue collar old boy network mentality is not going anyplace so long as its unionized and the selction process is as it is today.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by dhuze
    It's ok Kham nobody got a ticket
    im glad cause should leave those tickets for me. love tickets.

"fuckit!"